Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 11:24 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Roasting is a good word for how we're doing. If we break 110 on Friday we break the record for consecutive days over 110. Which is just not a record you really want to make, lol. Even the native Zonies are complaining and usually they're very macho about being able to take the heat.

I really feel for the people with outside jobs. We're blessed to have a good a/c on the house and in the cars. (The pay-off will be when it's 70 in December.)
Wow - that is just unfathomable to me! Now mind you, I'm so white that I'm almost translucent, so I don't do overly well in any kind of super sunny climes, but breaking records for consecutive days over 110 just doesn't sound fun no matter how you slice it! Seriously, how do people manage outdoor jobs in weather that extreme?? Although, the 70s in December do sound lovely.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:24 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Are you talking about their Flagship in Clearwater? I worked about a block from there when I was pregnant. It is crazy watching them on the streets. They actually look like they are brainwashed. Really creepy when you see them in large crowds and they are all like drones.
Yeah. At the time we used to share a favorite Chinese restaurant with the Travoltas. Then they moved to somewhere up around Ocala and we moved from Clearwater, and the restaurant closed. Not sure that it's connected. I don't think we ate that much Chinese.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:25 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Dew - that is just darned hot. I don't know how you all are doing it....same with TX and OK....

I know I'm crabby about our 95 deg days....for here that's hot but 110? No thanks....

I miss spending time outside....I just don't enjoy the heat all that much anyway though...

Old 08-31-2011, 11:26 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
This would be my pick. 1) I love cabins in the mountains 2) I live in "Golf Central" and it is incredibly expensive. I played golf years ago and thought I might take it up again once we move here. But there are no cheap municipal courses and the clubs cost major bucks. I didn't want to get hooked on something that expensive.

But, Hopes, I really think you should do something for yourself. You deserve it!
Yeah, I'm with Dew on this one.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:51 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,056 times
Oh man. You guys talk about P&OC too much. I just made the mistake of actually posting over there. How could you let me do that? I am blaming you guys.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Oh man. You guys talk about P&OC too much. I just made the mistake of actually posting over there. How could you let me do that? I am blaming you guys.
Haha - welcome to the club. You picked an entertaining thread to post on.

We'll all be lined up for slaps later, if you'd care to join us.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:57 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,851,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Haha - welcome to the club. You picked an entertaining thread to post on.

We'll all be lined up for slaps later, if you'd care to join us.
I read that with the completely wrong tone. The way I read that, it sounded like something I would have read in that thread.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
I read that with the completely wrong tone. The way I read that, it sounded like something I would have read in that thread.
Hahaha- oh no!! Not at all what I meant!!

Old 08-31-2011, 12:17 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
I am ridiculously exhausted today - DS was up super early, tantrummed his way through speech this morning, and is generally off routine with DH being out of town. Don't get me wrong - I am super grateful for DH's job (having one period in this economy and having one that he loves) and all of its benefits (including allowing me to stay home with the kiddo(s)), but I hate, hate, hate when he travels. I apparently have lost the big girl pants and am back in my cranky pants today.
Sorry you are feeling gloomy. DH travels most weeks too. Sometimes I barely notice he's gone, and other weeks I miss him immensely (and yet other weeks I wish he would go! ). It is tough when the kids get busier (and snarkier ). I don't know of many people who don't have to do some sort of travel, unless they own their own businesses, or work for small companies. It will be very interesting to see this group of kids and the effect it has on them.

Quote:
Zim - haha - yeah, I saw the outed Scientologist as well. I still need to respond to the latest attack on me, but haven't had the patience to do so in a way that won't get me banned!
He's a loon, don't waste the keystrokes!

Quote:
How's DS feeling?
Still home today with a high fever, poor bloke. I'm sure he'll be good as new tomorrow.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:49 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times
Quote:

I am coming very close to posting over there in a particular thread that I am surprised hasn't been locked yet.

Show restraint! Do not post or you will lose the last bit of sanity you have!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting