Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times

Advertisements

I did ok on the name the top wine producing countries also...only missed one LOL....(one that was both obvious and not)...I love quizzes and mental challenges like that. I have enjoyed using my Nook for crossword puzzles....

Old 05-18-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
My knowledge of local geography is excellent; I could draw you a picture of most cities and towns in the area and all the freeways connecting them. My knowledge of US geography is lacking, especially stuff on the east coast. At one point I learned it all in school but I never have to recall that info in real life so I'm super rusty.

My spelling is also terrible!

I'm the polar opposite. I am really bad at local geography - if it weren't for the mtns I'd never even be able to tell you which direction I'm facing. Never did get that knack....(except at very obvious times of the day...)And I'm typically a very good speller - just not when I'm in a hurry and typing while watching the clock tick down!

Old 05-18-2011, 10:12 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
I'm pretty good with geography---local, state and worldwide. US history is also a strength of mine.

I'm terrible with sports and entertainment trivia.

MM, a natural sense of direction is vital for getting around in Pittsburgh. There are no landmarks indicating NSEW and the streets aren't on a grid anywhere. It's all steep hills and valleys. If you're lost on a hill, make your way to a valley and you'll find a main road, but you still need a sense of direction to figure out which way to turn on the main road. Many transplants have a difficult time here because they're use to a grid street system or an ocean or mountains to give a directional clue.

Congrats on the wine quiz. I avoided that one because I thought it said "counties" not "countries." My reading comprehension drops when it gets late. LOL

Old 05-19-2011, 01:39 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
txtqueen---it's time to rethink your attachment to technology. Not having cell phone service is no reason to go back to living where you have no future.

zimbo -- I missed three only got 7/10 on the first one. I only got two of Will Hunting's brothers. I would have gotten more if I had put Y's at the end of many of them that I tried. Fun site! Thanks for sharing!
That's not the only reason.
I don't want to make a life here. Not even in the least bit.
And I got out once, and if I move back there's a good chance I will never escape this small town again.
Its not that great of a place, its not even a cute small town.

And i'm at a house where they go to bed early and I know no one here....I just want to be able to talk to my friends. I miss them and I want to be back with them, this summer is suppose to be fun.

If I really want a job, my friend has one for me back home.

Old 05-19-2011, 01:42 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
I've actually been reading and even writing(well typing) since i've been here.
I've been spending time with my grandmother and great grandmother but there comes a time where I just want to veg out, connect with my friends, call them or text them. It's lonely being here without friends to hang out with or talk to, just a little is all I ask for.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:47 AM

Good morning - I think it rained most of the night and is still overcast and chilly this morning. I think it is supposed to be a bit warmer over the weekend. I like cool and gloomy days so I'm fine with it. Plus it is pretty unusual for us to have all these consecutive days of this....it would be lovely to be able to curl up with a good book today. Unfortunately, that is not to be...

Dew - hope you're allergies are better today....

Old 05-19-2011, 08:33 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Good morning all!

It's 2011, don't you all think we'd have a more humane technique for checking out the mammaries by now? Barbaric I tell ya!

I'm sitting here eating the best cheese grits ever. One plus of living in the South is good grits.

Temperatures are slowly drifting back to normal, we have had some unseasonably cold days. High 80's today, then back to the 90's over the weekend. My swimmers have been very unhappy.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:37 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Morning!

Zimbo - I love grits as well. The one southern "thing" we keep around the house. Not much variety here - though. One brand is all there is to choose from, bottom shelf, small container.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Good morning all!

It's 2011, don't you all think we'd have a more humane technique for checking out the mammaries by now? Barbaric I tell ya!

I'm sitting here eating the best cheese grits ever. One plus of living in the South is good grits.

Temperatures are slowly drifting back to normal, we have had some unseasonably cold days. High 80's today, then back to the 90's over the weekend. My swimmers have been very unhappy.
Zimbo - if that was what they did to check for...say....testicular cancer...you can be sure, a new way would be discovered pdq..

Old 05-19-2011, 08:42 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Zimbo - I love grits as well. The one southern "thing" we keep around the house. Not much variety here - though. One brand is all there is to choose from, bottom shelf, small container.
I think they taste much better when someone else makes them! That's pretty much my philosophy with all food! No, I actually like cooking and baking, but grits and porridges are always lumpy when I make them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Zimbo - if that was what they did to check for...say....testicular cancer...you can be sure, a new way would be discovered pdq..
I know, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting