Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 02:28 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thank you. Please donate my portion to the poor.
I'm poor. No seriously - when it comes to peach loaf or whatever, I'm destitute.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:09 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
DH left work around 1 - we were going to go have a "date" lunch. Well, DS was already home since he was able to get his schedule changed. He looked at us and said, "oh come on - can't you please do a +1?"

How can you resist that!?

So we all went over to Boulder and had lunch. It's a beautiful day - cooled down, a bit over cast - we sat up on a rooftop. The one thing we did forget about is it being crowded - lots of parents/people in town dropping their kids off at CU. It was very nice as it's been awhile since we've gone out to eat as a family without being out with other people.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Old 08-19-2011, 04:11 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
DH left work around 1 - we were going to go have a "date" lunch. Well, DS was already home since he was able to get his schedule changed. He looked at us and said, "oh come on - can't you please do a +1?"

How can you resist that!?

So we all went over to Boulder and had lunch. It's a beautiful day - cooled down, a bit over cast - we sat up on a rooftop. The one thing we did forget about is it being crowded - lots of parents/people in town dropping their kids off at CU. It was very nice as it's been awhile since we've gone out to eat as a family without being out with other people.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Aw, that is so sweet! So glad you had a good time!

PS I want to come with you and Zim when you feed AC appletinis to get that giggle going

Old 08-19-2011, 04:19 PM

I was reminded of one of my big pet peeves today: When other people assume they know how you do or should feel about something rather than listening to what you yourself have to say about it. When I left work, I started hanging out with people other than therapists for the first time in a long time, and I seriously feel like a stranger in a strange land sometimes.

Not earth shattering by any means, just something that irks me.

mm: Did I miss the update on how Miss mm is doing?? I hope she is feeling much better and is home!

Hope everyone had a happy Friday!

Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
that's really nice coop. I'm starting date night with a major headache. I should probably stay home and go to bed, but I'm going to power through. We already have a sitter and we already paid for tickets to a movie at a theater where they come wait on you at your seat.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
that's really nice coop. I'm starting date night with a major headache. I should probably stay home and go to bed, but I'm going to power through. We already have a sitter and we already paid for tickets to a movie at a theater where they come wait on you at your seat.
Oh, that sounds fun! Hope your head feels better soon.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM

I don't know about you all but every time I change the after school routine, it bites me in the a$$. I was at the school to volunteer so I told the kids not to get on the bus, that I would drive them home. I stood out on the playground where DS8 should have gone, and he didn't show up. The office called while I was heading inside to see if I could find him. He had gotten on the bus, then got off the bus and went out the wrong door, didn't see me, so he went to the office. So this saved no time, and caused some stress. It did, in the end, save $1.00 bus fee. I wonder if I should have just had him ride the bus. I would have no problem driving home and walking to the stop before he got there.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:53 PM

oh no! another haboob in Phoenix I hear.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:04 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I was reminded of one of my big pet peeves today: When other people assume they know how you do or should feel about something rather than listening to what you yourself have to say about it.
I TOTALLY understand! (Just spent an hour on the phone with my sister. Sigh.)

Haboob: Yes. We got hit again. I didn't realise how bad it was until I went outside at noon to get gas. We got the dust and rain. It looks like it rained mud. Another mess. Not even going to try and clean up as there is the chance for another the next two nights.

Kibbie: I hope you go and have a great time! What are you going to see?

Old 08-19-2011, 05:20 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Hi all - DD is home and sleeping. Thanks everyone. This last 2 weeks has just been crazy. I'm thinking of running away. Any suggestions?
The wine is open and flowing here.

Anywhere you get waited on sounds good to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting