U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 AM
 
564 posts, read 1,232,067 times
Reputation: 384

Advertisements

I add an enthusiastic 'NAY'.

 
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 AM
 
3,413 posts, read 6,313,579 times
Reputation: 1410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
You do realize that it hurts like a b@@@h to be born don't You? Let's not go into when forceps or a vacuum are used. Duh
I had my son at home with no interference and it does not hurt like a ***** to be born. It obviously does not hurt at all. You can watch the birth of any mammal on earth and see that it does not hurt to be born. Nature knows better than that.
If you feel the need to mangle a piece of your child's body for cosmetic purposes wait until he's older and can understand what is going on. The reason you're doing it at birth is because you can, because he can't fight back, can't complain or tell you to go to hell. You're supposed to protect him and instead you allow the world to bully him into tormenting him and disfiguring his body without his consent. Chicken****.

Last edited by laysayfair; 07-08-2011 at 09:09 AM.. Reason: sp
 
Old 07-08-2011, 09:02 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 1,529,167 times
Reputation: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I had my son at home with no interference and it does not hurt like a ***** to be born. It obviously does not hurt at all. You can watch the birth of any mammal on earth and see that it does not hurt to be born.
Did your son tell you that when he was born?
 
Old 07-08-2011, 09:16 AM
 
3,413 posts, read 6,313,579 times
Reputation: 1410
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Did your son tell you that when he was born?
Yes. Everything about him said nature is kind and good and would not cause needless suffering to a healthy fragile newborn. Babies can't hide anything. If they are in pain or even discomfort they let you know right away. You want to watch a baby in pain then watch a circumcision.
 
Old 07-08-2011, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
15,228 posts, read 23,743,496 times
Reputation: 19847
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Yes. Everything about him said nature is kind and good and would not cause needless suffering to a healthy fragile newborn. Babies can't hide anything. If they are in pain or even discomfort they let you know right away. You want to watch a baby in pain then watch a circumcision.




and parents actually choose to do this to a new born boy. unbelieveable, it takes nothing to roll the skin back and wash it. My 3 sons never seem to have a problem....

it is revolting, I am still not over the fact my mother did it to me......
 
Old 07-08-2011, 10:28 AM
 
Location: THE USA
3,254 posts, read 5,257,474 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I had my son at home with no interference and it does not hurt like a ***** to be born. It obviously does not hurt at all. You can watch the birth of any mammal on earth and see that it does not hurt to be born. Nature knows better than that.
If you feel the need to mangle a piece of your child's body for cosmetic purposes wait until he's older and can understand what is going on. The reason you're doing it at birth is because you can, because he can't fight back, can't complain or tell you to go to hell. You're supposed to protect him and instead you allow the world to bully him into tormenting him and disfiguring his body without his consent. Chicken****.
Oh and you know it doesn't hurt because you CLEARLY recall your own birth canal voyage because you claim to know this as fact. Let's squeeze your body through a tube the size of a large pickle jar and then we will decide if birth hurts or not. I believe it would not feel good. By the way you know infants and children don't feel pain as distinct as adults do. This is why toddlers can bonk their heads repeatedly without crying much. You cannot compare adult experiences to childhood ones.

PS I also pierced both my daughters ears before 6 months old, we like to cut our children.
 
Old 07-08-2011, 10:35 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 1,529,167 times
Reputation: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Yes. Everything about him said nature is kind and good and would not cause needless suffering to a healthy fragile newborn. Babies can't hide anything. If they are in pain or even discomfort they let you know right away. You want to watch a baby in pain then watch a circumcision.
My younger son was in the next room. He cried for a minute or so. I can't do anything but laugh at the rest of your statement.
 
Old 07-08-2011, 10:43 AM
 
3,413 posts, read 6,313,579 times
Reputation: 1410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Oh and you know it doesn't hurt because you CLEARLY recall your own birth canal voyage because you claim to know this as fact. Let's squeeze your body through a tube the size of a large pickle jar and then we will decide if birth hurts or not. I believe it would not feel good. By the way you know infants and children don't feel pain as distinct as adults do. This is why toddlers can bonk their heads repeatedly without crying much. You cannot compare adult experiences to childhood ones.

PS I also pierced both my daughters ears before 6 months old, we like to cut our children.
Your argument is weak but cut away. It's the child molester argument- It's OK to molest a baby or young child because they
are not going to remember, so it does not matter. No harm, no foul, right?

Last edited by laysayfair; 07-08-2011 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: sp
 
Old 07-08-2011, 10:56 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 1,529,167 times
Reputation: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Your argument is weak but cut away. It's the child molester argument- It's OK to molest a baby or young child because they
are not going to remember, so it does not matter. No harm, no foul, right?
Seriously? You're comparing that???

Already stated in this thread but I have 2 grown sons who would have been angry had I not circumcised them. Different stokes, different folks.
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:00 AM
 
3,413 posts, read 6,313,579 times
Reputation: 1410
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Seriously? You're comparing that???

Already stated in this thread but I have 2 grown sons who would have been angry had I not circumcised them. Different stokes, different folks.
I'm comparing the thinking. They are very similar forms of denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top