U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:39 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
To leave your underage daughter alone during an Annie Lebovitz photo shot....

I am sorry to see all of this, but the writing was/has/is all over the wall.

Get off the media circus train & get control of your daughter.

Remember Britney Spears & the Rolling Stones cover? I think she was 15 or 16 at the time.

Yep, her folks fell for it too. But her dad pulled up his boot straps and as much as he needs to take his fair share in difficulties of her life, at least we are seeing a somewhat positive turnaround for her b/c he got control of her assets which made the followers drift away & for her to maybe get somewhat of a life.
He can blame himself. He didn't care at the time about the child nudity - all to make money. He encouraged her to be a sexpot at a very early age.

Now she has her big money and no more parental control to stop her from going completely out of control.

She'll likely be OD'd soon in some cheap trashy motel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 10:38 PM

2,814 posts, read 5,856,135 times
I'm waiting to hear about Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's kids. They are starting to pimp them out: making movies, music videos. In their case it's not about fame or money, because they already have it. I think it's about them getting off on watching their "Minnie Me's". I have a feeling those kids are being pushed hard.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:01 PM

15,228 posts, read 23,749,578 times
oh, and lets not forget about Madonnas daughter, i am sure will will see her at some point in our lives....

but I think Madonna is too smart to let anything happen to her kids..

Old 02-17-2011, 02:07 PM

2,779 posts, read 4,495,487 times
Madonna's known to be pretty strict with her kids, although who knows with all of husband/boyfriend drama.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:17 PM

2,352 posts, read 3,916,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I'm waiting to hear about Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's kids. They are starting to pimp them out: making movies, music videos. In their case it's not about fame or money, because they already have it. I think it's about them getting off on watching their "Minnie Me's". I have a feeling those kids are being pushed hard.
Having read interviews w/ the Smiths, it really seems like the kids, themselves, wanted to sing & act, etc. They are homeschoolers, so there's much more freedom in their schedule. From what I've seen, the kids are excited by what they're doing, it really doesn't seem like there's pushing. We don't know, of course, not privy to their personal lives - but they seem like a very happy family, very grounded.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:11 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,654,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
If you click on the link in the article that takes you to the original story in GQ magazine, he says he didn't make a dime which seems interesting....???

Not sure what that really means.

So what about Hilary Duff - she seems like one of those that is turning out sort of normal or maybe I've missed some sort of scandal.

It's sad this seems to happen to most of the child stars. Or maybe it seems like it does because you rarely hear about the ones that don't screw up their lives.
Why would he make a dime.
Presumably she is on a lower tax rate than him.

On a different topic, I think Miley has turned out pretty good. She sings well. Looks good. Talks well. I had a look at a couple of her clips on youtube last night. Line her up against the people on Judje Judy and see who comes out looking better.

I suspect just a tad of jeolousy here.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:53 PM

3,842 posts, read 9,240,900 times
http://celebtrashtalk.com/wp-content...-fair-june.jpg

Not jealous.

Annoyed that parents see $$ signs before the child.

I wouldn't want that life. Never have. My dh always says "I'd love to get you a bigger house". And I've always said, I don't want a bigger house, I just want a happy & healthy family. THAT is far more important than a nice kitchen (though, I'd be ok w/ a nice kitchen!)

She was 15 & had no parental supervision during this photo shot. That is wrong. Then the parents backpedal & say that they had no idea that she would be shown like that on the cover. Really? If you were there, you would have known. But they weren't. A 15yo is not an adult & needs her parents or someone to watch out for her best interests. The cover was way to sex'd up for a minor.

And Aixden, you've apparently never had to suffer through endless runs of the song "Party in the USA" The lyrics crack me up. It is somehow considered talent. Her show is on in the middle of the night here in the states & it is also quite painful to sit through. But, hey, it was a huge hit & she made millions.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:32 PM

24,469 posts, read 28,730,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
Why would he make a dime.
Presumably she is on a lower tax rate than him.

On a different topic, I think Miley has turned out pretty good. She sings well. Looks good. Talks well. I had a look at a couple of her clips on youtube last night. Line her up against the people on Judje Judy and see who comes out looking better.

I suspect just a tad of jeolousy here.
wasn't Bill Ray on the show himself?

Old 02-17-2011, 04:40 PM

9,056 posts, read 6,723,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
To be fair, though, you and finster have inside knowledge about the business. Most parents don't know just how horrible it is and would love for their kids to be in it.
Yeah but we're talking about Billy Ray Cyrus here - who is in the business and is perfectly well aware of it's pitfalls.

What I find the most disturbing, is that he's now giving interviews in the press where he's lamenting the demise (as he sees it) of his child.

If he was worried about her more than the publicity, he'd be dealing with this in private and keeping the press out of it. She must be mortified. I actually don't think she's doing that badly, it's him that's the worry. He allowed her to grow up in the limelight and now he's embarrassing her on top of it. He needs to **** and deal with his family without making a spectacle of them while doing it.

ETA: I guess that acronym is not allowed. Suffice to say, I meant keep quiet.

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 02-17-2011 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 02-17-2011, 04:44 PM

21,134 posts, read 22,107,592 times
Quote:
What I find the most disturbing, is that he's now giving interviews in the press where he's lamenting the demise (as he sees it) of his child
Shades of Michael Lohan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting