U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 03:08 PM

85,012 posts, read 98,863,560 times

Advertisements

^^I think that shows there's a lower limit to the age of menarche, below which it can't go. I'm not talking about rare individuals; I'm talking about young woman as a group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 PM

2,159 posts, read 3,736,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
If my husband engaged in that level of disrespect, yes, I would divorce him. I was raised that bodily functions are private matters, and I do think it's gross and tacky to discuss them in public forums.

And we laugh plenty in our household, but we aim a little higher in our humor.
We are all grown adults- and well, most grown women bleed once a month up until menopause. Every man knows it. No big deal

Mikey likes- you and the wife should totally write a husband's survival guide. May I suggest one that doubles has a recorder in it so the wives can record honey do lists and reminders about putting toilet seat down, putting dirty clothes IN the laundry basket and that "so, do ya, wanna.. ya know" while raising one eye brow does not constitute foreplay

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2011, 08:38 AM

4,264 posts, read 7,935,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinerose View Post
I found this all rather amusing... my Dad had to deal with a wife and two daughter's that all had the same cycle (he spent a lot of time out in the shop pretending to work on the car ). Later, my SIL had 3 girls and we watched my BIL go through all the emotional puberty issues with his daughter's. I giggled over this all when my son was born. I found out years later that it isn't only girls who have emotional storms when they're in puberty ... the only difference I see is the lack of having to buy feminine hygiene products.
I was waiting for someone to bring up the fact that girls are not the only ones who have emotional storms in puberty.

My oldest is my girl, followed by 4 boys. I remember thinking when I got her thru puberty that "whew made it through this and I am done." Boy was I wrong, somedays I think my boys are way more emotional then my girl was. Like you said the only difference is no need for feminine hygiene products.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:20 AM

9,005 posts, read 16,144,131 times
For me it was all month... With my mom & 3 sister it never ended.....

Old 02-26-2011, 09:40 AM

60 posts, read 39,445 times
You guys, I think its great how some many of you have dropped little pieces of your lives to show me how we (our children) are more alike than not. I showed my wife this thread this moring and we both had a good laugh.
Thank you all, I'll continue to post things as they pop up! (I might have to block this site from her in 2.5 more weeks though! ya know, to save myself!)

Mike

Old 02-26-2011, 09:48 AM

18,856 posts, read 30,475,967 times
That is funny. The perspective of men...my daughter really guilt trips her Dad with her "time", and tells him how "sick" she is, and whines...and he LETS her get away with it! HA! She does not even say anything to me, because she knows it ain't gonna fly with Mama!

"Daddy, I am SO SICK, I really need to just have a raspberry smoothy from Juice Bar...",

Daddy..."Okay, little, precious, princess, Daddy will take you right now"...and then, for SOME reason, they end up stopping at Old Navy, "just to look" and the poor, little, sick, princess, comes home with $150.00 in new clothes...happens every month...

Old 02-26-2011, 02:51 PM

15,302 posts, read 16,854,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey likes View Post
You guys, I think its great how some many of you have dropped little pieces of your lives to show me how we (our children) are more alike than not. I showed my wife this thread this moring and we both had a good laugh.
Thank you all, I'll continue to post things as they pop up! (I might have to block this site from her in 2.5 more weeks though! ya know, to save myself!)

Mike
Just to get back to the syncing up of periods:

The Straight Dope: Do the menstrual cycles of women living together tend to synchronize?

Quote:
Synchronous menstruation has been observed among mothers, sisters, and daughters who live together, and sometimes among women who simply work together. McClintock tells of seven female lifeguards who started out one summer with widely scattered periods. Three months later they were all menstruating within four days of one another.

A study of 135 residents of a women's college dorm confirmed the effect. Most of the cycle shifting occurred within the first four months and was usually complete after seven months. Fortunately for the dorm's plumbing, the whole building didn't synchronize, just roommates and close friends. As often as not, the women were unaware of what had happened. Later research has suggested that synchrony is caused by some sort of scent cue, or pheromone.
And being around men apparently affects periods as well.

Quote:
Interestingly, men also have an effect on women's menstrual cycles — and not just because they make women pregnant. Women who associate with males frequently find that their periods become shorter and more regular. One woman told McClintock that she had a six-month cycle length until she began hanging out with guys, at which point her periods began occurring every 4.5 weeks. When she resumed her solitary ways, her cycle lengthened again. Another round of cotton pad experiments, this time using males as donors, confirmed this. Having sex with a man at least once a week will also do the trick.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:33 PM

19,022 posts, read 24,695,861 times
I thought I've read everything on C/D, but this tops it

I can die now.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 AM

25,393 posts, read 29,722,259 times
This is not unusual. Women who live together often sync. You have my sympathy but my husband has you beat. 15 and 13 year old daughters and a wife going through menopause!!!! So, just remember, it could be worse.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:33 AM

3,967 posts, read 5,677,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey likes View Post
I mean this to be a lighthearted (funny) thread;

Both the Miss and the Mrs have synced up for the past three months. I find I pay closer attention to the calendar these days then the two women do. Its two or three days before so we know this is the “pre” area and I lost more of the hair that is turning gray (wife says silver, but demands its silver around this time).
Last night I spent a good two hours at a nice Mexican restaurant telling my daughter that everyone doesn’t hate her and she isn’t getting fat while my wife was insisting the waitress passed our table four times without even stopping, on purpose . After they both gobbled down the cheesecake it was a tranquil 30 minutes so I had a bit of a reprieve. The drive home was very nice since all of us enjoyed the warmer air by rolling down the windows and opening the top. However, as soon as we stepped foot into the “stifling house” (abut 70 degrees) I would swear I could feel my hair loosening up.
My wife and I laugh about the “cycle” (for only two and a half weeks) because I explained to her that I am better prepared to handle it than she is. She has for most of her life been the one having the cycle not having to live with someone having a cycle. My daughter of ten (yes ten, it started when she was nine) doesn’t understand what is up or why she feels the need to cry. For several months I have gotten a phone call from my sweet wife asking me to come home and, “See what the hell is the matter you your daughter!”. She will soon laugh on the phone when I say, “darling, in the kitchen on the top shelf there is some chocolate, would you give it to our daughter please.
I know we all have our funny moments in life!

Peace & Love!

Mike
I never get emotional during mine and don't understand people who do *shrugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or