Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,032,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Good morning all!

Happy Birthday MM! Wishing you all the best on your birthday and the year to come.

Hopes now you have me curious. We are all here if you wish to share.

RK is it a good thing for a 3 hour delay? Are you looking forward to their arrival?
Sort of dreading it. The kids are really excited though.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:43 AM

13,289 posts, read 9,818,577 times
Happy Birthday mm!!

kibbie, sorry about your inlaws. I know exactly how you feel.

Zim - OMG, that's awful. Illegal Beagle?? WTF???

MrsX - no comment on my lengthy EastEnders update, eh?

Dew - you had yet another haboob? Seriously, that's just too many haboobs for one person.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:54 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,004,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Dew - you had yet another haboob? Seriously, that's just too many haboobs for one person.
I totally agree. The ladies in the Foundation department at Penny's can't do a thing with us.

OK: I'm walking away from one of the threads. It's not even 9am here and I'm already yelling at my computer. Not good.

Think I'll gather up my courage and go see what the Haboob left us. It's overcast which means hot and muggy. Yech.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:56 AM

13,289 posts, read 9,818,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I totally agree. The ladies in the Foundation department at Penny's can't do a thing with us.
I definitely could use some help in the Foundation department myself, these days.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,891,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I'm so pleased for you, Ewag. That sounds awesome. The schools in the Philly suburbs are certainly impressive. We regularly go past an elementary school that looks like a college campus. I have twinges of wanting to move there, but I really need the walkable neighborhood so I don't end up hermitizing myself. I hope LittleSirEwag has a fantastic time.
Ha - my colleges didn't even look like college campuses! But I know what you mean. I can also completely understand wanting to avoid the suburban sprawl. We're both lucky - PA overall has a really good school system. Are you in the Philly SD? I hear they have some amazing charter schools, though I'm less familiar than with the ones in Montco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
That makes me want to go back to preschool too! That sounds wonderful.
Thanks, guys! LSE did AWESOME today meeting his teachers and classmates! We had a really rough morning but as soon as we arrived at school he lit up like a Christmas tree and immediately started playing with the other kids. It's on an old farm, with a barn and such which was a big hit ("Mommy, Old MacDonald's farm??" - said with the level of excitement only a 3 year old can muster!). He was very upset when we had to leave - "Please, Mommy, more school?" It was cute - hoping that he does as well (though he'll probably do better) when I start dropping him off next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
He doesn't really get it as he doesn't see anything wrong with being Mexican, so he's just indignant that the kid won't believe his authentic heritage. He has friends of Mexican descent, and from all over really, and just thinks the kid is stupid for not understanding geography better. Ah, the innocence of youth!
Zim, I love your son. Sorry the twerp is being twerpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Hubby woke me up and took me out to the breakfast buffet. Awesome. I always love going out to breakfast!

We have to clean the house for a funeral tomorrow on the off chance someone might want to stop by since our house is just down the road.

Another bad day at school with the children yesterday. You wouldn't believe what happened if I told you. All I can say is that age descrimination truly exists. It was terrible.

I'm just getting into my zen place. I'll be damned if I'm going to let a little snot ruin my day. Life is too short.
Yay, breakfast buffet, and boo funeral. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry you have a twerp at school to deal with, too. Want me to come kick him or her for you? I might be 8 months pregnant but I still have my steel-toed boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Sort of dreading it. The kids are really excited though.
Good luck with the in-laws, Kibbie - I feel your pain! But on a high note, at least your house is awesomely clean, right?

Num: That is hysterical!!

mm: Happy Birthday!!

Dew: Sorry about the haboob - is haboob season almost over??

Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,343,998 times
LOL - a million years ago, when I first started working at Marshall Field's...I had someone come up and ask me where Foundations was....I sent them to the cosmetic dept....LOL....I was gently corrected...

Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
LOL - a million years ago, when I first started working at Marshall Field's...I had someone come up and ask me where Foundations was....I sent them to the cosmetic dept....LOL....I was gently corrected...
That made me laugh. Needed it. Thanks.

Yes, Monsoon Season is almost over so we are nearing the end of our Haboobs. This has been a particularly active year. Even the natives are surprised.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:08 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,926,945 times
Well, for all suffering in the heat - I wish we could send your way the front we got last night.....

It's 10am and only 65 degrees. I'm off to walk the dog. We both need it!

Old 09-02-2011, 11:15 AM

On a scale of 1-10 the dirt is a 7. Going to put on my grubbies and get out the hose.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:16 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,739,074 times
FR -I did comment on it! You are really way behind. It gets really good around the Christmas Episode 2005, late 2004 and all of 2005. I do not want to reveal much because the storylines with Sharon and Dennis, Johnny Allen, Dirty Den, Kat, Alfie and Zoe are really good. Those were some great episodes and it was my very first Christmas in England.

Dew another haboob???

RK--uggh but at least the kids are happy. Its the same thing here when my mom says she is coming to visit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting