Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 10:09 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
we have top rated schools too, but it is apparently not good enough for a lot of people. We have a lot of kids in charter schools, open enrolling in other neighborhood schools, and don't get me started on the voucher program they just approved.
Schools are such a mess. I'm very glad I don't have that particular worry any more.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:21 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,968,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
LOL What you don't know about the weather in AZ, txt, could fill the Grand Canyon. You were here in May when the average temp was 96. (I checked.) BIG difference between 96 and 118. And when it's 118 it cools down to 98 at night. Not 78. Plus I suspect you were only in the nice areas like parts of Scottsdale. When you're down with the homies and the vatos in South Phoenix and it's been up over 110 for two months straight and everyone is insane from the heat, then we'll talk.

But it's nice to have a dream. How's the academy application coming?

Morning all.
Then I was definitely not there in May, it had to of been late June.
I was definitely well over 100 one of those days and was maybe 91 that first night we were there....I remember rolling down my window and yelling OMG ITS SOOOO WARM OUT, it was like 8pm or so. I was the happiest person alive.

I've been down in Chandler too. I was in chandler for explorers.
But we drove all over Phoenix, we hit Glendale, Scottsdale, Chandler and a bunch of other places. We even went to the sketchy part on accident.

But I full on plan to live in a nice area of Scottsdale and then police in the sketchy areas.

And as for police academy I will post later when I can go into it.
Right now I have to finish getting ready and I have to take my friend to look at cars today because she said that she MUST buy one today because her roommate just lost his car because he got a DUI and its STILL in impound and he hasn't had his court date yet and will most likely lose his license. She's rushing it but I can't tell her that because she gets pissed. And last night she told me that if she cant get a car today then she doesn't have time this weekend or next week because she has work and she'll just keep relying on me and will let me know when her friend needs rides too....I feel like telling her people in hell want ice water.
She's being very demanding lately and acting like such a user. I feel like her ******.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:34 AM

13,408 posts, read 9,940,077 times
Thanks you guys, for the good luck wishes.

LOL @ metal picture of MissFR in an air conditioned spacesuit.

Hey coop - have you tried the grocery list apps? You can even get coupons that they scan with your phone. Mucho fun.

Oooh, I made the most delicious ice cream yesterday - with blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries. DEE licous. MMMmm mmm.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:45 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hey coop - have you tried the grocery list apps? You can even get coupons that they scan with your phone. Mucho fun.
I need to go look for that. That does sound like fun. Anything to make the experience better. Don't know why I hate it so much.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Don't know why I hate it so much.
I hate it too. With a passion. There's one small chain here that's very upscale. Very small stores with gourmet everything. If I ever hit the lotto it's where I'll be shopping. Until then it's standing in the middle of the snack aisle, looking at my coupons, wondering who the heck pays $4.68 for a bag of potato chips.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Okay - all my huge flower pots in the back yard are done. It was fun doing the first two. After that, I was wondering why I thought having so many seemed like a good idea....

Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,236 times
Count me in as another who hates grocery shopping. Actually, I hate shopping of any sort except for book shopping. One of the reasons I hate grocery shopping so much, though, is that I don't really know how to cook things. We do shop at mainly a more expensive store, but it has much better produce than Stater Bros. Stater Bros. really the only grocery store by us here in the barrio. Well, Target and Wal-Mart now have groceries, but their produce does not look good at all.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:00 PM

psr - have you looked at allrecipes.com? That's mainly how I organize my week of what I'm going to cook now and you can print out a shopping list from the recipes you've picked.

One of the best things about it though are the reviews. You can read what others have said about the recipe - any suggestions they have or changes they made. Invaluable. That's how I got so good at scones - I read how someone used the food processor to do the whole thing. Makes it a breeze. Never would have thought of it otherwise.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:03 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,236 times
Yeah, but it's so hard to wade through it. I just don't know where to start with looking for recipes. I do use the site, though. The main thing I have trouble with would be veggies. Cooking them in a healthy manner is important to me, but it's hard to figure out sometimes.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:48 PM

I got a call from DH a while ago. His car quit on him and he wanted me to come pick him up. Luckily (thank you, Lord) he was able to nurse it to the dealership because guess who forgot to renew the AAA membership for towing that expired last week?

(That would be me. Oops.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting