Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 06:59 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times

Advertisements

The writing is going well and I am keeping at my pace. It is hard though because when I am done with a few pages, I feel the need to go back to edit. I have to bust out the large thesaurus and change paragraphs.

OOOh about the memorial service. Sadly our family is so large and spread out we too only really see each other for memorial services. It is always bittersweet because then you wish the person who has past was there to be apart of it all.

Someone in the family always vow to do a reunion but alas no one plans.

For vacation...you and the hubby should go to Turks and Caicos...

BTW do you have a self cleaning oven?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
The writing is going well and I am keeping at my pace. It is hard though because when I am done with a few pages, I feel the need to go back to edit. I have to bust out the large thesaurus and change paragraphs.

OOOh about the memorial service. Sadly our family is so large and spread out we too only really see each other for memorial services. It is always bittersweet because then you wish the person who has past was there to be apart of it all.

Someone in the family always vow to do a reunion but alas no one plans.

For vacation...you and the hubby should go to Turks and Caicos...

BTW do you have a self cleaning oven?
Yes, that sounds nice. Alas, those kinds of vaycays won't be in the cards until both kids are out of college .....we've got at least 5 years!

Yes, I have a self cleaning oven.... It really heats the house up to run the cleaning cycle. Thankfully I did that during the cold spell a month or so ago...won't be doing that again until fall....

Old 06-07-2011, 07:15 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Yes, that sounds nice. Alas, those kinds of vaycays won't be in the cards until both kids are out of college .....we've got at least 5 years!

Yes, I have a self cleaning oven.... It really heats the house up to run the cleaning cycle. Thankfully I did that during the cold spell a month or so ago...won't be doing that again until fall....
OK because I really am afraid of doing mine which is self cleaning and it needs to be cleaned. I will wait for the fall then. I am always worried about something happening...

I feel your pain about the vaycay... I want to go away so badly with Mr. X but for now it will be just Seaworld and Disney then the upgrade to Universal and Busch Gardens.... along with all the trips to the lake and stuff...the fun family things. I wonder what ever happened to Club Med?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
If everyone wants to get REALLY depressed about our lack of fabulous vacations....

My niece is in Italy for the summer. Studying business. I got a long email describing her apartment in Rome with the balcony and sitting on the Spanish Steps in the evening. Heavy sigh. Oh to be 19 with indulgent parents.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
I wish my parents had been indulgent. Who wouldn't love spending summers in Italy at 19?

OMGoodness. I even wish I could afford to be an indulgent parent myself.

I'm sending my son to Seattle for the summer. Sounds indulgent? It's only $230 for airfare.

And the money he'll cost me while being there, he would cost me while being here.

I think it's a bargain. Wish I could send my children backpacking in Europe though, but there's just no way.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM

Spanish Steps? Pffft....I'll be in the wonderous cornfields, swatting mosquitoes in the evenings....who could want more than THAT for a vacation?

Oh....and my sister's friend with the villa for next summer? Turns out it's more of a condo in a resort town in Northern Italy. Nothing wrong with that but it's not the villa in Tuscany she mentioned at first....

Old 06-07-2011, 07:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Oh....and my sister's friend with the villa for next summer? Turns out it's more of a condo in a resort town in Northern Italy. Nothing wrong with that but it's not the villa in Tuscany she mentioned at first....
I could handle a condo in Northern Italy. As long as there are some great trattorias nearby.

Right now I could handle a condo pretty much anywhere that isn't AZ. It's going to be a Long Hot Summer and Paul Newman isn't standing outside my door with his shirt off.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I could handle a condo in Northern Italy. As long as there are some great trattorias nearby.

Right now I could handle a condo pretty much anywhere that isn't AZ.
I'm with you....the Lakes region is so pretty - I could be happy there for sure. Just not sure if it is big enough for the whole gang...If so we could probably use it as a base if we're close enough to transit to get to the places we'd like to see. I imagine we'll find out more in bits and pieces along the way....

Old 06-07-2011, 07:36 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
All this travel talk is making me get wanderlust!

My niece is pre-vet, and is doing an internship in a cheetah breeding facility in South Africa. They are each assigned a baby cheetah, and are responsible (along with Momma Cheetah of course) for it's health and welfare till September. I am supremely jealous.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
All this travel talk is making me get wanderlust!

My niece is pre-vet, and is doing an internship in a cheetah breeding facility in South Africa. They are each assigned a baby cheetah, and are responsible (along with Momma Cheetah of course) for it's health and welfare till September. I am supremely jealous.

How cool for your niece! Is she from South Africa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting