Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,802,783 times

Advertisements

Oh FFS, how the heck are you 21 and all you own is sparkly prom shoes from 5 years ago? You complain endlessly about the mounds of clothes and crap you have everywhere that you just never have time to clean and organize and yet you don't have a frikkin blouse and a skirt or a pair of pants? A sweater? A cardi?

How you get through each day is beyond me. Put down the stupid cell phone and learn how to be an adult. You work full time and don't have $20 to buy a shirt? I didn't see you mention your car payment to your grandmother? I hope to God you are keeping up with that.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:15 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,523,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
If I can't afford to get something better I will not be going and will just go find a part time job that I can work during police academy.
What do you mean if you can't get something better? Better than what? The **** you say you have now? Seriously!!! The point is if you look the part, you will get the job, and you will earn money.

As Ohio said, and I said earlier, go and look in Goodwill, or Value Village, or wherever. You will be surprised at the good quality stuff you can find.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:16 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,952,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Can't you borrow clothing from friends? Or go to goodwill? Seriously they have stuff for like $6.
None of my friends are my size, one friend is bigger and my other friend is a size 2.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,072,590 times
excuses, excuses. What do you think we're going to say when you post stuff like this? You should be saving part of each pay check, even if it is only $5 or $10. If you did that, you'd have a few $ to get something at goodwill.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 PM

straw - I've never been to Aspen, but some of the other ski areas have summer activities. We off-road a lot in the summer. You might find a jeep tour, or just enjoy hanging out in the mountains. There are some really cute old mining towns.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:26 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,952,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Oh FFS, how the heck are you 21 and all you own is sparkly prom shoes from 5 years ago? You complain endlessly about the mounds of clothes and crap you have everywhere that you just never have time to clean and organize and yet you don't have a frikkin blouse and a skirt or a pair of pants? A sweater? A cardi?

How you get through each day is beyond me. Put down the stupid cell phone and learn how to be an adult. You work full time and don't have $20 to buy a shirt? I didn't see you mention your car payment to your grandmother? I hope to God you are keeping up with that.
Because the only time I EVER wore heels was to prom, so all I have are pretty high prom dress kind of heels.
I never had any other times where I needed dressy shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What do you mean if you can't get something better? Better than what? The **** you say you have now? Seriously!!! The point is if you look the part, you will get the job, and you will earn money.

As Ohio said, and I said earlier, go and look in Goodwill, or Value Village, or wherever. You will be surprised at the good quality stuff you can find.
I have business BARELY casual, I have NOTHING that would be suitable to wear to this job interview and if I don't get something more dressy and suitable then I will not be going in plain and simple, I am not going in all half assed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
excuses, excuses. What do you think we're going to say when you post stuff like this? You should be saving part of each pay check, even if it is only $5 or $10. If you did that, you'd have a few $ to get something at goodwill.
Did you not see the part earlier in this thread where I said I quit my job????
I have my last paycheck and that is it and I have to have it to pay my bills or they get canceled and shut off and I cannot have that happen, I have to have my car to get around, I cannot rely on my mom to get me places.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:32 PM

So what do you expect us to say? YOU quit your job. YOU didn't save any money when you had a job. Looks like you're up sh** creek. I don't know what to tell you, except that you should have SOMETHING suitable for this kind of thing. It doesn't have to be heels. It doesn't have to be a skirt.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,755,385 times
Quote:
I don't have the money to do that, even that, I have to save what money I do have to pay bills next month, because if I can't pay my car insurance then I won't be able to drive because they will arrest you and tow your car if you drive without car insurance.
Quote:
Right now I have enough money to pay for my car insurance next month and a portion of my cell phone, my friend has my old blackberry which I can sell and there is the rest of my phone payment and some for gas.

Spending my money is too big of a gamble.
Guess what! If you don't spend money to get a job you won't have money to pay your bills in future months. Look at the big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
How you get through each day is beyond me. Put down the stupid cell phone and learn how to be an adult. You work full time and don't have $20 to buy a shirt?
News flash, she quit her job but she was still at the cell phone store a week later looking at new phones.

Quote:
I have business BARELY casual, I have NOTHING that would be suitable to wear to this job interview and if I don't get something more dressy and suitable then I will not be going in plain and simple, I am not going in all half assed.
I think it's silly and immature if you don't go on the interview. I doubt they care. I'll bet you any money this "marketing company" is one of those door to door deals where you ride in a van with a bunch of people or something equally not a big deal but pays better than BB&B and a gas station.

Whatever. If you do ever get another job, spend some damn money on an outfit that can take you to a wedding, funeral and interview. An all in one, multipurpose outfit that is appropriate for all 3 important events that can happen without much notice. Invest in one!

Old 04-11-2011, 07:39 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,054,443 times
Quote:
... will just go find a part time job that I can work during police academy.
Last I heard you hadn't even applied. Did I miss something?

Colorado: It's been a few year but we took a couple of summer-time family vacations there. Aspen is $$$ but beautiful. We took the lift up to the top of Ajex and hiked. I like Glenwood Springs a lot. Was surprised to hear about Steamboat in maciesmom's post. It was hippie-ish but not naked when we were last there. We also took the train. (Name?) Touristy but fun. We liked it because it was so different from SoCal. Nice to be able to breath some fresh air and spread out a little.

(And lots of riding for DH and sons. I got a lot of reading done.)

Old 04-11-2011, 07:40 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,812,346 times
Did you respond to an add that looks like this.

Find Jobs - Expanding Marketing Firm Filling Entry Level Positions Jobs in Akron, Ohio - NEW LATTITUDES

Because 10 times out of 10 these are door to door sales/scam jobs. When anyone says "marketing company" thats what I think of. No offense but a few retail jobs and no college degree are hardly a "impressive"resume. I have 2 degrees in marketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.