Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 04:23 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times

Advertisements

Good luck rkb....very frustrating.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hi girrrls.....

rkb, I'm sorry. That can be very difficult. It is very easy to get so caught up in your work that your life suffers. I hope he can find some balance. Hang in there.

I have a bit of catching up to do!

Thought I'd post a pic of MissFR enjoying the festivities yesterday. This is her absolute favorite thing to do in Philly....
cute! looks like fun!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:27 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I'll look into cozi. that sounds neat. I'm more of a paper and pen calendar person. I carry a small one in my purse so I can write things down when they come up. The fact that it is in my purse and not on the wall probably doesn't help.
I was too rkb - but, I have really embraced my phone - and I really didn't think I would. Now when I go to the grocery store, all my items are right there and I can mark them off. I really do like it. And I can add things to my DH's to do list! Love that too!

Anyway, that's where we keep our family calendar and so far, it's working great. We were at friends house Saturday night and were trying to coordinate our wine tasting thing we were going to do. He just got out his phone and added it to the calendar -

Old 07-05-2011, 04:34 PM

13,411 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Yes, she had a ball. She was in there for about an hour!

(And consequently, me too).

One time it was just me and her on a Monday, at a different fountain up the street, and the cops rousted us out. I think there would have been a riot had they tried that yesterday.

And she is very cute, even if I do say so myself.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM

we have a park nearby with play fountains. the kids love it. Be careful about letting her in regular non-play fountains. They are disinfected like the ones meant to be played in.

Our first summer here the kids played in the fountains a lot, and DS1 got diarrhea a lot. We found out later the health dept shut down the fountain because it wasn't meant to be played in. Yuck!

Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 PM

13,411 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
we have a park nearby with play fountains. the kids love it. Be careful about letting her in regular non-play fountains. They are disinfected like the ones meant to be played in.

Our first summer here the kids played in the fountains a lot, and DS1 got diarrhea a lot. We found out later the health dept shut down the fountain because it wasn't meant to be played in. Yuck!
Yeah, I hear ya. Tho I'm pretty sure this one is chlorinated, so many people get in it.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I was too rkb - but, I have really embraced my phone - and I really didn't think I would. Now when I go to the grocery store, all my items are right there and I can mark them off. I really do like it. And I can add things to my DH's to do list! Love that too!

Anyway, that's where we keep our family calendar and so far, it's working great. We were at friends house Saturday night and were trying to coordinate our wine tasting thing we were going to do. He just got out his phone and added it to the calendar -
thank you so much! We went to dinner w/o the kids and installed cozi on our phones. We'll see how it goes.

Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Quote:
thank you so much! We went to dinner w/o the kids and installed cozi on our phones. We'll see how it goes.
Good! I hope it works!

UGGHHHHHHH I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall. People don't get it. I have had enough....I think I am going to seek out a slice of double chocolate cake at my neighbor's house and eat to my hearts content. Don't worry my neighbor and I are good friends, she is on a diet and her mother bakes all this yummy stuff and brings it over. Horrible isn't it! So she gives it to me instead!

The weird thing is I don't like chocolate but yet I am craving it....chocolate cake......mmmmmmmmmmm

Old 07-05-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Good! I hope it works!

UGGHHHHHHH I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall. People don't get it. I have had enough....I think I am going to seek out a slice of double chocolate cake at my neighbor's house and eat to my hearts content. Don't worry my neighbor and I are good friends, she is on a diet and her mother bakes all this yummy stuff and brings it over. Horrible isn't it! So she gives it to me instead!

The weird thing is I don't like chocolate but yet I am craving it....chocolate cake......mmmmmmmmmmm
I craved things like peanut butter and McDonald's cheese burgers. Go have some cake!

Old 07-05-2011, 08:53 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,914,243 times
Hello! I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. We were up north at my sister's cottage on the lake for the past 5 days... felt soo nice to stretch out and get away from it all. I was a bit embarrassed when we went to the parade though. I had brought a case of bottled water since it was so hot out- and DS, the little entrepreneur, went back to the van and got a marker and wrote "1 dollar per bottle" on the package, thinking he'd make a few bucks. When I told him to scribble it out, he asked me if I had ever heard of the law of supply and demand! :O

But overall, it was a great mini vacation... much needed too. I'm putting off logging into my work e-mail for as long as possible...

Rkb- hang in there. It's so tough when work messes up family commitments.

MrsX- go eat some cake!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting