U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 07:17 PM

3,293 posts, read 1,839,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
In the past year no less than 5 teachers in our area have been found to be having sexual relations with their students.

I guess I should just keep my kids home, eh?
Not really sure how that correlates to letting young children use a public restroom before they are ready? And yea five in one year? I'ld hit the freaking roof. Our job as parents is for our kids, first and foremost. I am about as far as you can get from being a helicopter parent but I do practice common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 04:20 AM

27,993 posts, read 19,652,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicshark View Post
Not really sure how that correlates to letting young children use a public restroom before they are ready? And yea five in one year? I'ld hit the freaking roof. Our job as parents is for our kids, first and foremost. I am about as far as you can get from being a helicopter parent but I do practice common sense.
I mentioned it because, IMO, it is silly to be worried about your child using the bathroom yet not worry about their teachers, coaches, other parents, neighbors, men of the cloth, etc molesting your children.

I practice common sense too. Common sense tells me that the chances of my child being molested in a public bathroom are slim while the chances of my smothering them as older children damaging their independence and ego are quite high.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:29 AM

3,343 posts, read 2,497,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Ladies restrooms has everything behind closed doors, but urinals are out there for the whole world to see!
And?

Oh no - someone might see an adult male mammal urinating. However will we deal with the emotional and psychological scars of this? Can the Medical Insurance industry cope with the psychological Invoices we will be getting from the reams of mental health professionals we will clearly need to deal with this horrific series of events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Not only are there penises in full view, but mens rooms are not known for their cleanliness nor their engaging ambiance.
Oh goodness does the horror of it ever end. FULL view you say? A whole penis? Why the children of such experiences will require immediate recovery programs. How did they even cope to leave the room without a full on mental break down on the spot. They SEE them you say? With their EYES! Oh the horror. Oh the humanity.

On the relative cleanliness of toilets between the sexes however - you may be very much surprised. I am not sure how many rooms of the opposite sex to you that you have frequented yourself - but as a person who has done a lot of bar and restaurant work in my time - and have many friends in my circles who have done the same - the general consensus appears to be the Fairer Sex leaves the rooms people less want to have to clean up after. At best your point is a non-point - but my feeling is you have it exactly backwards.

But if you actually think penises are in "Full view" in the first place - I expect your actual experience in mens rooms is minimal.

And after all it is a toilet. I am not sure what "ambiance" you expect or require to make them a place to bring children.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:25 AM

4,342 posts, read 2,611,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I've always taken my boys into the ladies room with me when they were younger. Several years ago a 9-year old boy was allowed to go into a public restroom while his aunt waited outside. The boy was murdered in the restroom. I have never forgotten the story. Here's an article about this horrific crime from 1998 when it happened:

CNN - Suspect arrested in case of boy killed in public bathroom - November 16, 1998
This is sad indeed, but if the aunt were with his boy, would she have been able to defend him from this man? He could've slashed both of their throats for anybody knew, and it would've just been a different tragedy.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:17 AM

27,993 posts, read 19,652,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
Who here has separate sex bathrooms at home?
Not me but I have a lock and I use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or