Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 02:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,030,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What a fun way to start the day!

Urgghh! Just had to collect the first sick child from school. Not exactly the way I envisioned the school year starting.
That was fast! sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I hate to say that's good - but better than the alternative. Weird time of year for a cold - but I've heard of many people this year getting them.
DS got one the second week. It is what I have now. It has moved from my throat to my nose. It does seem strange to feel this way in August!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
lol! They could make a movie based on Dew's under the sink adventures. I want that cabinet!

The mental picture of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, squished under her sink by the disposal hugging a bottle of Jack is priceless.
Yes it is! So is Stephen Colbert emerging with an eagle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
More advice: No elevators. Put shoes on in case there's a bad aftershock and glass breaks. Sometimes the aftershock can be bigger than the original quake. Get out your emergency flashlights in case of A.Shock and power goes out tonight. If you have gas go outside and sniff around. If you smell gas.. Do not light a match. Turn off the gas connection to your house. DONT'T turn it off if you don't smell gas. Turn on your local news to determine how much damage there may be in your local area. Be safe. People tend to get nuts driving after a quake.
you must be from California

Old 08-23-2011, 02:14 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,629,704 times
Oops. I was wrong. Pittsburgh felt it. They're posting about it in the Pgh forum. I didn't feel a thing, probably because I was driving home from school at the time.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,507,053 times
DH just reminded me that I was complaining about the dog being antsy this morning. In the past she has alerted us to earthquakes. Some friends here said they felt it, I did not.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:17 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,827,718 times
Didn't feel a thing in Atlanta. I've been affected by tornadoes and hurricanes. I need to experience a little tremor.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,001,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
you must be from California
Ya think? Lol.

I hear quake and put on my MamaDuck hat and make sure all my ducklings are safe.

Sounds like things are OK. Good news. They are saying "rolling" more than "jolting". That's a good thing.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:20 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,891,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ewag - did we just have an earthquake???
Apparently! I was driving to Target and until I saw your post, I had no idea Philly had any tremors. Did you feel anything?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:21 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,629,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
DH just reminded me that I was complaining about the dog being antsy this morning. In the past she has alerted us to earthquakes. Some friends here said they felt it, I did not.
My old labrador was antsy this morning too. And he's usually not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Didn't feel a thing in Atlanta. I've been affected by tornadoes and hurricanes. I need to experience a little tremor.
I'm sure we could all use a little tremor now and then.

(Okay, I'm officially a pervert!)

Old 08-23-2011, 02:42 PM

13,291 posts, read 9,817,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Apparently! I was driving to Target and until I saw your post, I had no idea Philly had any tremors. Did you feel anything?
Yeah, MrFR was home early and we were chatting, and the windows in the dining room started rattling like a beeotch, and there was a definite rolling motion.

It took me a second to realize what was going on, because I didn't expect it at all, not here. I've been in a few in LA, and normally would be under the table, but my brain did not compute it until about half way through it.

Just as I was on my way up to get MissFR it stopped. I'm not surprised you didn't feel it in the car, but all my neighbors were out on their porches talking about it. They've never felt one until now.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:46 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,891,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yeah, MrFR was home early and we were chatting, and the windows in the dining room started rattling like a beeotch, and there was a definite rolling motion.

It took me a second to realize what was going on, because I didn't expect it at all, not here. I've been in a few in LA, and normally would be under the table, but my brain did not compute it until about half way through it.

Just as I was on my way up to get MissFR it stopped. I'm not surprised you didn't feel it in the car, but all my neighbors were out on their porches talking about it. They've never felt one until now.
Craziness! Glad to hear you guys are ok!

And thanks Dew for the mama duck earthquake tips!

Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,507,053 times
We were in a Costco once when a 6.8 hit. Not cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting