Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 09:39 AM

13,980 posts, read 25,932,350 times

Advertisements

We are self-insured. The dental and vision coverage was just too high to add to the monthly premium. Our dentist suggested a discount plan called Vital Savings through Aetna. Aetna is huge, and most providers accept it. For $125.00/yr for the 4 of us, we get 50% off vision, dental and prescriptions. It is the best medical bargain ever!

Old 07-01-2011, 09:43 AM

13,980 posts, read 25,932,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Mattie!! I am very disappointed.
Hey, I never sent DIL any nasty emails. I was only on the receiving end! I could totally see the MOB sending that email to me though. I could picture those words coming out of her mouth as I was reading them.

Haven't heard from the couple, but they are back from their extended honeymoon. I guess this weekend will grant me some kind of clue as to what kind of relationship we can expect.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,147,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I pray my book becomes a best seller! So I can get a second car and hire a nanny!
Have you already got a publisher? Be sure you keep us up to date.

Morning all. Woke up grumpy. Today is "Tell it like it is day". The world better watch out. Or my coffee has to kick in. Whichever comes first.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:47 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,849,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Hey, I never sent DIL any nasty emails. I was only on the receiving end! I could totally see the MOB sending that email to me though. I could picture those words coming out of her mouth as I was reading them.

Haven't heard from the couple, but they are back from their extended honeymoon. I guess this weekend will grant me some kind of clue as to what kind of relationship we can expect.
I know. That's why I am teasing.

I am sure the happy couple is very busy getting settled into their new place and you will hear from them soon. I still remember everything that had to be done after the wedding and honeymoon were over. There is still a lot to be done.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:48 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,749,248 times
Quote:
We are self-insured. The dental and vision coverage was just too high to add to the monthly premium. Our dentist suggested a discount plan called Vital Savings through Aetna. Aetna is huge, and most providers accept it. For $125.00/yr for the 4 of us, we get 50% off vision, dental and prescriptions. It is the best medical bargain ever!
See that is why I wonder about full fledge insurance especially ones provided by employers.

Quote:

I wish you all the best with it all! I can only hope it works out. Speaking as a DIL, my mother in law and I had the worst relationship ever. Now when Toddler X was born, it helped put aside our differences and we have a better relationship than that with my mom. It took a long time for me to realize my part in all of it but once I did I knew that we are all just human and we all do crazy things for love.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Have you already got a publisher? Be sure you keep us up to date.

Morning all. Woke up grumpy. Today is "Tell it like it is day". The world better watch out. Or my coffee has to kick in. Whichever comes first.

I will keep you updated. I am currently working with a few people within the industry but I am nervous about it. They have seen several chapters and haven't committed nor declined to it but we will see. I am considering selfpublishing. I am in the final chapters and editing should begin in mid-July hopefully.

Tell it Dew..tell it like it is. Have you had any work published?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:00 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,553,701 times
Quote:
Our vision is tied in with our dental. It works out more expensive to use the vision than it does to go into Walmart, see their Optical doctor (whatever they are called) and buy through them. Mr. X did his vision one time through our vision plan and it cost him over $400 including one pair of glasses. Mine was about $60.00 for the exam or less and $37.00 for the glasses including lenses. They are better than my Pradas which I had gotten from Lenscrafters one year in England costing me over $1200.00. Never ever again and I wore those Pradas to the point of it needed that buffer you see on TV for car headlights.
Exactly. It costs less for me to pay out of pocket to have the eye exam and buy a pair of glasses at Costco than my co-pay at a provider. Insane.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:13 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,949,856 times
Quote:
I will keep you updated. I am currently working with a few people within the industry but I am nervous about it. They have seen several chapters and haven't committed nor declined to it but we will see. I am considering selfpublishing. I am in the final chapters and editing should begin in mid-July hopefully.

Tell it Dew..tell it like it is. Have you had any work published?
Have you thought about Amazon and just going digital at first? That's what my DH is considering once he finally gets a finished product.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,949,856 times
DS's last pelvis xray/exam is today, speaking of insurance and billing departments. I'm printing everything out from the insurance company and going in armed......

Old 07-01-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
DS's last pelvis xray/exam is today, speaking of insurance and billing departments. I'm printing everything out from the insurance company and going in armed......
Do what you got to do and go in armed! Most of the time no one knows what the heck they are doing.

I never ever ever ever ever in my life had so many problems with insurance until we moved to Texas. I never written so many letters and notes on who I spoke to regarding my benefits and premuims along with all the other bs that goes with it. I have a massive file for all of it and every year I have to dig out diaper boxes so I can file them away. UUUUGGHH!

Nowadays you have to be armed and prepared.

I too feel sorry for the people on the other end who are just trying to do their jobs but the laws are constantly changing, medical coding and billing procedures as well along with insurance companies willingness to pay out. It seems that they have found various loopholes so they don't have to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.