U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 08:45 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,129,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Out of curiosity, why would you say yay?
The Lancet article. And from my personal observations from work which requires examining people's private parts. I've also seen a couple of botched ones too so I'm still a little undecided.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:26 AM

2,005 posts, read 5,124,540 times
It was never a question in our minds. We did NOT cut, my husband is uncut, and it's perfectly fine with me. The current AMA recommendation is that circ is purely cosmetic. It's painful, uneccessary and if it goes wrong (which it occasionally does), there's no fixing it. If you're on the fence, please consider not circ'ing.

Sidenote: Most men of the world are NOT circ'd, there is no evidence that women in these societies have higher levels of HPV. One will argue that HIV is rampant in Africa, but that's because of other issues. Europe has no higher rates of HPV or HIV. That entire "scientific" data is hogwash!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:29 AM

2,005 posts, read 5,124,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Seemed like less work to have it cut. I made the right choice.
Oh please, we never had to do anything special to it, and besides, you do teach your girl to wash, do you think boys are unable to grasp the concept that they should clean their foreskin?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-30-2011 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: Deleted rude/inappropriate comments.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:35 PM

419 posts, read 734,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Seemed like less work to have it cut. I made the right choice.
Actually, it's not a big deal to clean an intact penis. Until it retracts (usually occurring anywhere from the toddler years to the teen years), you just wipe it like a finger. After it retracts, it's no more difficult than a girl cleaning her vagina. And what boy doesn't want an excuse to handle his junk?

Old 01-30-2011, 01:24 PM

235 posts, read 436,764 times
One of the biggest reasons we didn't have it done (aside from it being unnecessary) was my fear that something would go wrong during the operation. How could I possibly damage my child for life for no medically necessary reason? No way.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:55 AM

220 posts, read 490,377 times
"YAY". I was thinking hard about it when my son was born...I didn't like the fact that he would be in pain, but I also didn't want to risk infections from it not being cleaned properly as he grew (this is one of the risks that I was told by the doctor).

Now that he and I are older, I am 100% happy with the decision. *Excuse me while I get spiritual for a sec*. I believe that Circumcision is a Convenant with God. So, if I didn't have it done to my son when he was born (before I knew about this)...I would have definitely been considering it from the time that he was 6, (which is when I learned that aspect of it). I've only been with one guy that was not circumsized and I really didn't know what was going on when I saw it.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 PM

419 posts, read 734,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSJP View Post
I believe that Circumcision is a Convenant with God.
That sounds sketchy to me. If God had actually wanted this, then why limit circumcisions to only males? Seems that if God made us all in his image, then females are worthy of that convenant and should also be circumcised.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:38 PM

4,091 posts, read 3,067,695 times
It seems to me that if God had wanted boys to have foreskins, they'd have been born with them!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:23 PM

400 posts, read 769,768 times
We're about to have a baby boy and he is absolutely getting circ. I can't imagine why you wouldn't, I just don't like the looks of them lol. My mother's first husband wasn't and had to have it done in his 50's because of problems with it, I can't imagine that was fun. They didn't have my brothers done and so he got it done then too, he was around 9. He would have much preferred having it done when he was a baby. For me I would have left the room had I encountered an uncirc. man back in the day...sorry guys!

Old 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,079,037 times
Nay. Our last son was not but our first was and I regret that. With all the medical mistakes, the infections, etc., we totally minimize exposure to the medical community. I just could not see risking an unnecessary procedure. Men didn't used to have that procedure but, of course, that is before the "sexual revolution". Maybe the "sexual revolution" is the real problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting