Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 03:25 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I'm just not in the mood for stupid people today. Does that make me a bad person? Oh wait, I don't care....so there!
I'm with you today!

Old 04-12-2011, 03:28 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Zimbo, that would make me nuts. Way too dismissive for me to be able to handle with any type of grace.

Right now I'm on a personal crusade against use of the word "Cali" which is one big as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah...what IS that? Never in my life heard that until here...

Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Sorry, I was a bit terse wasn't I? The common response around here when discussing something with people who disagree with you, "well of course you are a foreigner....". Most of the time I ignore, but some days it just riles me up.
I used to work with a woman from Israel. She used to make lots of comments on how I think the way I think just because I'm American and need to move to Europe. Sure, living in another country would be a great experience. However, I can't just pack my bags and go. Hubby and I were actually really wanting to move to Finland, but it's just too hard to get into the country if you are from the EU. This woman did not think highly of Americans, and her comments bothered us.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Yeah...what IS that? Never in my life heard that until here...
There are a couple of people on the L.A. board that are even grumpier about it than I am. If that's possible.

I don't know where it came from but I'm starting to hear it more and more in places other than C-D. TV maybe? Whoever it was should be dropped off the Balboa pier.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:34 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,085,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There are a couple of people on the L.A. board that are even grumpier about it than I am. If that's possible.

I don't know where it came from but I'm starting to hear it more and more in places other than C-D. TV maybe? Whoever it was should be dropped off the Balboa pier.
Yeah there are. Any mention of "Cali," and some of those guys go insane. It really bothers me when people say it, too, though.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:28 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
You need a whambulance.

You are struggling in life because you are a spoiled brat. You expect everything and think you deserve things. You deserve NOTHING. You earn things, they are not given.

You are quite well aware of the things that are necessary to succeed in life and in the last year you haven't learned didly evidenced by the fact that you quit yet another job. You had health insurance but did nothing to try and fix or at least accomodate your health issues. Health issues brought upon by your incessant whining and acting like an entitled princess.

I don't care how broke you were, you can go to college. Financial aid and student loans were there for the taking. If you got crappy grades in high school you could have gone (and finished!) community college and then transfered, you chose not to.

I will not stop about the cell phone because you still don't get it. You may need a phone to get/make calls but you do not NEED texting/internet/data plans. What you need is to do one grown up thing and buy a friggin pair of shoes and a presentable outfit for job interviews.

You also NEED to pay your Grandmother back...your refusal to answer the question twice answers it for me. Of all the dumb things you have done this one takes the cake. It is absolutely disgusting that you are putting money that should go to her into buying Taco Bell and texting.
The only thing I EXPECT is working hard to pay off. If I am working 40 hours a week I would expect to to get me further than that gas station job was getting me.
And I did not have health insurance yet, it had to be exactly 90 days and THEN they were going to send me the health packet in the mail for me to choose and then I would have had to of mailed it back in and that would have taken time too.
I am not good at school, college was not working out for me. I'm not good at much of anything.
And no I may not NEED texting and internet but I am not giving it up because I am not going to go a second more through life giving things up and doing without something I want.

I just applied at Best Buy yesterday and they already gave me a call back today and it sucks cause I was asleep when they called.

I am NOT going to give up what I have and for the last god damned time, I really don't like fast food, fast food gives me the ****s, so if you wanna harp on me for something make it correct.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
I quit my job because I am taking control of my life, I am NOT going to go a second more going to that job that gets me no where. That job was suppose to enable me to be able to move out, it could not provide that, it was getting me no where and making me miserable.

I am finding myself a better job, where I don't have to work till 11pm, where I don't have to change 18 trash cans a night and end up covered in nasty mysterious trash can liquid. Instead I applied to Best Buy where I can go sell people electronics, HOPEFULLY, the cell phones, that's what they are hiring for, something I can have fun with.

And as soon as I am making bank everything will be getting paid.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:25 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
Is that wedding thread seriously going on still?

Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Hey ohio...how was day 2? Sexually harass anyone yet?

rkb - glad you enjoyed your lunch...that is fun!

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-12-2011 at 06:34 PM..

Old 04-12-2011, 06:35 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
No Harassment. But I had a good second day.

At 3pm we get a snack bowl with candy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting