Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 03:31 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,063 times

Advertisements

Dysons are really worth it? I choke vacuum cleaners, with 3 dogs and 4 kids! Will I see a significant reduction in animal hair with a Dyson? I probably need to go to someone's house that has one to try it out, eh? I have been eyeballing them for YEARS now, but have not coughed up the dough for one!

Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Dysons are really worth it? I choke vacuum cleaners, with 3 dogs and 4 kids! Will I see a significant reduction in animal hair with a Dyson? I probably need to go to someone's house that has one to try it out, eh? I have been eyeballing them for YEARS now, but have not coughed up the dough for one!
We just got our's yesterday and I'm already smacking myself in the head for not getting one earlier. I've had a LOT of vacuums over the years. DH brought a Kirby into the marriage as part of his dowry, , and it was the best vacuum I'd had. Until this one. This one is much better.

One of our cats has velcro hair. (He's got some Maine Coon in him.) This vacuum is sucking that up. Amazing. Bought it solely on the recommendation of the C-D Moms Who Rock.

Thank you ladies!!

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
What's funny is the email I got from Dyson said, "Do you have a friend or family member that keeps borrowing your Dyson?"!

They are worth the money in my opinion. I remember the first time we vacuumed with it. We had just vacuumed using the old machine, then used the Dyson. I remembered being totally grossed out at how much the Dyson picked up.....

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Get the Dyson guys! You won't regret it! I love Dysons! Haven't owned one myself but I have used them! They're great! I can't wait to buy one too!
No thanks. If I get a Dyson, then everything in our house would be clean and we might get injured on all of the hard surfaces suddenly exposed. Years of dust and dirt have built up to make our house soft and squishy. I am thinking of the safety of my family here.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,063 times
Is the cannister on it a good size? I have a HUGE wool rug in my family room, and with the lab's hair on it, I have to empty the cannister immediately after the rug vacuuming...that's just the area rug. I get tired of having to empty the cannister....it's hairy and fuzzy grossness.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:41 PM

Our carpet installers are here right now putting the carpet in upstairs. I really felt like I should apologize for that horrible carpet they pulled up...but was just too embarrassed!

Old 06-20-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Is the cannister on it a good size? I have a HUGE wool rug in my family room, and with the lab's hair on it, I have to empty the cannister immediately after the rug vacuuming...that's just the area rug. I get tired of having to empty the cannister....it's hairy and fuzzy grossness.
It's not massive, but it's so easy to empty....just push a button and shake.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:56 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times
Quote:
Yes, yes, and YES!! I seriously went through a vacuum a year with the 3 cats and 2 dogs - my Pet Dyson has lasted 4 years so far and still going strong. It really is kind of gross what it can pull out of the rug (and couches!!) You definitely need to clean it out every few months, but it's not time intensive, and ours still pulls up a ton of pet hair - I'd say a significant reduction, IMO.

Although I totally agree that it's a pricey purchase, I sold it to Mr. Ewag by saying we were spending that much in replacement vacuums anyway (which is true!)

I love that I'm not the only vacuum-obsessed/pet-obsessed C-D mom out there!

Old 06-20-2011, 04:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I really felt like I should apologize for that horrible carpet they pulled up...but was just too embarrassed!
I thought I was the only person who had those feelings.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Our carpet installers are here right now putting the carpet in upstairs. I really felt like I should apologize for that horrible carpet they pulled up...but was just too embarrassed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I thought I was the only person who had those feelings.
I'm worse! We tear it out ourselves before they come!

Cut it into three foot rolled sections and the garbage collectors take it.

I'd have a panic attack if someone pulled up my old carpet. I'm not exaggerating. I truly wouldn't be able to handle it.

It's so disgusting what's under it. Just seeing that makes me never want carpet again. But I have one room where it's so unlevel I have no choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting