U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 12:37 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,314,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
IDK I would get my sons done if I had one just because I think it looks better. I know thats a stupid reason but hey I dont want my son being made fun of. I know if I were to meet a guy and the first time I found he wasnt circ. then I would be grossed out. Its the same as getting a babys ears pierced. I plan to have my daughters done as soon as she old enough (I think its 6 weeks) but some people think of that as cruel.

To each its own I feel.
Ohio, will you be with him when it's being done? No one is going to tease your son. Most of the people in the world are not cut but if you're going to do it at least be in there with him as his mother. There should be someone in the room with him that loves him.

Last edited by laysayfair; 07-08-2011 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-08-2011, 12:51 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,529,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina.Click View Post
it's regarded as mutilation in my country.
Well, this is not your country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Ohio, will you be with him when it's being done? No one is going to tease your son. Most of the people in the world are not cut but if you're going to do it at least be in there with him as his mother. There should be someone in the room with him that loves him.
You sure nobody is going to tease him? Really? I can tell you it does happen. This is not other parts of the world.

Have you ever even been around a newly circumcised baby? I can assure you there is no lasting trauma. Mine were back in an hour happily sleeping and showed no signs of pain.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:52 PM

15,228 posts, read 23,749,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Like I said. Different strokes, different folks.

Lets all just be happy about our own and move on.
OK, I am with you on that !!

Old 07-08-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Because they appreciate not having foreskins.

Look, this thread has been beat to death. Some people find foreskins revolting, some people don't. Everybody should just worry about their own penises and not everybody elses.

yeah, but I want my foreskin back, and obviously I can't now.....

Old 07-08-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
IDK I would get my sons done if I had one just because I think it looks better. I know thats a stupid reason but hey I dont want my son being made fun of. I know if I were to meet a guy and the first time I found he wasnt circ. then I would be grossed out. Its the same as getting a babys ears pierced. I plan to have my daughters done as soon as she old enough (I think its 6 weeks) but some people think of that as cruel.

To each its own I feel.

I don't think it is really cruel, but I do think it is un-necessary at that age.....but then, I only had boys.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ina.Click View Post
it's regarded as mutilation in my country.
Many people in the USA are coming around to admitting that fact as well but it's hard on the parents who have already done it.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:

You sure nobody is going to tease him? Really? I can tell you it does happen. This is not other parts of the world.

Have you ever even been around a newly circumcised baby? I can assure you there is no lasting trauma. Mine were back in an hour happily sleeping and showed no signs of pain.

"Like I said. Different strokes, different folks.

Lets all just be happy about our own and move on."

I know you want to move on (as you stated above) so I won't bother you with it anymore.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:23 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,529,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
"Like I said. Different strokes, different folks.

Lets all just be happy about our own and move on."

I know you want to move on (as you stated above) so I won't bother you with it anymore.
It is not bothering me. The thing that bothered me was your assumption that you know all and your opinion is right. That and the fact that you could even draw a remote comparison to child molestation with circumcision. That is pretty gross.

There are plenty of things that people do in the way they raise their kids that I find wacky and out there but would never draw such an horrific comparison.

Circumcision is a personal choice, just as any other parenting choices are. It is not your place to become judge and jury on the topic.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
It is not bothering me. The thing that bothered me was your assumption that you know all and your opinion is right. That and the fact that you could even draw a remote comparison to child molestation with circumcision. That is pretty gross.

There are plenty of things that people do in the way they raise their kids that I find wacky and out there but would never draw such an horrific comparison.

Circumcision is a personal choice, just as any other parenting choices are. It is not your place to become judge and jury on the topic.

It's Ok.

Last edited by laysayfair; 07-08-2011 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-08-2011, 01:51 PM

89 posts, read 151,004 times
Quote:
this is not your forum either

Edit: it's regarded as mutilation mainly because the child cannot agree or have any argument against or for it.

And because we consider it useless.

But I agree that if you've only seen pears for a while, apples might look a bit funky :P

So yeh, at the end of the day, to each his own. However, I wonder how many adults would cut their foreskins at 25 if that would be the age for circumcision. Or at 15 . Or at any age at they would realize what's about to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting