Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 06:36 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,901,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
We have the same issue. It's a tad embarrassing. Although she was a lot better today. So we actually accomplished something. Yay. Glad he did ok at the dentist, that's good. Hopefully he won't mind his own appointment.
Yay! Glad MissFR did well today, too! I hear you with the embarrassing part - I have to try really hard not to explain to the nurse he's screaming at to stop touching him that he's normally a very polite, mellow child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
That's a good question, and a hard one to answer. DS is pretty mellow by nature, that's probably some of it. I also think as this is a lifelong thing that he is going to have to deal with we have been pretty matter of fact about it. DD is much more emotional by nature, and is always looking for me to rescue her (which I think I have done ). DS is much more rational and doesn't seem to sweat the small stuff. Yeah, I think it's a combination of personality and experience.
Sure, the combo makes sense - I guess most things probably are. I was wondering because on of my girlfriend's kids has an auto-immune disorder, among other things, and the poor kid is perpetually in the hospital and is a super-trooper when it comes to docs even though he's kind of high-strung in general.

I get a kick out of seeing how differently sibs respond to things and how we as parents respond differently to the sibs as well - I am curious how it will play out with mine when we get there!

Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hey all...just got home. Went with DD to her dr. appt (4th one today but the only one I went to). Sigh... it would be really nice to have one full year without an issue of some kind. We maybe looking at surgery later this week. Poor kid - it is always something with her. She was tearing up walking out of the office. We went to Costco to cheer up..
sorry to hear that.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:18 PM

it looks like a thread from earlier today disappeared. That's probably for the best.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times
MM: Very sorry to hear that.

I hope it's nothing too serious. You've got a lot on your plate. Try and get your rest.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:46 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,937,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I hate peaches.

Carry on.
GASP! No honorary Southern belle designation for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hey Mattie - if you're looking for an excuse not to cook this week, the Dine Out For Kids is going on tonight through Thursday locally.

CIS of Marietta/Cobb County » Current Events

Haha!
Too late for tonight. We just got back from meeting friends in Dunwoody for dinner. But, I'm pretty sure my cooking days are mostly behind me. My neighbor wants me to go check out an Aldi market with her tomorrow. I'm going strictly as an observer. Unless I can pick up the ingredients for some pecan waffles, which I suddenly have a craving for.

MM sorry about your daughter.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:55 PM

quiet around here tonight. I'm going to bed early. I've had a headache and general yucky feeling all day. Hopefully a good night's sleep will fix it. G'nite all!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:12 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh no, Mr Bill! Thrown asunder by the peach lovers!!
Har har! If I hadn't already put up the peach syrup I was talked into making I would have taken a picture of Mr. Bill with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hey all...just got home. Went with DD to her dr. appt (4th one today but the only one I went to). Sigh... it would be really nice to have one full year without an issue of some kind. We maybe looking at surgery later this week. Poor kid - it is always something with her. She was tearing up walking out of the office. We went to Costco to cheer up..
So sorry mm. Tell her the cyber moms are thinking of her! How did your son do back at school today? Hope he didn't over do it.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:30 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
Thanks all. It's not serious - more painful and inconvenient. It's just always something with her. As soon as you think you've got things under control, another issue seems to arise. It just gets old -I can't imagine how frustrating it gets for her. Not sure when she last felt 100%. Probably been years, if ever. We should find out tomorrow if they can get her in. Otherwise it will need to wait maybe until Christmas break. Which means she'll have to deal with the pain a few more months but she'd have a better time for recovery. She's supposed to start school Monday and she'd have some restrictions for activities for several weeks. She has a full load of classes and 2 jobs. Neither situation is ideal.

DS did go to school today. Did fine but of course he's now stuck with the worst seats in every class. He came home, did his homework and fell asleep for a few hours.

Sorry for griping - just a little overwhelmed at the moment.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:08 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Good Morning All! How goes it?

So here's my back to school question. When I was wandering around the halls yesterday I noticed a few moms who, well, looked a lot different than they did in May. What is the appropriate etiquette for "enhancements/improvements/upgrades"?

1) You look great!
2) You look younger!
3) Great work!
4) Who's your surgeon?
5) Nice ****!
6) There's something different about you, can't quite put my finger on it!
7) I don't think we've met, I'm Zimbo!

Kudo's to them I guess, not sure I'd be spending on that in this economy. Whatever floats your boat!

MM -

Last edited by Zimbochick; 08-16-2011 at 06:27 AM..

Old 08-16-2011, 06:19 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,901,889 times
Zim - I think I'd go with "Nice ****!"

mm - So sorry to hear about DD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.