Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 05:20 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,802,965 times

Advertisements

You quit your job???? What the hell is wrong with you??? And you didn't answer whether you were paying your Grandmother back.

So I have this straight

1) You have no job
2) You have no health insurance
3) You cannot apply to the Academy
4) The only shoes you own are sparkly prom pumps
5) You have not one single outfit that could be construed as remotely professional
6) You have no education nor discernable skills beyond retail
7) You think a scam job that I guarantee will pay you nothing is a real marketing job
8) You are still more concerned with paying your cell phone bill than worrying about any of the above.

Holy hell do you need to grow up. This is beyond comprehension for someone your age.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:30 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,813,114 times
Well I am off to day 2 of my REAL job.

And I have a little bit of a cough.

Ciao

Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Well I am off to day 2 of my REAL job.

And I have a little bit of a cough.

Ciao
It amazes me that you and txt are so close in age.

Have a great day, Ohio!

Old 04-12-2011, 06:18 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,953,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
You quit your job???? What the hell is wrong with you??? And you didn't answer whether you were paying your Grandmother back.

So I have this straight

1) You have no job True
2) You have no health insurance True
3) You cannot apply to the Academy False, colorado offers sliding scale health insurance I can possibly get.
4) The only shoes you own are sparkly prom pumps False, I don't own any dress shoes besides stuff I have worn to prom, I have tennis shoes, flip flops, uggs and my tactical boots from explorers.
5) You have not one single outfit that could be construed as remotely professional True to an extent, any of what I have SLIGHTLY constitutes business casual but just barely.
6) You have no education nor discernable skills beyond retail False, I have some college education and I graduated high school.
7) You think a scam job that I guarantee will pay you nothing is a real marketing job. False, I highly doubt that this is real and have doubted going from the very beginning and just mass applied to stuff I was qualified for on monster.com
8) You are still more concerned with paying your cell phone bill than worrying about any of the above. True, its not prepaid, I am on a plan, if I don't pay my service gets shut off and I STILL have to pay my bill and if you don't pay your bills your credit score gets screwed up, so YES, I am worried about paying ALL my bills. Plus how in the world would I be able to get calls backs for jobs? What if I got a flat? If I had no cell phone what in the world would I do? Just shut up about my cell phone already.

Holy hell do you need to grow up. This is beyond comprehension for someone your age.
Whatever, I applied to some REAL jobs today and yesterday and everyday after I quit my job for that matter. Best Buy is hiring for a cell phone sales position.
I quit my job on a whim because I am massively depressed, I carry my stress in my neck and shoulders and have had a stiff neck since march 29th, not only that but I have had a headache EVERYDAY since then, sharp shooting pains down into my left eye, I've had two MASSIVE migraines in the past two weeks one of which I couldn't talk and ended up busting into tears I was in so much pain and my boss was being less than accommodating.

I hated my job and I am going to find myself a better one, one that I can work part time during police academy and then soon enough I will be a cop and I will be a damn good cop and I'll prove all of you wrong. I'll get my stuff sorted its just taking time.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:21 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,953,074 times
You know what, no one ever made me get good grades in high school, and I didn't make myself.
I don't come from a family with a lot of money and could only go to community college, I had to stop classes because what I have left needs to go towards police academy.

I am struggling in life because no one taught me the things necessary to succeed in life and I am having to learn them all on my own NOW and you know what just because some post on some forum tells me something doesn't mean its going to magically click and that im going to learn right away nor does it mean that I agree with everything you all say and some of you don't get that people have different view points.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
You know what, no one ever made me get good grades in high school, and I didn't make myself.
I don't come from a family with a lot of money and could only go to community college, I had to stop classes because what I have left needs to go towards police academy.

I am struggling in life because no one taught me the things necessary to succeed in life and I am having to learn them all on my own NOW and you know what just because some post on some forum tells me something doesn't mean its going to magically click and that im going to learn right away nor does it mean that I agree with everything you all say and some of you don't get that people have different view points.
You need a whambulance.

You are struggling in life because you are a spoiled brat. You expect everything and think you deserve things. You deserve NOTHING. You earn things, they are not given.

You are quite well aware of the things that are necessary to succeed in life and in the last year you haven't learned didly evidenced by the fact that you quit yet another job. You had health insurance but did nothing to try and fix or at least accomodate your health issues. Health issues brought upon by your incessant whining and acting like an entitled princess.

I don't care how broke you were, you can go to college. Financial aid and student loans were there for the taking. If you got crappy grades in high school you could have gone (and finished!) community college and then transfered, you chose not to.

I will not stop about the cell phone because you still don't get it. You may need a phone to get/make calls but you do not NEED texting/internet/data plans. What you need is to do one grown up thing and buy a friggin pair of shoes and a presentable outfit for job interviews.

You also NEED to pay your Grandmother back...your refusal to answer the question twice answers it for me. Of all the dumb things you have done this one takes the cake. It is absolutely disgusting that you are putting money that should go to her into buying Taco Bell and texting.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:56 AM

13,234 posts, read 9,852,524 times
Morning all!

I missed too many posts so I'm just going to throw out happy thong wearing anniversary new job vibes out into the universe for everyone....

DD's birthday on Thurs. I can't believe she's 4. People always said when she was a baby to enjoy it because it would go fast, almost to the point of "alright, I get it, enough already" - but yep, they were right.

So I was mulling around the idea of an ice cream maker for a pressie - and I'd kind of decided they were too expensive to get online and shipped, and then we went to Costco on Sunday and lo and behold, there was a Cuisinart ice cream machine for 29.00 in the cutest candy apple red color.

Meant to be, I say! Homemade ice cream for everyone!

Inlaws arrival imminent. Must go clean house.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:03 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,935,252 times
Well Finster, hope you have no knock out, drag outs with your in-laws. That whole wedding thread makes me thinks mine aren't as annoying as I think they are.

Age four is such a wonderful age. Although I thought, up until about 10 with my son, that each age was my favorite.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:06 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,764,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
It amazes me that you and txt are so close in age.

Have a great day, Ohio!
It is amazing! She's living on her own in NYC of all places too!

But we need to stop ranting to txtqueen in this thread because this thread ends up being all about her.

I broke my rule last night and responded to her post. I apologize to all of my fellow chat buddies.

I'm going back to my selective reading skills.

It's time to talk about the friggin weather!

(Yeah, friggin! I'm so worked up I'm typing damn uneducated Pittsburghese slang that I don't even use in speech! LOL)

Last edited by Hopes; 04-12-2011 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: deleted txtqueen crap out of post

Old 04-12-2011, 07:18 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,764,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I missed too many posts so I'm just going to throw out happy thong wearing anniversary new job vibes out into the universe for everyone....
That's a VERY good idea! You haven't missed anything for the past few pages. There might be good stuff before that. I don't know. But you're safer in the happy-thong-wearing-anniversary-new-job-vibes universe!

Quote:
DD's birthday on Thurs. I can't believe she's 4. People always said when she was a baby to enjoy it because it would go fast, almost to the point of "alright, I get it, enough already" - but yep, they were right.
Happy BD to DD! They do grow fast. I tried to keep a journal. It's spotty, just memories from moments here and there because it's hard to do AT THE TIME and you do end up forgetting most of it as time goes on. Just take lots of pictures. They help bring back the memories and stories.

Quote:
So I was mulling around the idea of an ice cream maker for a pressie - and I'd kind of decided they were too expensive to get online and shipped, and then we went to Costco on Sunday and lo and behold, there was a Cuisinart ice cream machine for 29.00 in the cutest candy apple red color.

Meant to be, I say! Homemade ice cream for everyone!
OMG! At $29 you HAVE TO GET IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Well Finster, hope you have no knock out, drag outs with your in-laws. That whole wedding thread makes me thinks mine aren't as annoying as I think they are.
That's awesome! I love when something good comes from any bad experience! Silver lined clouds and all that.

Hey, I even think my BILs and SILs aren't that bad. I'm not saying that I will talk to them or associate with them all of a sudden. But I'll admit, they could be much worse! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.