Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Speaking of books, how is yours coming along, Mrs. X?
75000 words and still got more to go. I was working on it yesterday as I am reading for editing. I hate editing because I second guess everything and look for glaring grammatical errors. Then what I think is an error to me I feel might not be to someone else. I do have someone in publishing who is reading the book simultaneously and editing as well so we will see. Publishing person supercedes what I think.

My book cover is halfway completed. We have been in search of a hot guy for the cover or some graphic artwork. I put the word out to a few people I know and fingers cross they come back with something better than what I have.

Thank you for asking!

ETA it doesn't help that I am addicted to CD and Angry Birds....:P Must stop posting on CD and smashing into pigs on Angry Birds.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It's all so mind boggling to me.
I'm not sure about Chaz Bono (I haven't really followed his story), but I've worked with several transgendered clients at various points of their process and my professional opinion is that the whole process is confusing, particularly for the person going through it. I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone struggling with gender identity issues because our gender is something that most human beings take for granted - to question it leads to all manner of other questions that the average human usually doesn't choose to confront. Not to mention the social component of others being confused by the process, as well. Re: sexual identity vs. gender identity, in my very small sample of clients, some kept the same sexual identity regardless of gender reassignment and some changed sexual identity. I believe that questioning one's sexual identity prior to questioning one's gender identity is not uncommon, as well. So how's that for a "it depends" answer??

Old 09-07-2011, 08:37 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times
Ok ladies I am off...another doctors visit for Toddler X. Lil Miss Fr and Toddler X must have been swapping virtual spit because he has had a cough, snotty nose and now some weird thing on his tongue that has made it half red and half white.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Hopes I will keep you in mind! I need motivation to get my book done!

XX to you all.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Morning all, thanks a bunch for asking after MissFR - she had a rough evening, but seems to be doing much better this morning - keeping an eye on her and fingers crossed for school tomorrow.

I had a bunch of responses to everybody, but my brain just evaporated.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Morning all!

I see my reading list was added to during the night. Those sound like books I'd love. Yes, headache is gone, thanks for asking. Let's see, the cats stay inside 24/7. One hates it, one loves it. No, in the summer it doesn't cool down at night. Well, it goes from 110 to 92 but I don't think that's what you meant, lol. Hope all the expectant mommies are feeling good and I hope Miss FR is doing much better.

Mrs. X: Rant totally appreciated!

Oh, Cher: I've seen her at various events and had the chance to talk with her in a small group over the years. She's very smart. Opinionated and funny as all get-out. Her politics can veer towards conservative which I've found interesting a couple of times. Very patriotic about the U.S.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:45 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
I think every case is different, every person's story is different, and it's so complex as Ewag said. Now I don't want to seem tactless, or like I'm making fun of anyone here, that's really not my intention, but have taken care of quite a few patients in various stages of transition back in the dark ages, and these 2 stories stand out. The first patient I ever took care of was a M to F, but the guy was a rugby player, probably 6'6" or so, looked like "The Rock". He did not look good as a woman at all.

The second one also M to F, and I was a very young nursing student. I was late for an elective, and walked into the consulting room after the patient exam had started. I had no idea it was a post-op trans, all I heard was this woman saying "Just close up my damned vagina, I don't want it any more, it's been nothing but trouble". I had no idea what was going on until the patient left the exam room and we could discuss the case with the surgeon. I didn't live that down for many years.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:47 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
My book cover is halfway completed. We have been in search of a hot guy for the cover or some graphic artwork. I put the word out to a few people I know and fingers cross they come back with something better than what I have.
That's so cool! It must be exciting to know you will be published when you're done!

Speaking of hot gods, I was at the community library yesterday and a totally hot god sat down next to me. He wasn't even super young. He was just ALL MAN in such a hot way. When he struck up a conversation with me, I was tongue tied! Maybe he's used to women losing their brains when he talks to them, but I think it's a clue that I need to get out more. LMAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I'm not sure about Chaz Bono (I haven't really followed his story), but I've worked with several transgendered clients at various points of their process and my professional opinion is that the whole process is confusing, particularly for the person going through it. I have a soft spot in my heart for anyone struggling with gender identity issues because our gender is something that most human beings take for granted - to question it leads to all manner of other questions that the average human usually doesn't choose to confront. Not to mention the social component of others being confused by the process, as well. Re: sexual identity vs. gender identity, in my very small sample of clients, some kept the same sexual identity regardless of gender reassignment and some changed sexual identity. I believe that questioning one's sexual identity prior to questioning one's gender identity is not uncommon, as well. So how's that for a "it depends" answer??
Thanks for sharing a professonal perspective. You're pretty much validating what I suspected: big identity issues. She (and her mother) clearly have body image issues too. It just seems like she has major issues in so many ways. So sad.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Oh, Cher: I've seen her at various events and had the chance to talk with her in a small group over the years. She's very smart. Opinionated and funny as all get-out. Her politics can veer towards conservative which I've found interesting a couple of times. Very patriotic about the U.S.
That's fascinating! I've always liked Cher. I would have never guessed she was a conservative.

But I did read that she wanted Chastity to go to therapy when Chastity first told her she was a lesbian.

I remember being surprised by her conservative mindset towards homosexuality when I read that because conservative is the last thing I associate with Cher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The second one also M to F, and I was a very young nursing student. I was late for an elective, and walked into the consulting room after the patient exam had started. I had no idea it was a post-op trans, all I heard was this woman saying "Just close up my damned vagina, I don't want it any more, it's been nothing but trouble". I had no idea what was going on until the patient left the exam room and we could discuss the case with the surgeon. I didn't live that down for many years.
LMAO! Without knowing it was a transgender consultation, that would have been quite shocking to hear!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:02 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Very funny spoof of an awareness or campaign ad. This is definitely NSFW, and definitely not for Special Snowflakes.

Justin Timberlake: Please Make Music Again (NSFW VIDEO)

Old 09-07-2011, 09:04 AM

Hubby's home!

Have a great day, ladies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting