U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Geneva, IL
12,958 posts, read 10,911,133 times
Reputation: 14562

Advertisements

I wonder if there is a smilie for narcissistic personality disorder?

It's a touching story Marie Osmond remarrying her first husband. She has had a tough life.

 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Denver area
20,360 posts, read 20,399,024 times
Reputation: 31788
jk - how was your trip yesterday? How was the weather? My coworker was biking near Morrison and they had some snow! Chilly and windy here yesterday. So far calm today. Supposed to be nice this weekend. Lots of yardwork planned.....
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Denver area
20,360 posts, read 20,399,024 times
Reputation: 31788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I wonder if there is a smilie for narcissistic personality disorder?

It's a touching story Marie Osmond remarrying her first husband. She has had a tough life.
LOL - need a smiley with fingers pointing to itself all the time....'cause it's all about them 24/7....

I hadn't heard that about MO....interesting.
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
 
4,541 posts, read 9,044,430 times
Reputation: 3815
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
jk - how was your trip yesterday? How was the weather? My coworker was biking near Morrison and they had some snow! Chilly and windy here yesterday. So far calm today. Supposed to be nice this weekend. Lots of yardwork planned.....
It was a really good meeting (we just went over to CU in Boulder). He really, really wants to be able to qualify for automatic acceptance into the Engineering program, so he'll probably need to retake the ACT.

His face lit up when the counselor talked about the Freshmen project. He knows this is what he wants to do. I wish I had been that sure when I was his age.
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 AM
 
Location: Denver area
20,360 posts, read 20,399,024 times
Reputation: 31788
It is a rare gift to know what you want to do at that age. Lucky him.

I'm still wondering what it is I want to do.....
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
 
4,541 posts, read 9,044,430 times
Reputation: 3815
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I'm still wondering what it is I want to do.....
Me too - and it ain't bookkeeping I can tell you!
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Wherever life takes me.
5,930 posts, read 5,924,589 times
Reputation: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I wonder if there is a smilie for narcissistic personality disorder?

It's a touching story Marie Osmond remarrying her first husband. She has had a tough life.
Whatever, i cracked a joke and poked fun at myself in a way that said hey I know I can be awful sometimes.....and LOL would have sufficed...
Or SURELY someone here can share in the anxiety and pain of an adolescent using their car for a driving test and being anxious that the person doing so.

Sheesh.

Maybe someone might actually comment on this..
Anyone notice how the mornings kind of start of sunny and then around mid afternoon get kind of stormy and then disappears by almost night time?
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:42 AM
 
Location: Wherever life takes me.
5,930 posts, read 5,924,589 times
Reputation: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
It is a rare gift to know what you want to do at that age. Lucky him.

I'm still wondering what it is I want to do.....
I've known what it was I wanted to so since I was about 18/19 years old during high school I had an *idea*, I knew I wanted to do something like criminal investigation and had been considering lots of options and then when I was 18 I did a ride along and fell in love.
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:43 AM
 
4,541 posts, read 9,044,430 times
Reputation: 3815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I wonder if there is a smilie for narcissistic personality disorder?
I came up short googling it. That would be good though.
 
Old 05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
 
32,538 posts, read 26,849,542 times
Reputation: 32083
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Whatever, i cracked a joke and poked fun at myself in a way that said hey I know I can be awful sometimes.....and LOL would have sufficed...
Or SURELY someone here can share in the anxiety and pain of an adolescent using their car for a driving test and being anxious that the person doing so.

Sheesh.

Maybe someone might actually comment on this..
Anyone notice how the mornings kind of start of sunny and then around mid afternoon get kind of stormy and then disappears by almost night time?
Not ONE person responded to my turning on the a/c.

Sheesh.

Stomps foot.

Shakes head.

Goes on with life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top