Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 06:45 AM

18,408 posts, read 31,529,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Seemed like less work to have it cut. I made the right choice.

Blech.

You had your son cut so YOU would have less work "cleaning" it.

Cleaning an uncut penis really doesn't take that much time, and I have triplet boys.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-03-2011 at 08:31 AM..

Old 02-01-2011, 08:04 AM

13,250 posts, read 9,869,136 times
You're supposed to be attracted to the person, not the penis.

I think some of this "disgust" is based on fear of the unknown or unfamiliar. Maybe somewhere along the road it got ingrained in people that an uncut penis is dirty or yukky in some way. That would create an automatic ick factor that would make even the idea of it unattractive to some people.

Which is a shame. I have had experience with both and I wouldn't cut a son if I had one because I think there's certain benefits to having it intact that both partners miss out on when it's gone. I agree with jaida - the whole turtleneck thing is really a moot point after it's good to go. It kind of disappears, um - blends in, if you like. There are a lot of nerve endings there, that are gone if you cut it off.

Even if there was a multitude of women who's daughters were going to reject my imaginary son because they find it unappealing - I wouldn't presume to make that decision for him, by the same token I wouldn't pierce a baby girl's ears either. It may be uncomfortable to get it done later in life, but once it's gone it's gone, and you can't get it back.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,651,155 times
Have to say that what I am most struck by in this thread is the overwhelming sense of ownership that I am feeling while reading the 'Yay' posts.

I have to wonder, in this day and age when women are still fighting for the right to control their own bodies, how does anyone justify making this sort of decision for someone else, particularly when they have no say in the discussion or decision?

I wouldn't even get my daughters' ears pierced when they were babies, or even young children for the same reason I didn't want my sons circ'd. They would have had no say in what is essentially a bodily mutilation.

Of course, I wouldn't and didn't withhold any invasive lifesaving treatment, however, we are talking about a voluntary procedure here.
The only argument I can come even close to understanding is the 'like father like son' and religious tradition, but even then it seems to me a decision that shouldn't be taken lightly.

I'm sorry, but, I so don't get the breeziness with which so many are able to justify this.
And, to the women who did it for reasons of 'preference' - I'm sure Freud would have all sorts of things to say about that

Old 02-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I know some men who wish they had been circumcised... I wonder how the majority of men feel about this?

Well, I am circumcised, and I wish I wasn't .....

When I asked my mother why she had me circumcised she said in a vague "dummie" kind of answer, the doctor said to....meanwhile my father isn't circumcised, don't know where his brain was.........

When i had my 3 sons, I made it as clear as day that that was not going to happen !

Old 02-01-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You're supposed to be attracted to the person, not the penis.

I think some of this "disgust" is based on fear of the unknown or unfamiliar. Maybe somewhere along the road it got ingrained in people that an uncut penis is dirty or yukky in some way. That would create an automatic ick factor that would make even the idea of it unattractive to some people.

Which is a shame. I have had experience with both and I wouldn't cut a son if I had one because I think there's certain benefits to having it intact that both partners miss out on when it's gone. I agree with jaida - the whole turtleneck thing is really a moot point after it's good to go. It kind of disappears, um - blends in, if you like. There are a lot of nerve endings there, that are gone if you cut it off.

Even if there was a multitude of women who's daughters were going to reject my imaginary son because they find it unappealing - I wouldn't presume to make that decision for him, by the same token I wouldn't pierce a baby girl's ears either. It may be uncomfortable to get it done later in life, but once it's gone it's gone, and you can't get it back.
oh, and women that don't like the look of an uncut penis, remember, the vagina is not the prettiest looking body part either.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:30 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,534,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I'm sorry, but, I so don't get the breeziness with which so many are able to justify this.
Well said. Yup, choosing to do elective cosmetic surgery on someone else because of ones own prejudices is scary. The ugly/yuk/ewww factor would seem a particularly fickle reason to remove a part of another person's genitalia.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:43 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,803,826 times
If it makes you all feel better, I am equally disgusted by men that have carpets on their chests or hairy backs. :shrugs:

Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 AM

419 posts, read 867,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
oh, and women that don't like the look of an uncut penis, remember, the vagina is not the prettiest looking body part either.
I wonder if any of those women would get their daughters circumcised for vanity's sake. Fair is fair, right?

Old 02-01-2011, 09:56 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,803,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
I wonder if any of those women would get their daughters circumcised for vanity's sake. Fair is fair, right?
I can answer that. Nope.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:06 AM

419 posts, read 867,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
I can answer that. Nope.
But if you could get your daughter cut to make her look more attractive down there, why wouldn't you? You cut your son because you wanted him to have good-looking genitalia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting