U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:48 PM

12,542 posts, read 17,744,769 times

Advertisements

Hot Mama official site: women

agree!

and the founder of this store is building a business on the crazy concept that women don't want to wear "mom jeans".

as some of the others said...time and place for everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 12:59 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,794,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
Hot Mama official site: women

agree!

and the founder of this store is building a business on the crazy concept that women don't want to wear "mom jeans".

as some of the others said...time and place for everything.
Wow...some nice stuff there

Old 02-25-2011, 02:01 PM

852 posts, read 1,136,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I guess the whole "no judging others" thing only goes one direction? Interesting.

Personally, I think comfortable shoes are underrated. Having a family history of foot problems, as well as an extremely "challenging" foot to even find shoes for, I'm just happy when I find something I can wear. But, I guess that could make me "frumpy" or unfashionable...
Flats make me feel frumpy, but I never said that other people look frumpy in them. There are plenty of stylish flats out there. Ugg and Ugg-style boots and very popular, comfortable, fashionable, and I don't wear them because they're flat. Not a judgment just a preference. I don't think it's more womanly to wear heels. I just like them better, and believe me, my friends tease me incessantly about wearing heels to places like the grocery store.

But Christmas sweaters, yeah, I'm not going to lie, I mock them. I know it's wrong, but I do.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:29 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,530,649 times
Quote:
I guess the whole "no judging others" thing only goes one direction? Interesting.

Personally, I think comfortable shoes are underrated. Having a family history of foot problems, as well as an extremely "challenging" foot to even find shoes for, I'm just happy when I find something I can wear. But, I guess that could make me "frumpy" or unfashionable...
Just showing both sides. You see women dressing "not their age" we see "why do they look frumpy?" Different strokes for different folks. One group is not superior to the other, just different.

Except the felt reindeer bedazzled sweaters.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 22,130,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Just showing both sides. You see women dressing "not their age" we see "why do they look frumpy?" Different strokes for different folks. One group is not superior to the other, just different.

Except the felt reindeer bedazzled sweaters.
No....I don't think I addressed anyone dressing "not their age". I was simply making an observation. People were calling out "haters" on one end and saying people shouldn't make judgements on appearance, then going on to mock the other extreme. Why are some "haters" and some not? Why is one kind of judgement less offensive than the other? I just found it interesting.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:41 PM

32,538 posts, read 29,356,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
Flats make me feel frumpy, but I never said that other people look frumpy in them. There are plenty of stylish flats out there. Ugg and Ugg-style boots and very popular, comfortable, fashionable, and I don't wear them because they're flat. Not a judgment just a preference. I don't think it's more womanly to wear heels. I just like them better, and believe me, my friends tease me incessantly about wearing heels to places like the grocery store.

But Christmas sweaters, yeah, I'm not going to lie, I mock them. I know it's wrong, but I do.
You know, of course, that the women wearing the Christmas sweaters are mocking you for wearing heels to the grocery store.

It all evens out, lucygirl.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:43 PM

I must have missed the "haters" posts because it seemed to me that most people were talking about their own preferences in pretty reasonable ways.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You know, of course, that the women wearing the Christmas sweaters are mocking you for wearing heels to the grocery store.

Hahaha! That's exactly what I would expect! And they're free to! And if someone who likes Christmas sweaters wants to say to me, "kiss my __, Lucy, I like my snowman sweater," I say more power to her!

Old 02-25-2011, 02:50 PM

9,056 posts, read 6,730,338 times
Quote:
Hahaha! That's exactly what I would expect! And they're free to! And if someone who likes Christmas sweaters wants to say to me, "kiss my __, Lucy, I like my snowman sweater," I say more power to her!
That would be my MIL.

(Who is fabulous. And has every right to wear Holiday (and Halloween, and Valentine's and Easter....) sweaters).

Old 02-25-2011, 02:56 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,530,649 times
Quote:
No....I don't think I addressed anyone dressing "not their age". I was simply making an observation. People were calling out "haters" on one end and saying people shouldn't make judgements on appearance, then going on to mock the other extreme. Why are some "haters" and some not? Why is one kind of judgement less offensive than the other? I just found it interesting.
I didn't say one was. :shrug:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

As they should be and are free too

Quote:
Exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or