Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 09:15 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,553,701 times

Advertisements

Anyone else facing the latest health insurance crap - we have pretty good health insurance, but the latest is we have to fill our prescriptions via a specified online pharmacy, and not our local pharmacy. If we need emergency medicine or antibiotics we need to submit the presciption for their approval, and they may or may not allow us to fill it locally. It's ridiculous.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:47 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,901,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Anyone else facing the latest health insurance crap - we have pretty good health insurance, but the latest is we have to fill our prescriptions via a specified online pharmacy, and not our local pharmacy. If we need emergency medicine or antibiotics we need to submit the presciption for their approval, and they may or may not allow us to fill it locally. It's ridiculous.
Ugh! We haven't encountered that one yet. It makes me so angry when insurance companies put themselves in the place of medical professionals in making health-related decisions!! Who has the ready cash to pay full price for prescriptions, just hoping they'll get covered, these days??

Old 06-19-2011, 11:34 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,757,356 times
Quote:
We don't "have" to fill ours online, but here's the choices we have:

1. I can get 30 day's worth of my choice of generic ambiens at my choice of pharmacies for $10. Different generics have vaguely different side effects because of the fillers, so I prefer whichever pharmacy has the long ones, not the round ones. For up to 3 refills for a total of 4 months' worth before I have to pester my doctor for a new prescription. For $120/year.

2. I can get 30 day's worth of my choice of brand-name Ambiens at my choice of pharmacies for $25. With up to 3 refills for a total of 4 months' worth, before I have to pester my doctor for a new prescription. For $300/year.

3. I can get a 90-day supply of generic Ambiens at the mail-order pharmacy, but I don't get to pick the long ones. They send me what they have, and I deal with it. It's only $5 for 90 days, with 3 refills, for a total of 1 year's worth of Ambien at $20 for the whole year.

I can get reimbursed $350 for a wig for medical reasons, as long as I go to the in-network durable medical supply depot. Except, wigs aren't durable medical supplies, so most of those depots don't carry wigs at all. There are a couple of wig shops that are in-network, but they're out of state, or a minimum of 2 hours away from my house. There -is- a wig shop in walking distance of home, but if I get a wig there, I have to submit the claim, get it rejected since it's out of network, and appeal it on the grounds that there is no in-network shop in reasonable distance to home. If I'm lucky, it would get approved within a month of the next year's wig purchase.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,147,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
Congrats Psr!

Speaking of traffic, I'm wondering what you know about the drive from Santa Monica to Pasadena??? I'll be in Southern California for work July 19th through the 21st. We're staying in Santa Monica but shooting in Pasadena... I've heard the drive is very long with lots of traffic. Is that correct?
I must have missed something. Are you shooting a film, commercial, magazine layout? (I'm going to assume it's not a deer. )

A lot depends on what you are going to do, the crew you are going to use and where you can get the location permit.

Morning all!

Old 06-19-2011, 03:47 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,146,706 times
Quote:
I hate all of that crap!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,949,856 times
Hey all! Hope you all had a nice day today. Kind of chilly here.

We are pooped - but.... all furniture is out of the upstairs, rooms painted, we are ready for carpet tomorrow. Then maybe things will go back to some sort of normal.

DS made mashed turnips with bacon tonight to go along with the steaks we got DH for Father's Day. The turnips were delicious - but as DS pointed out, the bacon ruined any health benefits of the turnips. Oh well. I'm having trouble getting through all these veggies we get each week. So any way we can get them eaten works.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:48 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,438,370 times
I ended up being a total slug today. DH was gone golfing and DS and I watched the US Open on TV, napped, read and basically did nothing....felt so good though.

We had a nice steak salad for dinner with a spicy chipotle ranch dressing...turned out really nice. DS even said "we should have this more often" - he's not generally my salad eater (DD could live on nothing but salad) but the steak and spicey dressing helped. Plus - it wasn't so heavy a meal that we'll feel guilty eating strawberry shortcake for dessert.....

Cool and windy here today. I actually had to close the windows last night because I got chilly. It was really pretty and warm this morning but has cooled off the later in the day it got.....

I have to be really productive at work tomorrow so that I won't think about work while I'm gone. So looking forward to it. Have downloaded some new books on my Nook to read on the way. Yay!

Hope everyone had a lovely Father's Day.

How was the Hawiian food at the new place Dew?

Old 06-19-2011, 06:49 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,438,370 times
How's your back feeling jk?

Old 06-19-2011, 06:52 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,949,856 times
It tighten up tonight. All the up and down ladders and painting. Was thinking of you today because my hand/arm is sore from painting.

So glad I nixed the bike ride yesterday. They were all slightly disappointed yesterday as it wasn't as what they touted. They ended up coming back here afterwards to eat. DH was so tired today after riding so much yesterday. Very grouchy. And he has a horrible travel week this week.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:01 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,146,706 times
pretty low key day here. We started out with a couple cranky kids at lunch. Thankfully that improved. DH worked on his car this afternoon.

We figured out why our lawn and plants look so bad this year. We caught a bunny feasting on a plant in the front yard, and noticed droppings in all the dead lawn spots. This is my 5th summer here. Up until now I haven't minded the bunnies. Now I see why people think of them as pests. I wonder if they are worse this year for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.