Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2011, 12:11 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times

Advertisements

LOL! You made me go look at the DDD thread - I didn't even open it. But I started laughing because I saw that thread a while back and just assumed from the title that it was about getting a free bra.

Guess that's not what it's about?

I can get bras in the teen section at Target - what does that tell ya?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:15 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Hmmm... I used to be a 32 C. Now I'm a good lord knows what XXX and I stick to sports bras.

Honestly, Newton would have figured out the laws of gravity much faster had these apples fallen on his head.

Why anyone would want to do it on purpose is beyond me.

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Even though I signed off early last night, I didn't sleep until after 3am because hubby BREATHS. If he's not snoring, he's making some other noise.

TK's hand is healing nicely. He only slightly messed it up by playing video games and texting. He finally agreed to surrender the Xbox controllers to me. I told him I wouldn't temporarily suspend his cell phone service unless I see him texting with that hand. He agreed. He's relieved I'm trusting him to keep his word. He claims he understands now that he has seen the new xrays.

What is it about teens thinking they are invincible? Yeah, yeah, I know. We were all like that. But I don't recall outright refusing to listen to logic, especially when it permanently disable me. Thank goodness the doctor was able to persuade him. She told him that if he ruined the surgery, she wouldn't operate on him again. I think he finally understands the importance of following doctor's orders.

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
So speaking of other forums....there is a woman who wants to know if a single Mom can make it in Boston. She then asks about whether she can keep her free health care and get vouchers for daycare due to her being a single Mom.

Of course, me being the ever sympathetic and cordial one () told her to please not move to one of the most expensive cities in the country and expect a handout. This was apparently wrong of me, I gather.
I have that problem on the L.A. boards. There was a woman (a transplant) complaining about people in L.A. having the nerve to borrow sugar from each other. New people complaining about too many donut shops. Everyone gets upset because there isn't a mega star talking to them in line at the supermarket. It's all one big for me.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Except if you have or like white kitchen cabinets! LOL - anyone remember that thread? It got locked several times! Who'd have thought that kitchen cabinets could be so contentious?
That's true! It can be dangerous there sometimes!

That desertsun dude HATES white cabinets! Almost makes me want white cabinets just to spite him!

Old 05-18-2011, 12:24 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's true! It can be dangerous there sometimes!

That desertsun dude HATES white cabinets! Almost makes me want white cabinets just to spite him!
I never post in there but remember that thread!

Is he the guy who is the world renowed cabinet designer? He said he designed Tiger Woods kitchen and that his maid that he married was a bish (this was before the Tiger scandal)

I was wondering how a guy who spent so much time with these people thought she was his maid when she was never his employee..she was another golfers nanny.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Of course, me being the ever sympathetic and cordial one () told her to please not move to one of the most expensive cities in the country and expect a handout. This was apparently wrong of me, I gather.
I fully support your wrongness!

It's insane to move to an expensive city if someone doesn't make a decent income to support their children.

You did her a favor saying what needed to be said! Hopefully it will sink in one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I can get bras in the teen section at Target - what does that tell ya?
It never occurred to me to check the teen section for bras! Good idea!

Old 05-18-2011, 12:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Tiger grew up a couple of miles from my parents' house. We used to see him golfing when he was just a little guy and around town. Cute as a bug back then.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I never post in there but remember that thread!

Is he the guy who is the world renowed cabinet designer? He said he designed Tiger Woods kitchen and that his maid that he married was a bish (this was before the Tiger scandal)

I was wondering how a guy who spent so much time with these people thought she was his maid when she was never his employee..she was another golfers nanny.
It's probably him. He claims to be a cabinet expert. Designer? Never heard him say that. Wouldn't put it past him. Thanks for telling me about the Tiger stuff. Maybe there was a SO who was previously a maid before he married the friend's nanny. Who knows. I just shake my head. Occassionally, he does give good advice. I started at thread directed towards him asking: what are people on a budget supposed to buy? It's not like everyone can afford a 60k kitchen for goodness sake! Yeah, MM is right, it can get a bit heated in that forum, but very very rarely.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Tiger grew up a couple of miles from my parents' house. We used to see him golfing when he was just a little guy and around town. Cute as a bug back then.

Just thought I'd throw that in.
He's still cute as a bug. He has a teddy bear face. He's a grown man and he still looks "cute."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting