Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
The cream puffs are really dangerous. You buy them by the tub. They are frozen cream puffs about 2" in diameter. They are good plain or used in chocolate fondue...I've heard....
I should spend more time in the freezer section. I'm always amazed to hear what's there.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:10 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
I need to get to Costco. Those cream puffs look yummy. Since our Costco is a bit of a drive we tend to not buy perishables there. (We hit Costco then other places in the area.) I need to seriously re-think this and make Costco the last stop.

One more good thing at Costco: Their hot dogs. (Something tells me I'm buying cream puffs and having a hot dog for lunch today.)

Morning all!

Old 07-26-2011, 09:18 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Since our Costco is a bit of a drive we tend to not buy perishables there.
Take a cooler - problem solved!

Morning everyone!

Old 07-26-2011, 09:43 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Take a cooler - problem solved!
We already do that.

I think we're gonna need a bigger cooler.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:30 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Good Morning All!

I can tell the end of summer break is near, the kids woke up this morning in fight mode. I had to farm one out ASAP. Time to ramp up the activity level for the sake of my mental health.

One thing about living through this recession, especially here where things are tough for lots of our friends, is seeing how people manage their money, or lack of it. It has been a real eye-opener for me.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:58 AM

13,420 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Morning everyone.

Farm one out...

I was not born with the money management gene. I really had to change my outlook on it after MissFR came along. Never having a job that gives a steady paycheck didn't help - for some reason I think that makes one more reckless, not less - there's something about not having it one minute and having lots the next that sets off the feast/famine mentality. There's a general artist viewpoint that being creative is what's important and money doesn't matter. Boy, you sure find out how wrong that is, eventually.

Plus, my mum never taught me anything about money at all. Not that it probably would have made much difference, but I'm going to instill skill that in MissFR. I've learned a lot of good tips on that from you fine people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew
I think we're gonna need a bigger cooler.
Thanks, I'm gonna need a bigger cloth to wipe my monitor off.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:18 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I was not born with the money management gene. I really had to change my outlook on it after MissFR came along. Never having a job that gives a steady paycheck didn't help - for some reason I think that makes one more reckless, not less - there's something about not having it one minute and having lots the next that sets off the feast/famine mentality. There's a general artist viewpoint that being creative is what's important and money doesn't matter. Boy, you sure find out how wrong that is, eventually.

Plus, my mum never taught me anything about money at all. Not that it probably would have made much difference, but I'm going to instill skill that in MissFR. I've learned a lot of good tips on that from you fine people.
I had no guidance from the parentals with regard to money either, that's always very dangerous. I learned by trial and many errors. I'm also determined to really instill fiscal responsibility in the offspring.

I really hate to judge people, I know I'm not walking in their shoes, but I'm amazed by the folks who claim their house is about to be foreclosed on, but they have maintained all their expensive grooming habits, eating out every night, and only got rid of 1 of the 2 nannies . Not kidding. I guess it comes down to their priorities are a tad different from mine.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:29 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Page 666 rawrwrwrwrwrwrwrw
Anyways......

There so CANNOT be more than one alpha female in a group, this is so not working.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:59 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,330 times
Hi all. I am back from my trip. Got in last night. Picked up the kid and the dog, got home around 11pm. Took care of some stuff around the house that had to be done (I hate coming home to realize you left some stuff out that makes the whole house stink). I only got about 2 hours of sleep before our flights home. I brought home a cold as a souvenier. Seattle colds are much better than FL colds.

Will let you all know about the trip after I read the 50+ pages I missed while I was gone. Hopefully I will update tonight after work and getting some more stuff done around the house.

I haven't slept for even 7 hours in weeks. I am so tired I feel drunk.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 PM

13,420 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Hey nummy - welcome back! I hope you had a fab trip, sorry you caught a cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.