U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 05:08 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,529,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
You see I live in the real world not in the clouds . Teenage brats have been known to kill people .
I would rather live in a world where a teenager yelling and playing basketball doesn't require gunfire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 09:37 PM

12,425 posts, read 14,553,508 times
You just might have to build that fence....you can say it's for the dogs...and then get a couple of them.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:30 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,342,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
This is very simple . Take a handgun class and then buy a gun and also install outside cameras so anything happens you have it on tape this covers you in case things go very bad . I wish you luck and hope things work out .

I'm thinking shotgun. Use the rubber bullets so you don't kill any of the kids. Hearing that shotgun rack a fresh round into the chamber will make them think twice about trespassing onto your property. Of course I would have at least three cameras (showing all angles) going to record this to cover yourself.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:11 AM

31 posts, read 52,236 times
Unfortunately, we have the same problem. We have neighbors who are using their 15 year old son to harass us, and it seems the police don't want to do anything about it.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:39 PM

436 posts, read 1,296,445 times
What about those motion activated sprinklers? If the kid comes into your yard it will spray him. If nothing else, it proves that he was in your yard when he goes home soaking wet.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:17 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,640,862 times
Directed towards the OP...

AFTER READING some of the posts you are alot more tolerant and better than I.

I feel bad for the situation since it seems that the poor grandparents have no control over these kids either...and due to the issue with the parents? Mother is in jail? No wonder the boy is angry and disrespectful...This is however no excuse for their behavior, there needs to be respect for others property period and end of story...this is a part of life!

You are within your right to put on a restraining order on the family in general since the boy is a minor....
And this can be explained to the family by the sherrif serving the order ( The ramifications should he continue to harass)

Good luck..

Old 06-19-2011, 06:42 AM

672 posts, read 1,737,537 times
When I read these kind of threads, I dream about installing these: Scarecrow sprinker

Old 08-05-2011, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 398 times
I am going through such a similar situation. Degenerate teen next door who lives with his grandmother cause his mother lost custody, etc. etc. etc. I have personally watched him get arrested 3 times, after screaming matches with some other POS at the end of the block I have found knives on my lawn, and the latest installment is his ankle monitoring bracelet. He has no respect for anything. Now we have our daughter and I am terrified for her to ever be outside. I just never know what this kid is going to do. Today he just decided to walk into the middle of my front yard and stare at my house. I went out and, very nicely, so as not to disturb the beast, asked if he was ok and needed help, and he just said, "No, I was just looking over there," and walked away. I am just so sick and tired of not feeling safe in my own home. I am a stay at home mom now and I just never feel secure. I time my outings so that I know he won't be around when my house is empty and unguarded. It is just so unfair that my husband and I pay a hefty amount of money to own our own home, and some teenage punk can make me want to cut our losses and run.

I was just wondering what, if anything, has happened with the original situation.

Last edited by CantHandleIt; 08-05-2011 at 02:28 PM..

Old 08-05-2011, 02:44 PM

11,229 posts, read 9,228,214 times
I I were you, I would do the following

- Go over their house some time when the kid and grandparents are both home. Sit them down and express that you do not want him on your property ever. It is your property. Don't discuss and whys or wherefores. You don't. That is all they need to know. Inform them that if he chooses to come on your property, you will consider it trespass and phone the police.
- Phone the police each and every time he comes onto your property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting