Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times

Advertisements

You mean my "dream" place Zimbo....

I know what you mean though jk - we have a little seating area on our deck - a loveseat, coffee table, 2 chairs and 2 ottomans. Between the strong sun, wind and the occasional rain, we keep all that stuff covered unless we are using it. We've had it for3-4 years - if we didn't keep it covered the fabric would have completely deteriorated by now. It is kind of a pain and it's not nearly the level of luxury as the pics! A girl can dream though! We do have a small pond and a firepit area near the deck too though....

Julia - peonies are one of my faves! Mine are just starting to bloom now. I noticed it today. I should go out and tie them up....

Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
We have a little seating area near our pond with a fire pit and a swing, not nearly as nice as MM's place, but our large mosquito population also really enjoy it when we sit out there.
I do my part to keep mosquitoes well fed here too. They don't like me as much as DD though. If even one gets into our house, it finds her and feeds on her all night. When it gets to this part of the year, we have to put bug repellant on her before bed. Poor kid.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I do my part to keep mosquitoes well fed here too. They don't like me as much as DD though. If even one gets into our house, it finds her and feeds on her all night. When it gets to this part of the year, we have to put bug repellant on her before bed. Poor kid.

That is nice about this area - we don't have too many mosquitoes....a few but not too bad.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,850,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
That is nice about this area - we don't have too many mosquitoes....a few but not too bad.
I have been around them my entire life, so I am kind of used to them, but the bites do get annoying. I think the worst ones are on the feet either between the toes or on the arches of your feet. ARGH. Those are so annoying.

How many of you have relocated from your original area? I have lived in the same 10 mile radius my entire life. I have been out of the state twice though (both times for work), so that was exciting.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:11 PM

No "original area" for me num....military "brat" - I've lived all over. I probably consider my "home base" the midwest. It's where both my parents are from, where I went to college and where DH is from. Both kids were also born there. So, despite having lived all over my sensibilities and values are probably quite midwestern.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:19 PM

Julia - I have to say I LOL'd at the "bears" and "tourists"....

Old 06-08-2011, 06:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I have been around them my entire life, so I am kind of used to them, but the bites do get annoying. I think the worst ones are on the feet either between the toes or on the arches of your feet. ARGH. Those are so annoying.

How many of you have relocated from your original area? I have lived in the same 10 mile radius my entire life. I have been out of the state twice though (both times for work), so that was exciting.
I lived in the same town in Central California for 34 years. Born in the same hospital as my dad (my mom's family lived 1 hour away), went to the same HS as my dad, went to the local college (same as mom and dad), got a job, got married, had babies, all in the same place. We moved to Colorado right before my 34th birthday, and plan to stay.

That's how I ended up in this forum - looking for Colorado info.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:35 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I know what you mean though jk - we have a little seating area on our deck - a loveseat, coffee table, 2 chairs and 2 ottomans. Between the strong sun, wind and the occasional rain, we keep all that stuff covered unless we are using it. We've had it for3-4 years - if we didn't keep it covered the fabric would have completely deteriorated by now.
Kind of sounds like ours - and we keep it covered most of the time too!

num - where is the fantasy place you speak of - with beautiful sunshine and temps always in the 70's, no wind??? Oh, right - magazines! I'm sure there are people who do a big set up like that and the first rain think, "Crap!".

Those things are fun to dream about - especially the outdoor kitchen, which is so less maintenance and doable. I just need a bigger yard. Waiting on that lottery too.....

Old 06-08-2011, 06:36 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I lived in the same town in Central California for 34 years. Born in the same hospital as my dad (my mom's family lived 1 hour away), went to the same HS as my dad, went to the local college (same as mom and dad), got a job, got married, had babies, all in the same place. We moved to Colorado right before my 34th birthday, and plan to stay.

That's how I ended up in this forum - looking for Colorado info.
Wow - that must have been hard to leave. Glad you love Colorado though - it's hard not to love. It was our dream to be here and we luckily had the company pay for the move.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
The next dress shopping I'm doing here is to help Dew find a dress for her upcoming fancy afair!
Sorry to disappoint, but I''ll be wearing pants. Except for sun dresses and muu muus I gave up on dresses a long time ago. It's not until November, so you have a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.