Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 05:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,154,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
That's very cool!
Forgot to say I hope your friends are OK.

People across the street (season tickets) just left for the game. Little guy had on his Fitz jersey. It's 109 at the stadium. How people tailgate in that I do not know.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:52 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
Have fun and keep on eye on Mr. Q for me (fanning self)...He may end up being our No. 2..but who knows..? Probably won't see much of Tebow tonight (just a guess since he played last game) Coach Fox is pretty tight lipped on who will be playing.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:46 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Have fun MM!

Old 09-01-2011, 06:53 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,968,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I know I'll regret this but I'm in no mood today: seriously, do you think the rest of us twiddle our thumbs all day? Trust me, I do more before breakfast than you report doing in a week.
Maybe your bad mood made you read that wrong.
In no way did I say you guys sit around and twiddle your thumbs all day.

All I was saying was this change of pace, 9am-6pm the past 3 days in a room, getting up at 6am, commuting to work now, its kicking my azz.
I don't have much time to watch tv, or do much of anything and all I want to do when I get home from work is go straight to bed or straight to the closest soft surface and fall onto into a coma.

And I give key highlights of my day, not all what I do in one day.
Trust me, I may not do everything you guys do in a day but with the job hunt, helping my friends out for money and now working, I don't twiddle my thumbs either....much less have time to even be aware I have thumbs.

I worked from 9-6 today was on a computer for like 4 hours finishing test and online training, I am the first in my group to be done, the first in the group to move on to my actual position and I was left all alone on a register today and did phenomenal.

But again I wasn't saying you sat around and twiddled your thumbs, I'm just saying I'm not either.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:25 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,951,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Well, I may as well claim the record for world's laziest mum right now. My kids made their own breakfasts and school lunches, ironed their own school uniforms and walked a mile-and-a-bit to the train station ... all before 7.30am. I, on the other hand, sat in bed drinking the cup of tea my daughter made me before she left.
It's so nice to hear from you! Now, my son made his own lunches since elementary school - I cannot think of the last time I made him a lunch. He's never been a breakfast person. I've given up on him eating in the morning. If he feels like it, he gets himself something. I just try and have things ready in case the mood hits him.

So if you are lazy, well I guess I am too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Have a GREAT time tonight MM.

I was just thinking about the poor kid named Huckelberry and hit the wrong button on the Dyson. Dumped a full canister of dirt/dust/yucky things all over the living room rug. Luckily I have a crevice tool!

mm - hope you had a nice evening!!!!

Dinner tonight was pasta and eggplant sticks (again). I'm officially tired of eggplant.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:26 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,901,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Maybe your bad mood made you read that wrong.
In no way did I say you guys sit around and twiddle your thumbs all day.

All I was saying was this change of pace, 9am-6pm the past 3 days in a room, getting up at 6am, commuting to work now, its kicking my azz.
I don't have much time to watch tv, or do much of anything and all I want to do when I get home from work is go straight to bed or straight to the closest soft surface and fall onto into a coma.

And I give key highlights of my day, not all what I do in one day.
Trust me, I may not do everything you guys do in a day but with the job hunt, helping my friends out for money and now working, I don't twiddle my thumbs either....much less have time to even be aware I have thumbs.

I worked from 9-6 today was on a computer for like 4 hours finishing test and online training, I am the first in my group to be done, the first in the group to move on to my actual position and I was left all alone on a register today and did phenomenal.

But again I wasn't saying you sat around and twiddled your thumbs, I'm just saying I'm not either.
That is quite possible re: the bolded. Hard to tell tone and such from postings. It sounded like those of us who haven't been able to avoid coverage (which is in every newspaper, news website, book store, etc, as well as on TV) were somehow watching TV a lot. Ah, I miss TV sometimes - things that don't involve PBS Kids or the Disney channel anyway! Thanks for clarifying.

I'm glad to hear you're done with training and did a great job on your register. Hopefully the new schedule will get easier as it becomes normal for you. The first few days are always an adjustment, right?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Ewag I will fix my settings...
Excellent! - sending request....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm cracking open a Throwback Pepsi. Just found out some friends made it through Irene OK. They've been without power all this time and only suffered (relatively) minor damage.
Awesome news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Well, I may as well claim the record for world's laziest mum right now. My kids made their own breakfasts and school lunches, ironed their own school uniforms and walked a mile-and-a-bit to the train station ... all before 7.30am. I, on the other hand, sat in bed drinking the cup of tea my daughter made me before she left.
Are you kidding?? I hope I'm doing a good enough job now that when mine get older they'll be so self-sufficient!! I say go you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I'm still awaiting news on one friend in NJ....
Ugh - sorry to hear that - hope you hear something soon.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 PM

Ok, so I'm in love with DS's school - I am so thoroughly impressed by his teachers, the curriculum, the facilities. The school is located on several acres with all of these fun outdoor toys, playgrounds and walking trails. It makes me wish I was able to go to preschool!

Hopefully he still loves it when we go visit his classroom tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Hope everyone has a good night!

Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,968,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
That is quite possible re: the bolded. Hard to tell tone and such from postings. It sounded like those of us who haven't been able to avoid coverage (which is in every newspaper, news website, book store, etc, as well as on TV) were somehow watching TV a lot. Ah, I miss TV sometimes - things that don't involve PBS Kids or the Disney channel anyway! Thanks for clarifying.

I'm glad to hear you're done with training and did a great job on your register. Hopefully the new schedule will get easier as it becomes normal for you. The first few days are always an adjustment, right?
I literally watch like zero TV.
I literally have ZERO time at all. I could be right now but I don't want to.
I probably will watch some when I go over to TG's but he has basic cable and its usually things like TBS or that one channel with all the shows like the motorcycle show, man vs wild, that channel.

The ONLY thing I have seen on 9/11 was an infomercial for those special coins.

I am actually really glad to avoid it.
I was 12 when it happened and it still pisses me off.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:54 AM

13,407 posts, read 9,940,077 times
Morning all!

I'm so pleased for you, Ewag. That sounds awesome. The schools in the Philly suburbs are certainly impressive. We regularly go past an elementary school that looks like a college campus. I have twinges of wanting to move there, but I really need the walkable neighborhood so I don't end up hermitizing myself. I hope LittleSirEwag has a fantastic time.

Psst coop - did you see there's an Angry Birds Seasons update?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.