U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 09:12 PM

4,264 posts, read 8,137,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Because women don't usually drip ON the toilet seat when/after urinating. Men often drip ON the urinal, and there is no seat on a urinal. This man put his daughter's bare buttocks on what was probably a urine-crusted filthy nasty germ-infested porcelain bowl.

That's really the only thing I find disturbing. The fact that he took his daughter into the men's room doesn't phase me in the least; it was probably the safest option. I wouldn't trust my 3-year-old daughter with some stranger in a state highway rest area, nor would I even consider imposing a chid on a stranger by asking for the favor.

I have seen some nasty toliets in womens restrooms in my lifetime, drops of pee that someone was to lazy to clean off, crap all over the seat so I wouldn't say your statement is 100% accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 12:39 PM

86,878 posts, read 102,269,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
My spouse and I were traveling, and we stopped at a Rest Stop in Georgia. My spouse went to the Men's Room and told me that there was possibly what appeared to be a father with a little girl, about 2-3 years' old. He brought her little undies down and sat her to urinate in the men's urinal, in front of all the other men who were exposed urinating.

My spouse was upset because those places are full of germs, and there are toilet stalls, where he could have sat her with some paper down, without exposing her to these other men.

My spouse did not say anything for fear of retribution, as many people carry guns in the state.

Many divorced, separated, unmarried fathers would usually take the little girl to a Ladies' Room and ask a female attendant or another mother to take the little girl in. This man was about forty five years' old, so he should know better.

What is your opinion on this? Thank you,
Very few of the rest areas I have ever been in have attendants. Even the ones with restaurants, like on the PA/Ohio Turnpikes have only restaurant employees, who have their own jobs to do. I've been at a few rest areas where some group was giving away free coffee or something, and had some people there who might be able to help. Are you saying there was someone who could help and the dad didn't ask for anyone? My daughters probably wouldn't have gone with a strange woman to the RR when they were that age. They would have started to cry.

I agree with the many who said the father made his decision, and the child won't likely remember it.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 9,197 times
my son is 13. i bring him into the ladies room with me. if he refuses i drag him in there and spank him. that way he never refuses because he knows he will get a bare bottom hairbrush spanking in the stall. 10 spanks sends him wailing and that is why he rarely says anyting objective about using the womens restroom. it is just not safe. i will not permit him ever to use the mens restroom until he is 16. dont go off saying stuff about self esteme because he is captain of the wrestling team. he has never ever used the mens restroom and he will continue to use the womens until he is 16.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:06 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,538,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara darwin :) View Post
....and he will continue to use the womens until he is 16.
Good to know!

He should be in his own bed and through with breast feeding right about then so it will all work out well.

I'm very happy for you.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:58 PM

9,173 posts, read 7,032,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Good to know!

He should be in his own bed and through with breast feeding right about then so it will all work out well.

I'm very happy for you.
Priceless. Oh dear.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:37 PM

8,004 posts, read 10,004,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I have seen some nasty toliets in womens restrooms in my lifetime, drops of pee that someone was to lazy to clean off, crap all over the seat so I wouldn't say your statement is 100% accurate.
I agree. There have been times I have had to open several stall doors, or simple bypass using the restroom altogether...rushing through the store so I could get to another restroom elsewhere. Just...ewwww!

Old 05-20-2011, 08:40 PM

8,004 posts, read 10,004,220 times
Quote:
my son is 13. i bring him into the ladies room with me. if he refuses i drag him in there and spank him. that way he never refuses because he knows he will get a bare bottom hairbrush spanking in the stall. 10 spanks sends him wailing and that is why he rarely says anyting objective about using the womens restroom. it is just not safe. i will not permit him ever to use the mens restroom until he is 16. dont go off saying stuff about self esteme because he is captain of the wrestling team. he has never ever used the mens restroom and he will continue to use the womens until he is 16.
I see a string of therapists, with their hands full, in this boy's future if this is a truthful post!

Finster...I agree...Dew...Priceless! LOL

Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 PM

973 posts, read 1,853,300 times
My son is 7 1/2, I bring him in the ladies room w/ me. My hubby has taken our daughter in the men's room when she was younger. Once, in a restaurant, my hubby got up to use the restroom & daughter, then 3, had to go. Hubby took her. He was holding her to wash her hands & this guy in a wheelchair came up to them & asked 'She's so pretty, can I hold her?', he sounded creepy, hubby said. Hubby politely said no, but the guy reached his hand out to touch/grab/whatever our 3yo daughter!!!! Hubby had to push his hand away!!! If it can happen here, it can happen anywhere. The guy could've been totally innocent, sorry, don't care.

Unless my son is w/ my friend's son (who's newly 13 & weighs more than me lol & can do something if someone tries anything) , or my hubby, I will NOT let him go in the boys room by himself. Sorry, I'm just paranoid that way. Sad that I feel I have to be. =*(

Old 05-21-2011, 07:05 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,667,738 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Good to know!

I'm very happy for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Priceless. Oh dear.
Awww come on ladies...did you really fall for sara's obvious joke?

Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 AM

11,140 posts, read 20,307,607 times
I haven't read all the posts yet (it's saturday morning and time to go to garage sales lol ) but as the mother of young girls, I find it inappropriate and disgusting when there are boys as tall as me in the ladies restroom. If my daughters go in and see boys in there, they'll come right back out and wait until the boys are out.

The worst is the changing areas at the state beach, a large open room with short partitions and showers everwhere, no doors on the partitions. There were teen boys in there with their mothers, and the mothers didn't seem to have any problem changing in front of the boys, but none of the other women or girls were comfortable with the boys in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or