Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 03:26 PM

9 posts, read 16,734 times

Advertisements

Im curious if parents who are aware that their child is a bully ie. by notification of victims parents...school...police...What steps are they taking to correct this issue with their child. Because truly I have had it up to here and then some with children being tormented to the point of psychological trauma physical damage or worse death...I can not imagine that a great majority of these parents are unaware of their childrens behavior and personalities...Im confident there are exceptions however I feel the majority are quite aware of it...And it kills me to read these parents of bullies feeling now their children are being ostracized...Im in favor of changing the law and holding this tyrants in the making accountable...Listen if you DONT want to be labeled by the community or on your school record youre a deviant..heres a clue...dont bully....We have to teach them somehow...times have changed people....Lets make a difference and Id go so short as sewing a big B on a bullys shirt haha Really it was said well the names of bullies must be shielded because theyre children and this could traumatize them...yeah? one act will traumatize them? ha guess they werent thinkin of that when they were torturing their victims for yearssss sometimes...Just makes me sick...Lets save the children before they kill us all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 03:43 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
It has been my experience that the majority of bullies (not all) have one or both parents that are bullies too. To have any insight mean being accountable for their own actions, which rarely happens. Then I think the remainder are parents that are very passive, and are dominated by their kids. I think the schools could be a lot tougher on bullies. Heaven forbid you draw a pictue of a gun, you'll be booted out ASAP, but you can bully repeatedly with little consequence. If they can impose zero tolerance for a bunch of petty infractions, they should impose it for bullying.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:30 PM

852 posts, read 1,365,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
It has been my experience that the majority of bullies (not all) have one or both parents that are bullies too. To have any insight mean being accountable for their own actions, which rarely happens. Then I think the remainder are parents that are very passive, and are dominated by their kids. I think the schools could be a lot tougher on bullies. Heaven forbid you draw a pictue of a gun, you'll be booted out ASAP, but you can bully repeatedly with little consequence. If they can impose zero tolerance for a bunch of petty infractions, they should impose it for bullying.
Yep. I completely agree.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I wholeheartedly agree...just thinking out loud folks...I truly believe some people just are born with that evil gene..seen the shows..parents are wholesome have taught the child right from wrong..tried medication therapy..the works and some little turds just dont become ingrained with the we are the world seed...so Im thinking for the other spectrum of parents who fly their own coocoo kite...how about this each case should be taken individually..if we have a repeat bully offender and the parent has gone to great links to change this behavior and its proven with records..lets old the child accountable..if not lets start imposing so culpability on the parents...thered be a wakeup...take away the parents freedom for negligence bet youd see that bully population start to dwindle...just throwin it out there bc the saddest fact is AN 11 year old commits suicide..an 11 yr old???? makes me shudder and cry in my heart....we have to save the little children bc they cant do it alone

Old 01-28-2011, 05:33 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
Bullies (and their families) are protected by layers of privacy laws. Parents of their victims need to understand that the old "kids will be kids" thing protects bullies as well.

Instead of allowing the schools to handle any bullying situation, parents need to PROSECUTE the monsters. School's administrative staffs have a decided interest in not reporting incidents and attempting to keep the victims and their parents from pushing the issue.

If every child knew that if he threw a chair (something I just witnessed in a 1st grade classroom in a 'bully free' school that just finished 'Rachel' Challenge) that he would be removed from the school, if his/her parent's knew they'd be fined and if teachers and administrators knew that if they were caught covering it up their careers would END, things would change.

Until then, nothing will. Justice needs to be swift, punishment needs to be harsh. Whether the bully is 7, 11 or 17.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:40 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Jaade,

Is your child being bullied?

Old 01-28-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Jaade,

Is your child being bullied?
no not at all thank goodness...and nor is he a bully...and i definately agree that the justice should be swift and harsh because if ya keep doin what ya doin youre gonna keep gettin what u got and it will only get worse...it just touches me deeply to see all these horrendous stories....legislation needs to change quickly...Im thinking Ill write my congressman...children are so innocent...they NEED to be protected...

Old 01-28-2011, 06:04 PM

What happened was I googled the story of the father in Sanford Fl who jumped on the bus and lost his mind with the bully...which I dont advocate however you could see the frustration...bc if we had laws in place to stop this he probably would not have had to go to that extreme..I was curious to see what happened in his case..and I was FLOORED at the endless accounts throughout the WORLD of bullies victimizing to the point children were commiting suicide...thats what got me started..truly

Old 01-29-2011, 10:18 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,045 times
My son was bullied beyond belief the past two years by a newcomer to our small town. It started with name calling, throwing rocks/sticks at him. My son was 9 and the bully was 12. It came to a halt when my son was walking home from school one day with a couple of his friends. The bully came barrelling up on him with his bike and tried running him over. My son quickly moved out of the way but the bully turned and came back at him coming a little too close to the girl that walking with my son. My son grabbed the bully off his bike and when he tried to take a swing at my son, was punched right square in the nose. He then called the girl a horrible name and my son proceeded to whitewash the kid. He then dragged the kid to the side of the road and continued home. This whole event was witnessed by several adults including the crosswalk guard. (thank goodness). The bully's mom called me up and preceeded to give me the third degree on how MY son is a bully and she was pressing charges because her son's nose was bleeding. What upsets me is that my son had to resort to physical aggression to PROTECT not only himself but a girl that was with him. Needless to say, he recieved numerous "atta boy's" from alot of parents including his own.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:25 AM

550 posts, read 1,355,960 times
My sister-in-law has a devil of a son that bullies his cousin (my brother-in-law's nephew) all the time and she thinks it's just normal behavior.

My thought is that some parents are just oblivious and/or don't want to know the hard truth - Their kid(s) is a bullying-brat that needs a good spanking and disciplining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting