Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 12:57 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times

Advertisements

Hopes, that is a great tip!

Zimbo, Oh my about your son! He has a heart of gold.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:00 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Hopes, if you want to share, I'm very curious. Sorry, whatever it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Hopes now you have me curious. We are all here if you wish to share.
I'm still trying to get over it and find some peace within myself. We were having a class discussion about politics that was very respectful and extremely interesting. Suddenly, this kid raised his hand and told the teacher that he wished I wouldn't be permitted to participate because I'm out of touch with his generation and he's not interested in hearing anything I have to say because I'm so old. I think I could have handled that alone, but then a few other little snots chimed in and agreed with him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Sorry Hopes. I'm not sure I would be as gutsy as you are. Persevere, and remember you are a CDMWR.
I'm hoping I'll be gutsy. That's my goal. I felt like a volcano was about to explode inside me but kept my composure. My mouth just dropped open in shock. Once I was alone, I burst into sobbing tears that seemed to last forever. Once I got that out of my system, I talked with the head of the department (I was hoping he could transfer me into another class), and the instructor, and three of my girlfriends, and my husband, and later my children. We are all of the opinion that I can't let this little snot hold me back from my goals, even though it will be difficult to return after being utterly humiliated in front of a huge group of people. I've got four days to pull myself together. I'm feeling good today but it's sitting in the back of my mind and keeps creeping up on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Yay, breakfast buffet, and boo funeral. I'm sorry for your loss.
Not to sound callous but it's a very distant relative of hubby's. His family really likes their funerals. Seriously. It's like a social event to them. People are coming in from all over the country, relatives that don't even know the person who died. Anytime there is a funeral, they treat it like a huge family reunion for the clan. Everyone is always happy, laughing and smiling---not the typical funeral crowd you'd expect. It's sort of bizzare.

I almost had a heart attack when hubby broke the news to me that I need to prepare for the possibility that they'll end up at our house. That's probably why he took me out to breakfast. He broke the news to me at the restaurant. He said very gently and sweetly, "I know you're not going to like to hear this, but I think we should prepare for relatives who might stop by since our house is down the street from the funeral home." Love, love, love hubby. Not a big fan of his family. But I'm preparing the house.

Quote:
I'm also sorry you have a twerp at school to deal with, too. Want me to come kick him or her for you? I might be 8 months pregnant but I still have my steel-toed boots.
No fighting necessary. I'd pay money just to see you wearing steel-toed boots at 8th months pregnant! Post pics!

Old 09-02-2011, 01:06 PM

Hopes, How horrible!

As for the funeral thing....it is the same with my family. We are a massive family and treat funerals like a family reunion. :O I just wish they would do stuff when the person was alive. What bothers me is when they say Oh we should have had a family reunion when so and so was alive, lets do it now. Yet when one of us goes to arrange it at least a year in advance they do not want to know. They rather wait till somebody dies.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, Hopes - I'll definitely need to check it out, because I am desperate for good cleaners and hate that bleach-y smell.

Where did you find it?
I picked it up at an independently owned vitamin/health store. I just looked on google and it appears Target sells it.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
As for the funeral thing....it is the same with my family. We are a massive family and treat funerals like a family reunion. :O I just wish they would do stuff when the person was alive. What bothers me is when they say Oh we should have had a family reunion when so and so was alive, lets do it now. Yet when one of us goes to arrange it at least a year in advance they do not want to know. They rather wait till somebody dies.
Sounds like you're related to hubby's family! They often talk about reunions that never end up happening too.

Are you sure you're not coming to Pittsburgh tomorrow? Naw, that's not possible because his family is nasty and you're such a nice person!

Old 09-02-2011, 01:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Excellent, Hopes! The best cleaner I ever found was sold by one of those guys going door-to-door. DH bought a bottle because he felt sorry for the guy hustling it. It was terrific. And I never found another bottle. I watched out for that guy for years, lol.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:23 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Hopes - what a little punk! It's one thing to disagree with someone, but to suggest they be excluded from a class cannot pass without some sort of repurcussion.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:28 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,953,325 times
Hopes, how did the teacher answer the kid? Sorry - not kid - disrespectful punk.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:29 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Dew - thought you'd appreciate this (from the Bronco thread)....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/20715502-post1923.html

Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Sounds like you're related to hubby's family! They often talk about reunions that never end up happening too.

Are you sure you're not coming to Pittsburgh tomorrow? Naw, that's not possible because his family is nasty and you're such a nice person!
No relatives in Pittsburgh. They are near Scranton, Quakertown, and Philly. The ones in Quakertown and Philly I haven't seen since I was a little girl. My family can be just as nasty and mean but I do not bother too much with them or their problems. Its Mr. X family I have to worry about.

Right now we are in cahoots with Mr. X dad and his married girlfriend. OOOOOOO she has me so pissed that I want to go to Mississippi and get a billboard with a picture of her on it and say see this Golddigging cow! She ruins marriages all but HER OWN! Her husband doesn't know that she sleeps with other married men to steal their money! Hopefully he will KNOW now! ERRRRRR....

See Hopes I am not that nice :P You will not believe what my friends husbands think of me. They never call me by my name, they always say 'OOOO thats the one who set fire to her ex's car. Do not get her mad.' No I didn't set fire to it but I wrote a lovely message on the hood of it and somehow some homeless people who needed extra money sold the wheels to it....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting