Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 03:49 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times

Advertisements

Hi All!

Hope all is well with you and yours! And you are all staying cool and out of the heat.

Something to make you all laugh a little:

Soooo a few weeks ago I was at a neighborhood function and chatting up other mommies. One mommy comes to me with her son and starts chatting to me about her son who is in his pram. He is about three years old and Toddler X smiles and tries to chat him up.

She starts telling me that her son is extremely violent and has been taking to biting other children to the point of hospitalization and stitches. She is working with a psychiatrist to see what his issue is... (That is not the funny point) I told her that I was sympathetic to her plight and was there any bullying or abuse from the people who take care of him. She said she didn't know but that he just wants to bite and told her he likes the way they taste....hmmm.

So her husband calls her over and she bids me farewell but before she leaves she tells me..."Would you like to schedule a playdate?" I choked on my lemonade and Toddler X goes to wave good bye and Chompers snaps his teeth together with an evil smile and says Bye Bye.

Mr. X was like I believe the neighbors are raising Hannibal Lector.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:08 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
oh my!

I do feel bad for parents of kids like this. I'm sure that mom would love to just have a normal play date.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
oh my!

I do feel bad for parents of kids like this. I'm sure that mom would love to just have a normal play date.
I felt bad but what made me chuckle is not what she said is what her son did! And trust me, you would not even KNOW he was like that! He is a really cute kid that could be in Ralph Lauren or Baby Gap Ads!

And before anyone assumes that I turned her down...I replied "We can schedule one when we are both free." I just thought that for a first impression its a bit much too put out there especially if your kid likes the taste of other kids.

Last edited by CD's Only Mrs. X; 06-07-2011 at 04:28 PM..

Old 06-07-2011, 04:44 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I felt bad but what made me chuckle is not what she said is what her son did! And trust me, you would not even KNOW he was like that! He is a really cute kid that could be in Ralph Lauren or Baby Gap Ads!

And before anyone assumes that I turned her down...I replied "We can schedule one when we are both free." I just thought that for a first impression its a bit much too put out there especially if your kid likes the taste of other kids.
I joke with DD all of the time that I am going to eat her nose/ear/cheek because she is "just so yummy" all of the time, but I think this kid is taking it a bit too far.

I think you handled the invitation well. I do feel sorry for the poor woman, but to ask you to put your child in the same room with someone who may get him hospitalized is just a bit too much.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
I just thought that for a first impression its a bit much too put out there especially if your kid likes the taste of other kids.
Funny - did she really think you'd be all over that play date!? That's just creepy! I'm picturing a baby with a Hanible Lecter mask on.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I joke with DD all of the time that I am going to eat her nose/ear/cheek because she is "just so yummy" all of the time, but I think this kid is taking it a bit too far.

I think you handled the invitation well. I do feel sorry for the poor woman, but to ask you to put your child in the same room with someone who may get him hospitalized is just a bit too much.
Thank you Num1baby. I really do feel sorry for her. I understand that some children bite as a form of expressing themselves in anger or wanting something, it is not right and it does happen. I hope he gets the help he needs. I know that by alienating him from other children is not going to help the matter and that is why I took her up on the invitation. Everything is to be supervised and that is why I said when we are both free.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Funny - did she really think you'd be all over that play date!? That's just creepy! I'm picturing a baby with a Hanible Lecter mask on.

JK, Mr. X and I have very dark sense of humour. If this playdate does ever happen he told me to be wary if they offer Favre beans with Toddler X's capri sun!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:36 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Hey guys - long couple of days and I'm all "off" on my schedule because I worked yesterday. Feels like it should be Wednesday but of course it's not. Hot out - supposed to cool off. Ready for that. Still haven't had time to make phonecalls regarding gettting the A/C fixed. Neither has DH....So so ready for a vacation.

Can I just mention I think some people really do enjoy being party to drama? I don't understand that. I hate drama.

Oh and meant to say "hi" to MrsX - haven't seen you in awhile....too busy with a future "Fine Young Cannibal" ? LOL at the fava beans....

Old 06-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hey guys - long couple of days and I'm all "off" on my schedule because I worked yesterday. Feels like it should be Wednesday but of course it's not. Hot out - supposed to cool off. Ready for that. Still haven't had time to make phonecalls regarding gettting the A/C fixed. Neither has DH....So so ready for a vacation.

Can I just mention I think some people really do enjoy being party to drama? I don't understand that. I hate drama.

Oh and meant to say "hi" to MrsX - haven't seen you in awhile....too busy with a future "Fine Young Cannibal" ? LOL at the fava beans....

Ahh Maciesmom! Good to hear from you. I have been busy mostly writing and trying to get my graphic designer to conjure up a hot guy for my book.

You need to get that ac sorted quick! It seems like it is going to be a sweltering summer.

A vacation sounds nice! Where would you love to go?

Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Ahh Maciesmom! Good to hear from you. I have been busy mostly writing and trying to get my graphic designer to conjure up a hot guy for my book.

You need to get that ac sorted quick! It seems like it is going to be a sweltering summer.

A vacation sounds nice! Where would you love to go?

Hopes is the one you need to talk to about "hot gods"

I know. Fortunately here in the upper altitudes, even if it's hot during the day, it generally cools off at night. If we open up the windows once the sun goes down and turn on the whole house fan then it's cool enough to sleep. In the morning we have to close all the windows and blinds to keep it from getting too hot during the day. It's survivable. If we had bad allergies that wouldn't work. A/C is more comfy but we can get by like this for awhile. We went for several years before we put A/C in the house and we were all home more then....

Vacation - we'll be heading back to the midwest in a couple weeks to visit both families. We'll have a memorial service for my grandmother who passed a few months ago. My family will be in from all over for that. We'll also be close enough to visit DH's family at the same time as his hometown in only a couple hours away. It will be a whirlwind of family activity so not too restful but it will be fun to see everyone (and bittersweet as well). Where would I "love" to go? Hmmmm...right now I have no idea. Anywhere I don't have to think about work or bills or anything else! LOL....

How goes the writing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting