U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,607,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I see a string of therapists, with their hands full, in this boy's future if this is a truthful post!

Finster...I agree...Dew...Priceless! LOL
You too? I'm disappointed.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 07:13 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,983,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
You too? I'm disappointed.
ROTFLOL! Hey, I guarded my statement! LOL I said IF this was a real post. LHM Mags, you just never know what someone is going to do nowadays. Holy cow, NOTHING would surprise me anymore.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
ROTFLOL! Hey, I guarded my statement! LOL I said IF this was a real post. LHM Mags, you just never know what someone is going to do nowadays. Holy cow, NOTHING would surprise me anymore.
LOL True, true. I should stop being so naive. I really get myself into trouble that way!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:39 AM

8,004 posts, read 9,983,281 times
Quote:
LOL True, true. I should stop being so naive. I really get myself into trouble that way!

LOL...so do I. Just because it's something I couldn't imagine doing, it doesn't mean I won't have to eat crow if I say NO one would do it. I hate crow...the feathers get stuck between your teeth. I much prefer chicken!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:43 AM

9,168 posts, read 7,013,150 times
Quote:
Awww come on ladies...did you really fall for sara's obvious joke?
And are you that certain we did?

Old 05-22-2011, 08:11 PM

15,540 posts, read 24,826,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I have read through this thread, seen some posts that make me wonder, but basically if someone thinks I am over-protective I could really care less. We all try to teach our children to be independent, to be aware of their surroundings, yadda, yadda, yadda, but since I am the one who would have to deal with the tragedy should my child be that 1 in a million that something bad happens to, then I will be as over-protective as I deem nessary. People can call me over-protective, helicopter parent or whatever else they choose to call me, all that matters is that at the end of the day I can look into my childs face, kiss them and tell them goodnight.

there is just one word that needs to complete this perfect post.

Amen !!!

Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 PM

4,480 posts, read 8,556,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara darwin :) View Post
my son is 13. i bring him into the ladies room with me. if he refuses i drag him in there and spank him. that way he never refuses because he knows he will get a bare bottom hairbrush spanking in the stall. 10 spanks sends him wailing and that is why he rarely says anyting objective about using the womens restroom. it is just not safe. i will not permit him ever to use the mens restroom until he is 16. dont go off saying stuff about self esteme because he is captain of the wrestling team. he has never ever used the mens restroom and he will continue to use the womens until he is 16.
You must carry a big purse to have a full sized paddle brush with you at all times.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:39 AM

247 posts, read 438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I recently noticed some older boys (around 10 years old or maybe they just look very mature) accompanying their moms in the ladies room -- and using the restroom too. I didn't think it's a huge deal but at what age does it become weird? Can't the kid just use the men's room while the mom waits outside?

It would definitely be uncomfortable if a young girl had to use a restroom and she had to be accompanied by her dad. I can't imagine bringing a small girl into the men's room, and I can't imagine a man going into the lady's room to help the daughter. How do people deal with that?

I understand what you mean but for my case, my brother [8 years old, but looks about 10] has a medical condition that requires someone to help him with going to the restroom. I'm sure this isn't everybodys case but I'm just saying, there are some of us who have family members/sons who require this. Please do consider it...They really should put family restrooms at every public place just for people in these circumstances as well as for people who have an older child of the opposite sex that they don't feel comfortable leaving outside.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:48 AM

5,626 posts, read 4,191,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara darwin :) View Post
my son is 13. i bring him into the ladies room with me. if he refuses i drag him in there and spank him. that way he never refuses because he knows he will get a bare bottom hairbrush spanking in the stall. 10 spanks sends him wailing and that is why he rarely says anyting objective about using the womens restroom. it is just not safe. i will not permit him ever to use the mens restroom until he is 16. dont go off saying stuff about self esteme because he is captain of the wrestling team. he has never ever used the mens restroom and he will continue to use the womens until he is 16.
To each his own, but I think dragging a 15 year old boy into a womans restroom is asking for trouble..

Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkayx333 View Post
I understand what you mean but for my case, my brother [8 years old, but looks about 10] has a medical condition that requires someone to help him with going to the restroom. I'm sure this isn't everybodys case but I'm just saying, there are some of us who have family members/sons who require this. Please do consider it...They really should put family restrooms at every public place just for people in these circumstances as well as for people who have an older child of the opposite sex that they don't feel comfortable leaving outside.
One of my children is on the autism spectrum. I'm not sure when he'll be able to use the bathroom alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or