Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,543 times

Advertisements

I have no problem for dads taking there daughter in the mens or boys lockerrooms.The gym i go to open there lockerrooms up to 17 years old and younger can go in the oppisite genders lockerroom.But the in the boys lockerroom,the dad or male guardian has to exscort the females in the boys and it is the same for the girls lockerroom.The oppisite gender must take a shower just like everyone else.

I have seen dads bring in there boys birthday parties in the boys lockerroom and bring there older teenage sisters in there and change and shower together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,532,044 times
I have taken my daughter into both female and male bathrooms. Just depends on the situation and type of bathroom. Also she is younger (3) so I won't be letting her go alone even though she really doesn't need me. She is always with me so we run into this situation all the time. I was so happy to see my first family restroom in a WalMart that I took a picture of it. I have gotten some crazy looks from females walking my daughter out but honestly could care less.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,995,938 times
Exclamation Please give me your thoughts on this

My spouse and I were traveling, and we stopped at a Rest Stop in Georgia. My spouse went to the Men's Room and told me that there was possibly what appeared to be a father with a little girl, about 2-3 years' old. He brought her little undies down and sat her to urinate in the men's urinal, in front of all the other men who were exposed urinating.

My spouse was upset because those places are full of germs, and there are toilet stalls, where he could have sat her with some paper down, without exposing her to these other men.

My spouse did not say anything for fear of retribution, as many people carry guns in the state.

Many divorced, separated, unmarried fathers would usually take the little girl to a Ladies' Room and ask a female attendant or another mother to take the little girl in. This man was about forty five years' old, so he should know better.

What is your opinion on this? Thank you,

Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,047,287 times
this has been discussed on this forum several times in the past. Most people seemed to think father is better off taking female child into private male stall rather than entrusting his child to a stranger in the women's room. He should have known better than to place a child directly on the urinal. That is disgusting.

I'm not a fan of Georgia but I doubt it has more gun carrying folks than other states, especially in an interstate restroom.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,189 times
At 2 or 3 years old, she won't remember seeing naked strangers at the gas station when she grows up. Personally, I think I would rather she stay with her dad than be taken into the bathroom by a stranger. I bring my son in to the women's room....really- what's the difference?

Old 03-11-2011, 07:58 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,763,721 times
Because women don't usually drip ON the toilet seat when/after urinating. Men often drip ON the urinal, and there is no seat on a urinal. This man put his daughter's bare buttocks on what was probably a urine-crusted filthy nasty germ-infested porcelain bowl.

That's really the only thing I find disturbing. The fact that he took his daughter into the men's room doesn't phase me in the least; it was probably the safest option. I wouldn't trust my 3-year-old daughter with some stranger in a state highway rest area, nor would I even consider imposing a chid on a stranger by asking for the favor.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:09 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,189 times
As a parent, we've all been in the situation at least once (or more) where they have to go RIGHT NOW, and it ended up being in a strange place. That was probably the case and the stalls were full so he had no choice. Gross, yes. Absolutely. But we really don't know the whole story.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:10 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
My opinion on this? He is her father. It's his decision how. Get over it.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,997,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Because women don't usually drip ON the toilet seat when/after urinating.
Yes they do! But maybe women don't squat om public restrooms where you live.

Quote:
Men often drip ON the urinal, and there is no seat on a urinal. This man put his daughter's bare buttocks on what was probably a urine-crusted filthy nasty germ-infested porcelain bowl.

That's really the only thing I find disturbing. The fact that he took his daughter into the men's room doesn't phase me in the least; it was probably the safest option. I wouldn't trust my 3-year-old daughter with some stranger in a state highway rest area, nor would I even consider imposing a chid on a stranger by asking for the favor.
Maybe the toilets in the stalls were overly disgusting. Ever seen those in the men's room? Or maybe the man is missing a few IQ points. Either way, the girl will live.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:42 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
My opinion on this? He is her father. It's his decision how. Get over it.
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal chic View Post
As a parent, we've all been in the situation at least once (or more) where they have to go RIGHT NOW, and it ended up being in a strange place. That was probably the case and the stalls were full so he had no choice. Gross, yes. Absolutely. But we really don't know the whole story.
Yep!

Quote:
Because women don't usually drip ON the toilet seat when/after urinating.
Nope. I was a plumber over 30 years in a 34 floor building. On average, Women's rooms are way more gross than men's. Don't ask me why, I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting