U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-20-2011, 09:22 AM
 
43,012 posts, read 86,162,332 times
Reputation: 30136

Advertisements

I woke up this morning and discovered it's my anniversary.

Hubby is outside detailing my car.

What am I going to do for him?

Help me come up with some ideas! He's not a going to the movies type of guy.

It's our 18th year! Time sure flies. Seems like just yesterday I met him.



(btw, I never know when my anniversary is. I picked the first day of Spring as a reminder but later learned that Spring moves around on the calendar.)

 
Old 03-20-2011, 09:58 AM
 
8,949 posts, read 6,430,678 times
Reputation: 10922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I woke up this morning and discovered it's my anniversary.

Hubby is outside detailing my car.

What am I going to do for him?

Help me come up with some ideas! He's not a going to the movies type of guy.

It's our 18th year! Time sure flies. Seems like just yesterday I met him.



(btw, I never know when my anniversary is. I picked the first day of Spring as a reminder but later learned that Spring moves around on the calendar.)
Ha! That's funny. By the same token I never know when it's Easter.

I have an idea what you could do for him -

Thong, thong thong thong - Thooooong!

(Sorry Hopes, I'm never going to let you live that one down).
 
Old 03-20-2011, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Liberal Coast
4,260 posts, read 4,812,413 times
Reputation: 3831
I'm late to the sleeping conversation, but I love sleeping in bed with my husband. Truthfully, if we aren't I feel so weird, and it's harder for me to get to sleep.
 
Old 03-20-2011, 01:33 PM
 
32,538 posts, read 28,154,598 times
Reputation: 32136
Happy Anniversary Hopes!

I was wondering last night... How's DH been since the surgery?
 
Old 03-20-2011, 02:34 PM
 
43,012 posts, read 86,162,332 times
Reputation: 30136
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Thong, thong thong thong - Thooooong!

(Sorry Hopes, I'm never going to let you live that one down).
But he sees that everyday....maybe I should buy a pair of real honest to goodness panties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Happy Anniversary Hopes!

I was wondering last night... How's DH been since the surgery?
Thanks, Dew!

He's doing great! He returned to work last week on light duty. His physical therapist anticipates that he will be like new in three more months.

I hated the doctor. He was such a jerk, had no personality. I wanted to find another doctor prior to the surgery.

I'm so glad my husband disregarded my reservations with his casual "everything will be fine with whatever doctor" attitude.

This doctor worked miracles with my husband's shoulder.

I guess it's true that skill is more important than personality when it comes to surgeons.
 
Old 03-20-2011, 02:37 PM
 
43,012 posts, read 86,162,332 times
Reputation: 30136
My car looks great! We're going to take a walk in the woods to the falls. It will be fun. Today is a beautiful day.
 
Old 03-20-2011, 02:48 PM
 
32,538 posts, read 28,154,598 times
Reputation: 32136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I hated the doctor. He was such a jerk, had no personality. I wanted to find another doctor prior to the surgery.

I'm so glad my husband disregarded my reservations with his casual "everything will be fine with whatever doctor" attitude.

This doctor worked miracles with my husband's shoulder.

I guess it's true that skill is more important than personality when it comes to surgeons.
I could write a book about surgeons. And doctors in general. Some I've hated. Some I wanted to bake cookies for. Best surgeon I had was an old Jewish man who I'd have walked on fire for. Before one surgery, when I weighed about 97 pounds he said, "Don't you ever eat any pie?" Thirty years down the road we still joke about having a piece of pie under "doctor's orders".

Glad your DH is doing well!!
 
Old 03-20-2011, 04:37 PM
 
Location: In a house
13,262 posts, read 33,300,009 times
Reputation: 20198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I woke up this morning and discovered it's my anniversary.

Hubby is outside detailing my car.

What am I going to do for him?

Help me come up with some ideas! He's not a going to the movies type of guy.

It's our 18th year! Time sure flies. Seems like just yesterday I met him.



(btw, I never know when my anniversary is. I picked the first day of Spring as a reminder but later learned that Spring moves around on the calendar.)
An extra five minutes of sex? Or if he's one of "those," five fewer minutes.
Your mileage may vary.
 
Old 03-20-2011, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Wherever life takes me.
5,936 posts, read 6,162,632 times
Reputation: 3002
Is there a way to ease bad dreams? Like relaxation methods you can do before bed to get better more relaxing sleep?

The other night I had a dream I had a panic attack in Walmart and actually passed out briefly in the dream. I felt everything the fear, the panic, the anxiety all while sleeping and I woke up hurting my shoulders so tense and just searing pain.
And again last night or right before I woke up today, another bad dream that I could feel.

And I'm in such raging biatch mode today and I don't want to do anything at work.
 
Old 03-20-2011, 05:36 PM
 
2,159 posts, read 3,633,228 times
Reputation: 2127
Happy anniversary hopes!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top