Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times

Advertisements

I never thought I had an accent...I've lived all over the place. When I went to college in Michigan however, my new friends thought I talked funny. My roommate used to ask me to say "apple" then just burst into laughter. According to her, I said "ah-pple"....Of course to me, it sounded like she said her short a in a very nasally fashion - can't figure out how to write it....To this day, I don't think I say "ah-pple" just a regular short a without the nasal thing...interesting stuff.

Doing our mega-birthday dinner tonight. 4 celebrations all wrapped into one. Surgery is scheduled for Thursday.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 PM

13,421 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
I'm envious. The only reaction to my accent is that people subtract ten IQ points when they hear it.
Well, at least they don't think you're from the Ukraine. (No offense to those actually from the Ukraine, I'm sure it's lovely. But it's not very close to Australia. Either geographically or otherwise.)

Is it the Ukraine or The Ukraine?

Old 08-16-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I never thought I had an accent...I've lived all over the place. When I went to college in Michigan however, my new friends thought I talked funny. My roommate used to ask me to say "apple" then just burst into laughter. According to her, I said "ah-pple"....Of course to me, it sounded like she said her short a in a very nasally fashion - can't figure out how to write it....To this day, I don't think I say "ah-pple" just a regular short a without the nasal thing...interesting stuff.

Doing our mega-birthday dinner tonight. 4 celebrations all wrapped into one. Surgery is scheduled for Thursday.
Oh dear. I'm sorry mm. How worrying for you. I hope the birthday celebration is smashing and takes all your minds off of it.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:17 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Thanks FR. The surgery itself is fairly routine but it's still surgery, and full anesthesia etc. It is outpatient so that is something. I feel very fortunate that I have a very flexible work atmosphere - and taking the time off on short notice isn't an issue. Hopefully, all will go well and DD will make a quick recovery. She'll just have to take it easy for a bit though.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Thanks FR. The surgery itself is fairly routine but it's still surgery, and full anesthesia etc. It is outpatient so that is something. I feel very fortunate that I have a very flexible work atmosphere - and taking the time off on short notice isn't an issue. Hopefully, all will go well and DD will make a quick recovery. She'll just have to take it easy for a bit though.
I hope so too. Poor kid. Big hugs to you.

Reminder - I know you're busy mm but COOP - early MasterChef finale tonight!

Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Reminder - I know you're busy mm but COOP - early MasterChef finale tonight!
I know! Getting ready to head downstairs. I'll admit....I watch Hell's Kitchen too.

I want to know - if you have NO CLUE how to make a pie with meringue no less, do they give them any guidance at all? I'm guessing not. Yikes.

mm - have a wonderful evening with your family!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:41 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
You're okay! There's a big difference between a childhood friend and a fellow student you've only know for a year.

In hindsight, I wish I had felt differently about implants when I was younger.

I imagine my life would have been much more interesting if I had had a large rack.
No, it would just get more difficult. You can find bras or shirts that fit right, especially if you have a small band and large cup. I swear, nothing at all fits. Plus, they definitely sag. I'm scared to think of how mine will look when I'm older.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
No, it would just get more difficult. You can find bras or shirts that fit right, especially if you have a small band and large cup. I swear, nothing at all fits. Plus, they definitely sag. I'm scared to think of how mine will look when I'm older.
this is about where I am, plus a lack of symmetry. Bra shopping is a nightmare for me.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:02 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
MM- happy birthday dinner night!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times
MM I hope you have a wonderful birthday! I wish you all the best on your surgery and will be thinking of you!

Nite nite ladies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting