Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:05 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
But the thing is, the "Feds" don't show up at your job if your child reported that you hit them, didn't give them lunch money, didn't buy them clothes. It doesn't work that way. The only way there may an on the job investigation is if you are a teacher or something similar and there are sexual misconduct allegations.
Then, that would indicate what some of us keep saying: there is a lot missing to this situation that Marylee is holding back, that could possibly result in a -completely- different set of opinions if we all knew the real deal.

Lying by omission is still lying.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:02 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
From my experience, it is almost impossible to get fired from a Federal position. In most cases, there is a lengthy process when they want to get rid of someone. Also, it is highly, highly, highly unusual for Child Welfare to come into someone's place of employment. It just doesn't happen. Something else is going on here. Some major piece of information is missing from this story. I am not trying to be mean, but after many years in the mental health/social services field, I know this isn't how things are done. The police do not come into a home with family members wrestling over a knife and not take someone away. I'm sorry. No way.

I have to add that I don't know the policy of the CIA, but even if that's the case, I find it highly unlikely that he could be fired without just cause.

I completely agree, I don't think any of us expect the OP to post her life story and give all the details but when there are things that just don't add up based on what we do know and what she has posted in the past, it then causes people to question her story or stories. That is why it is probably a bad idea to post a scenario like this on a forum and expect everyone to just embrace everything that is posted. Just from life experiences there are always 2 sides to every story. I would think if the police were called and they walked in and saw 2 people involved in a struggle over a knife and they simply walked away, they were in the wrong. Would it not be opening them up to a lawsuit if the kid went off on someone and stabbed them to death? They knew he had issues and did nothing. You are right, the whole story is not being told.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:13 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,097,668 times
Marylee.. You're not going to like hearing what I'm about to say but I just read most of your posts going back to a year. It's YOU that needs therapy.. and your family in learning to deal with you.
All your posts are the same... even the ones that aren't about kids and parenting end up being about how Marylee can't do this or that and how evil her kids are and how she doesn't love them.. doesn't even like them. Even the cat threads end up being all about marylee. You say many times in your posts that you don't love your kids. You call CPS just to teach them a lesson, and you've called on both of them. and then you wonder why they don't like you either? Is it any wonder that they don't respect you?
Reading your posts gave me a lot of insight into what your poor kids are going through. Having problems with them is nothing new. Last year your daughter was calling CPS on you saying you tried to drown her. Why? My heart breaks for your kids. They're crying out for help and they're not getting any. Children learn what they live. Look inside yourself. How can you change your behavior in order to help your kids?. Take some responsibility for your actions for once.

Last edited by Lauriedeee; 03-05-2011 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-05-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I have to add that I don't know the policy of the CIA, but even if that's the case, I find it highly unlikely that he could be fired without just cause.
I just read in one of her threads that DH worked for the county courts.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:22 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
Marylee.. You're not going to like hearing what I'm about to say but I just read most of your posts going back to a year. It's YOU that needs therapy.. and your family in learning to deal with you.
All your posts are the same... even the ones that aren't about kids and parenting end up being about how Marylee can't do this or that and how evil her kids are and how she doesn't love them.. doesn't even like them. Even the cat threads end up being all about marylee. You say many times in your posts that you don't love your kids. You call CPS just to teach them a lesson, and you've called on both of them. and then you wonder why they don't like you either? Is it any wonder that they don't respect you?
Reading your posts gave me a lot of insight into what your poor kids are going through. Having problems with them is nothing new. Last year your daughter was calling CPS on you saying you tried to drown her. Why? My heart breaks for your kids. They're crying out for help and they're not getting any. Children learn what they live. Look inside yourself. How can you change your behavior in order to help your kids?. Take some responsibility for your actions for once.
Did you read her posts under her old hat? There are some really troubling ones there.

Marlee, you mentioned your son was 14 back in 2009. Do you have more than one son?

Old 03-05-2011, 01:38 PM

No I didn't read the posts under her other name. Kahskye... but I did read one where she said her DS was living with her DH and I also read one of her threads that said she was living alone with her cats.. so I don't know what's going on with her, maybe the kids were removed, maybe she does have more than one son.. or maybe she's got more than one husband. Who knows.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
she also had one time or another injured her toe, her hip and pelvis. numerous surguries. i wonder if these injuries were caused by her son?

Old 03-05-2011, 02:14 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times
Quote:
she also had one time or another injured her toe, her hip and pelvis. numerous surguries. i wonder if these injuries were caused by her son?
I think she injured her pelvis by stepping over a cat. Her son did cause a few injuries. Under her old hat, she called 911 on him and he spent the night in jail. I think that's why he's on probation.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Oh, for pity sake, you people are pathetic.

first, I never said my dh worked as a county employee, or a judge.

also, the CIA doesn't investigate CPS cases, that's all done by state agencies.

No, I never said I bought a 4000 sq ft house.

I never said my dd called CPS and said I tried to drown her.

DH and I lived apart temporarily for awhile last year while in the process of moving ,not because the kids were 'taken away" from me, actually, the kids lived with me during the move process.

Look, you try to pick apart my every post, trying to find discrepencies, etc, for what purpose? As I stated in the first post of this thread, I don't choose to disclose every detail of my life, just the issue concerning me at the time---my ds loves to run off, and attacks me and the rest of the family with knifes. and yes, the police did respond to a call, found dh struggling to get a knife away from ds, and yes, left after breaking up the fight they didn't just walk away with the fight in progress. But I do find it frustrating they simply allow the kid to do anyting he pleases with no consequences to him except talk. WTH is probation for, anyways?

We are at our wits ends trying to deal with an abusive kid. I did post on this board partly to vent, and partly to find some advice. I have found some friends who have some advice that is helpful, and we're pursuing it. But for the rest of you, may I recommend novels by Anne Perry? she writes whodonit mysteries, go try to second guess her. Really, my life isn't that involved or interesting, except perhaps for some dullards out there who have been trying to speculate on my life.

Oh, another piece of the puzzle you can't seem to figure out---how did we survive while on unemployment 3 years? My dh did contract work, I did PT work, we ate into our savings, etc. The usual way people survive, no big mystery.

Last edited by MaryleeII; 03-05-2011 at 11:04 PM..

Old 03-05-2011, 11:02 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I think she injured her pelvis by stepping over a cat. Her son did cause a few injuries. Under her old hat, she called 911 on him and he spent the night in jail. I think that's why he's on probation.

Those weren't "injuries" they were joint destruction caused from rheumatoid arthritis, except for the back injury sustained when I tripped while looking for my cat one night, mis stepped. The toe surgery was an implant, to correct a deformity created by the RA. I was responding to a thread someone else started about how toe implants work out, I wanted to share my experience with that poster, why you bothered to go back that far and look up that is beyond me. Why don't you look up all about my psoraisis while you're at it? I'm sure there's some sinister implications there, too.

Sorry, folks, like I said before, I'm not divulging all my business on an open forum. Just enough to discuss the topic at hand. what type of house we buy and how many cats I trip over hardly has any bearing on the topic.

If you have something to offer, please do----and thanks to the many who have done just that. Parenting is a job, like any other job, needs mentors. For those of you lucky enough to have family, close relatives, etc, well you have someone to discuss your family issues with, compare notes, gain insight, advice, etc. However, there are many people like me with few family members or close friends to confide in. I guess I was just seeking some friendship here, some advice, some "mentoring". Isn't that what the rest of you are here for, in essence? You're not here to improve your typing speed!

Today's society is very mobile, people don't form relationships, bonds, etc, like they used to. My mother had friends, neighbors, relatives, right outside her door. She had someone to turn to for advice, companionship, and just simple validation of the fact she was human. Unfortunately, I don't live like my mother or those of her generation. Many people turn to the Internet for some sort of friendship.

But the Internet has a characteristic of annonymity, which can be helpful or hurtful. But I guess this "society" is really not that much different than my mother's generation. People love to gossip, make up stories, inferences about people, just to give themselves something to talk about, and perhaps make themselves somehow important. Really, I can't imagine anything more pathetic than mining someone's posts to find some "dirt" on them, what do you plan to do with it, anyways? If that's your entertainment, well..........

Did it ever occur to any of you that I deliberately leave out some details because they could be identifying, and you never know what type of weirdo is lurking on public forums? The fact that some things don't "add up" might be because I chose not to divulge them. I said that in my first post on this thread. I was simply seeking advice from other parents on an issue, not looking to display my whole life story for others entertainment.

There again, thanks to the new friends I've found and their helpful insight and advice, for the rest of you, go read Anne Perry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting