U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:02 AM
 
564 posts, read 1,233,060 times
Reputation: 384

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Seriously? You're comparing that???

Already stated in this thread but I have 2 grown sons who would have been angry had I not circumcised them. Different stokes, different folks.
Why on earth would that make them angry?

 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:11 AM
 
Location: THE USA
3,254 posts, read 5,260,543 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Your argument is weak but cut away. It's the child molester argument- It's OK to molest a baby or young child because they
are not going to remember, so it does not matter. No harm, no foul, right?
Better get a good lawyer for insinuating my preference for a completely legal and often religious procedure that is protected by the first amendment means I am a child molester in denial. The anti-defamation league would
not approve. Litigators are expensive and your comments are out of line. If people can Homeschool their children when they have no credentials, then I believe freedom from religious persecution should still be enforced.
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:15 AM
 
564 posts, read 1,233,060 times
Reputation: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Better get a good lawyer for insinuating my preference for a completely legal and often religious procedure that is protected by the first amendment means I am a child molester in denial. The anti-defamation league would
not approve. Litigators are expensive and your comments are out of line. If people can Homeschool their children when they have no credentials, then I believe freedom from religious persecution should still be enforced.
Wait, what? Are you seriously threatening to sue someone for a post on city data forum? LOL. I'm sure the ADL will devote all available resources to fightning this injustice!
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 AM
 
3,413 posts, read 6,316,691 times
Reputation: 1410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Better get a good lawyer for insinuating my preference for a completely legal and often religious procedure that is protected by the first amendment means I am a child molester in denial. The anti-defamation league would
not approve. Litigators are expensive and your comments are out of line. If people can Homeschool their children when they have no credentials, then I believe freedom from religious persecution should still be enforced.

An inability to conceptualize. Concrete-bound thinking.
And a little bit of a bully. Where there is an inability to reason there is always an excess of force.

Last edited by laysayfair; 07-08-2011 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: sp
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:27 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 1,530,270 times
Reputation: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfs View Post
Why on earth would that make them angry?
Because they appreciate not having foreskins.

Look, this thread has been beat to death. Some people find foreskins revolting, some people don't. Everybody should just worry about their own penises and not everybody elses.
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 1,530,270 times
Reputation: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I'm comparing the thinking. They are very similar forms of denial.
No, no they are not.
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn New York
15,233 posts, read 23,770,707 times
Reputation: 19867
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Seriously? You're comparing that???

Already stated in this thread but I have 2 grown sons who would have been angry had I not circumcised them. Different stokes, different folks.




well I have 3 grown sons and they are very happy they are NOT circumcised....
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:42 AM
 
1,302 posts, read 1,530,270 times
Reputation: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
[/u][/b]


well I have 3 grown sons and they are very happy they are NOT circumcised....
Like I said. Different strokes, different folks.

Lets all just be happy about our own and move on.
 
Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Romania
89 posts, read 151,095 times
Reputation: 108
it's regarded as mutilation in my country.
 
Old 07-08-2011, 12:13 PM
 
1,067 posts, read 1,377,772 times
Reputation: 1070
IDK I would get my sons done if I had one just because I think it looks better. I know thats a stupid reason but hey I dont want my son being made fun of. I know if I were to meet a guy and the first time I found he wasnt circ. then I would be grossed out. Its the same as getting a babys ears pierced. I plan to have my daughters done as soon as she old enough (I think its 6 weeks) but some people think of that as cruel.

To each its own I feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top