Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2011, 02:02 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,099,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Yay!!! I am not the only one. Weeds grow so great. Why kill them off? I am embracing them as the only thing I won't kill with my black thumb. I am horrible with plants. I got bushes that were supposed to be almost impossible to kill. They were dead in under a week. I swear I can kill an artificial plant.
same here! We planted 3 bushes, 2 died, we replanted them, so that's a total of 5 bushes. Only one is still alive. I've seen these things all over here. Why they won't grow in my yard, I don't know. Day Lilies do well in our yard, so we have a ton of them.

Old 08-13-2011, 02:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,535,563 times
I survived the Glee movie. Now I wanna sing a Barbra Streisand song and fly my freak-flag!

Old 08-13-2011, 03:07 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,906,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I survived the Glee movie. Now I wanna sing a Barbra Streisand song and fly my freak-flag!
How was it? DD is going tonight... she is a HUGE Gleek

Old 08-13-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
How was it? DD is going tonight... she is a HUGE Gleek
I actually really liked it, those kids are supremely talented. There was way too much Artie, and not enough Curt IMO. How old is your DD? I thought the PG rating was interesting, and I think I am a fairly loosey-goosey parent. There are 3 fan stories that run through the movie, one a gay kid. I have always spoken to my kids about all forms of love so it wasn't a biggie for her, but I know some of the kids I took along have not been exposed to that. There is also one dance number that was very raunchy, DD kept covering her face and said she was embarassed watching it. Nothing too bad at all, but just unexpected in a PG movie.

I hope your daughter enjoys it!

Old 08-13-2011, 03:50 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,906,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I actually really liked it, those kids are supremely talented. There was way too much Artie, and not enough Curt IMO. How old is your DD? I thought the PG rating was interesting, and I think I am a fairly loosey-goosey parent. There are 3 fan stories that run through the movie, one a gay kid. I have always spoken to my kids about all forms of love so it wasn't a biggie for her, but I know some of the kids I took along have not been exposed to that. There is also one dance number that was very raunchy, DD kept covering her face and said she was embarassed watching it. Nothing too bad at all, but just unexpected in a PG movie.

I hope your daughter enjoys it!
She is 13, turning 14 in October- we all watch Glee together occasionally and there are a few 'mature' topics in the show as well that are good topics for discussion! But yes, everyone is really talented and it's one of the few shows my kids watch that I can actually stand. Glad to hear you liked it...

Old 08-13-2011, 04:00 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
I hate this "Bert and Ernie" controversy. Bert and Ernie are DOLLS, on Sesame Street, they are not gay guys who have a relationship. Appearently the gay rights/gay marriage bandwagon wants Bert to tie the knot with Ernie, and be married...since when are Sesame Street dolls gay? Can't they just be two guys who live together? This is really too much to put on pre-schoolers.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:37 PM

13,979 posts, read 25,889,429 times
LOL Jasper. I'm just glad Sesame Street is still around. I'm in a reminiscent mode this weekend. My youngest two boys left to return to college, and I told DH I wanted another baby. He is trying to process that, although he told me he was willing to try up to 3 X's a day, with rest breaks. (ovaries are out of business on my end though). My b'day is tomorrow, and all I want is to hear from the boys. I know DH will make sure of it if they forget.

We have a large hillside that needs to be planted. This year I bought wildflower seeds, and worked them into the soil. Then the rain stopped and crabgrass took over. I had to beg DH not to spray all of it, just in case we have a wet spring and the seed germinate. He mowed it instead, which almost killed him. He loves me!

Old 08-13-2011, 04:37 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,958,468 times
I'm glad you guys see NOTHING wrong with what went on last night.
But I am not popping in long for today, I'm going to grab some advil, food and gatorade and continue laying down. My temps 100.8 and I have a headache to go along with it.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I hate this "Bert and Ernie" controversy. Bert and Ernie are DOLLS, on Sesame Street, they are not gay guys who have a relationship. Appearently the gay rights/gay marriage bandwagon wants Bert to tie the knot with Ernie, and be married...since when are Sesame Street dolls gay? Can't they just be two guys who live together? This is really too much to put on pre-schoolers.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the "gay rights/gay marriage bandwagon", whatever that is. It has everything to do with one bloke who decided to set up an online petition on change.org. Anyone can set up a petition about anything, it most certainly does not mean anything. And it most certainly does not represent everyone who supports equal rights. And it has 8,500 supporters, big whoop. Non-story.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:21 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,099,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
LOL Jasper. I'm just glad Sesame Street is still around. I'm in a reminiscent mode this weekend. My youngest two boys left to return to college, and I told DH I wanted another baby. He is trying to process that, although he told me he was willing to try up to 3 X's a day, with rest breaks. (ovaries are out of business on my end though). My b'day is tomorrow, and all I want is to hear from the boys. I know DH will make sure of it if they forget.

We have a large hillside that needs to be planted. This year I bought wildflower seeds, and worked them into the soil. Then the rain stopped and crabgrass took over. I had to beg DH not to spray all of it, just in case we have a wet spring and the seed germinate. He mowed it instead, which almost killed him. He loves me!
How is the newly wed couple?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.