Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 04:28 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The itty bitty one I use as background music for select threads.
Ha- that cracked me up!

When I first moved over here to Parenting, I recall getting into a disagreement with a few of you re: the same poster - what you said then about this being a recurring pattern of complaints/inaction makes SOOOOOO much more sense several months later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
On another note - our dumb cat - the one who ran out of lives long ago, is convinced there is something on the wall and is precariously sitting on the skinny ledge on the second floor. He's seeing things. He really is a dingy cat.
Heehee - I have this great mental image of your cat staring intently at nothing
One of ours has a nightly psychotic break - full on running around, chasing things that exist only in his mind, yowling, the whole nine yards. Like clockwork, for about 30 minutes around 7 or 8. I think someone made him drop acid before we adopted him!

Mattie- So sorry to hear about your pup and your back

Old 07-06-2011, 04:31 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So I've had to go at him with the scissors, to get the matts out, and now he looks like he has a mohawk, with long hair down his spine and a bunch of thin spots on his body. I think he's quite embarrassed, but he's keeping a brave face.

Maybe he's just practicing his sullen alterna-teen face?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
When I first moved over here to Parenting, I recall getting into a disagreement with a few of you re: the same poster - what you said then about this being a recurring pattern of complaints/inaction makes SOOOOOO much more sense several months later.
Yeah, stick with us.

We can smell whining a mile away.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:33 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,541 times
Quote:
So I've had to go at him with the scissors, to get the matts out, and now he looks like he has a mohawk, with long hair down his spine and a bunch of thin spots on his body. I think he's quite embarrassed, but he's keeping a brave face.
lol! Okay - I have a worse one.

Sunday DH decided that Briget (our dog that is part collie, malamute, husky, who knows what else), needed to be trimmed - big time. He wanted to take it down so she wouldn't be so hot.

We do have a trimmer for dogs we got about a year ago, but never attempted anything quite like this.

Oh my you guys.... the trimmer couldn't take her fur. She has that under coat. It went from bad to worse. We ended up getting a more heavy duty trimmer Monday and he was going to try and fix the butcher job that happened Sunday. I mean - it really is a butcher job. Well, she was so stressed and freaking out from fireworks, we couldn't do anything. So he's going to rig something up in the garage over the weekend so he can make her stay standing up - like a harness of some sort that they use at REAL groomers (which is really where she needs to go at this point, but it's so far gone....). So she's like this until the weekend.

She looks like she has mange. I was embarrassed walking her today - like I needed to explain the chop job to everyone on the trail.

On the flip side, she must be much cooler.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
A real one or the itty bitty one that someone keeps needing?

Hope you feel better Mattie.
Quote:
The itty bitty one I use as background music for select threads.

Sorry Mattie! Take good care of yourself.

I've been gone all day. Looks like I have some catching up to do. I got 4 reps from a certain other thread earlier. Looks like I said what several people are thinking.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:37 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Oh dear. Our big cat has long hair, and he's been outside rolling in the weeds and what have you. Well now he has all these sticky little seeds stuck in his hair and has some glorious matts going on. I've tried brushing regularly - but did I mention he's a cat?

Are you available for hire? Consultations maybe? One of ours has some serious matts going on but if you even open the sissors drawer he hides under the bed.

Oh, something to report: Dysons work on haboob dust!!

Old 07-06-2011, 04:40 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post

Maybe he's just practicing his sullen alterna-teen face?
Waddaya mean, practicing? He perfected that one years ago.

Quote:
lol! Okay - I have a worse one.

Sunday DH decided that Briget (our dog that is part collie, malamute, husky, who knows what else), needed to be trimmed - big time. He wanted to take it down so she wouldn't be so hot.

We do have a trimmer for dogs we got about a year ago, but never attempted anything quite like this.

Oh my you guys.... the trimmer couldn't take her fur. She has that under coat. It went from bad to worse. We ended up getting a more heavy duty trimmer Monday and he was going to try and fix the butcher job that happened Sunday. I mean - it really is a butcher job. Well, she was so stressed and freaking out from fireworks, we couldn't do anything. So he's going to rig something up in the garage over the weekend so he can make her stay standing up - like a harness of some sort that they use at REAL groomers (which is really where she needs to go at this point, but it's so far gone....). So she's like this until the weekend.

She looks like she has mange. I was embarrassed walking her today - like I needed to explain the chop job to everyone on the trail.

On the flip side, she must be much cooler.
Ha! That's awful! Poor Bridget (and coop). That's way worse. Is she embarrassed too? And Mrcoop has to rig something up, to boot. That's hysterical.

MrFR and I have a long standing understanding that if he ever takes our dog to the groomer and lets them give him a haircut (again) he's getting a divorce. A divorce, I say!

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Are you available for hire? Consultations maybe? One of ours has some serious matts going on but if you even open the sissors drawer he hides under the bed.
The dog we had before Macie was like that with the nail clippers. I would have to get them when she wasn't looking, stick them in the back pocket of my jeans, then do something else for awhile before casually approaching her. At some point it required one person to hold her/sit on her and another one to clip nails. Macie isn't overly fond of nail clipping but she sees the clippers, she goes to the designated spot and lies down, with a very meek look on her face. When she's done though she runs to where the treats are kept and waits to be treated. Heavily.

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
We need an emoticon for that - where's Zim? She finds the best ones.
Just popping in. I'll have to catch up later, but I thought you may need these soon!

Old 07-06-2011, 04:41 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Just popping in. I'll have to catch up later, but I thought you may need these soon!

Perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting