Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Ohio, will you be with him when it's being done? No one is going to tease your son. Most of the people in the world are not cut but if you're going to do it at least be in there with him as his mother. There should be someone in the room with him that loves him.

yeah I would deff be with him...I would hate for him to be all alone but from what my friend told me they numb the babies so they dont feel it. I dont know how true that is.

Lets just say IM GLAD IM HAVING A GIRL lol no hard choices there.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:58 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,679,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
[/u][/b]I don't think it is really cruel, but I do think it is un-necessary at that age.....but then, I only had boys.

The only reason I would want to that young is so that she is used to them and when shes older it will seem as if they arent there. My mom waited until I was 4 and 3 days after it was done I ripped one out of my ear. (I cant remember if I did it on purpose or not.) lol

Old 07-08-2011, 02:04 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,128,950 times
It's a personal, family medical decision.

People who get up in arms over this issue really bewilder me. It's actually a pretty trivial issue for most people.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:06 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfs View Post
Wait, what? Are you seriously threatening to sue someone for a post on city data forum? LOL. I'm sure the ADL will devote all available resources to fightning this injustice!
The injustice of the belief of a blood covenant with God being the same as a child molester?

Yes, I can say that comparing their genuine beliefs to those who abuse children will certainly get their attention. Lucky for that poster they are a big nobody and no one cares what they think. If they had a blog or worked at a real news gathering source I would believe the ADL would be weighing in on the comments.

The fact is that those who decide to circumcise their children are doing so in good faith. They believe they are doing the RIGHT thing and therefore there is no injustice being done.

You really want to help little boys? Move to Utah and help the lost Boys of FLDS. Take in some of the young men who's parents have abandoned them to the state. But don't bother with people who are giving their boys a better chance at a healthy sex life.

Preventing AIDS and HPV is a good thing and if boys AND girls benefit from circumcision then it should be allowed,.

Circumcision prevents HPV spread: study - Health - CBC News

After 24 months, 27.8 per cent of the steady partners of circumcised men had HPV infections, compared with 38.7 per cent of the partners of uncircumcised men, the study's authors reported in this week's issue of the medical journal The Lancet.

Report: Circumcision May Prevent HIV - CBS News

"Male circumcision could avert 2 million new HIV infections and 300,000 deaths over the next 10 years in sub-Saharan Africa," Williams and colleagues write. "In the 10 years after that, it could avert a further 3.7 million new infections and 2.7 million deaths."

Old 07-10-2011, 06:10 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,925,050 times
It wasn't my post, but I think you are overreacting. The statement was not that circ is alike to child molestation in its violation of the child, but that the argument that the pain is irrelevant not b/c they don't feel it but b/c they won't remember it, is alike.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:28 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post

Preventing AIDS and HPV is a good thing and if boys AND girls benefit from circumcision then it should be allowed,.
I'm glad that you are impartial and equally support female circumcision. Cutting off boy's penises would bring the STD percentages pretty close to 0, so that might even be better instead of proper education on safe sex.

Would the penis cutters support my decision if I decided to put a Mike Tyson-like facial tattoo on my baby because of aesthetics?

It is extremely shallow to have your baby undergo circumcision because of looks. Makes it sound like you are going to be sleeping with them, otherwise how do you know what their future spouse finds attractive?

Old 07-10-2011, 06:39 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I'm glad that you are impartial and equally support female circumcision. Cutting off boy's penises would bring the STD percentages pretty close to 0, so that might even be better instead of proper education on safe sex.

Would the penis cutters support my decision if I decided to put a Mike Tyson-like facial tattoo on my baby because of aesthetics?

It is extremely shallow to have your baby undergo circumcision because of looks. Makes it sound like you are going to be sleeping with them, otherwise how do you know what their future spouse finds attractive?
There is no issue of cleanliness with females. and tattoos are definitely comparable.

I said it earlier in this thread but I know someone who had to have it done as an adult. There's a good time.

If you want to call me shallow, I am fine with it. Everyone has things they prefer, fat, skinny, bald, hairy the list goes on. No, I don't know what his future spouse will prefer. I do know that I do not know a single woman who prefers an uncut. Not one. Maybe we are in the minority, maybe not but I also was not going to set my sons up for a woman being repulsed by him because I didn't do what is the absolute norm in America.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:38 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
There is no issue of cleanliness with females. and tattoos are definitely comparable.

I said it earlier in this thread but I know someone who had to have it done as an adult. There's a good time.

If you want to call me shallow, I am fine with it. Everyone has things they prefer, fat, skinny, bald, hairy the list goes on. No, I don't know what his future spouse will prefer. I do know that I do not know a single woman who prefers an uncut. Not one. Maybe we are in the minority, maybe not but I also was not going to set my sons up for a woman being repulsed by him because I didn't do what is the absolute norm in America.
LM, of course you have the right to like what you like and do what's best for your boys. But your sons are grown men, what might of been the norm for them when they were babies is not the norm now.

There's a whole new generation of kids who probably won't care either way, because there'll be just as many uncut as cut, and the women of their generation will not think it's so repulsive - or if they do, they're going to have a lot less men to choose from.

I know you don't really care what people in other countries do, but the fact is women in Europe and Australia do not run screaming when they encounter an intact penis - somewhere along the line women in the US have been taught it's unattractive, but that perception is going to fade as we turn into old farts and the newest generation gets their groove on.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:45 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
LM, of course you have the right to like what you like and do what's best for your boys. But your sons are grown men, what might of been the norm for them when they were babies is not the norm now.

There's a whole new generation of kids who probably won't care either way, because there'll be just as many uncut as cut, and the women of their generation will not think it's so repulsive - or if they do, they're going to have a lot less men to choose from.

I know you don't really care what people in other countries do, but the fact is women in Europe and Australia do not run screaming when they encounter an intact penis - somewhere along the line women in the US have been taught it's unattractive, but that perception is going to fade as we turn into old farts and the newest generation gets their groove on.
Lol, probably true. I know my sons generation are all cut, maybe the tides are turning now.

Like someone said earlier...if you are used to apples, a pear isn't gonna cut it.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:51 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Lol, probably true. I know my sons generation are all cut, maybe the tides are turning now.

Like someone said earlier...if you are used to apples, a pear isn't gonna cut it.
Exactly! And I'm sure there's a banana joke I could insert here... But I need more coffee first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting