Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,566 times

Advertisements

One of the happier days in my life was when I attended my final Chorus/Band concert. Those things can be like hell on earth.
I love my kids but I definitely liked being able to gradually become less and less involved in school issues as they got older.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Just to clarify - I didn't mean to imply moms shouldn't get involved in schools - I don't know if it's a relatively new concept or just where I grew up, but parents those days avoided the school like plague.

Dew - EastEnders is my total favorite. I'm completely addicted. Yes it does stereotype, and in a glorious fashion, I might add. (I can say that because I lived there ). There isn't anything quite like it on American TV. Even MrFR is sucked in.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,688,566 times
My friend was on Emmerdale Farms for around 20 years, so I wish they would show it here. They used to show Eastenders, but I haven't seen it on TV in years.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
When I was in school I don't think the parents were welcome there at all. I don't ever remember my parents being in the classroom once.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,683,453 times
Good afternoon ladies. Crazy day here in Central Florida. I just went through my first tornado. Thankfully the only damage I have is my orange tree snapped in half and is on the ground and my fences blew down. My neighbors have house damage so as soon as this storm passes I will have to go over and see what happened there. It has been raining and storming so hard I woke up thinking I was in a hurricane lol!

Hope everyone else's day is better than mine although I thank God mine has been minimal.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Good afternoon ladies. Crazy day here in Central Florida. I just went through my first tornado. Thankfully the only damage I have is my orange tree snapped in half and is on the ground and my fences blew down. My neighbors have house damage so as soon as this storm passes I will have to go over and see what happened there. It has been raining and storming so hard I woke up thinking I was in a hurricane lol!

Hope everyone else's day is better than mine although I thank God mine has been minimal.
Yikes! Glad you didn't get too much damage. We live in a tornado area too. Nothing worse than hearing that sound, gives me chills.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yikes! Glad you didn't get too much damage. We live in a tornado area too. Nothing worse than hearing that sound, gives me chills.
I didn't even realize it at the time as the lightning and rains have been so loud all morning. It was only after putting on the news that I saw it came through and then seeing the damage. It was a dinky one but it traveled very far. Crazy storms all morning and they are still going on and expected to for the rest of the day. We are under a tornado warning and severe thunderstorm warning until 8:00 pm.

My doggies really need to go out but I am not letting them in this weather. Not to mention with the fences being down they have a tendency to travel through the neighborhood lol. They are just going to have to hold it until the weather lets up enough to walk them. No going in the back yard for them until I get the fences fixed. I would walk them in the rain but there is so much lightning I don't dare.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:21 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post

Holy carp Kathleen! Glad it wasn't worse, though I feel bad about your tree.

This is probably an inappropriate time to say I love wild weather, as long as things stay relatively upright.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This is probably an inappropriate time to say I love wild weather, as long as things stay relatively upright.
Crazy chicka!

Old 03-31-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Holy carp Kathleen! Glad it wasn't worse, though I feel bad about your tree.

I used to love wild weather too until I went through Hurricane Andrew in Miami in 1992. Now I jump out of my skin when things get too crazy. Tornadoes though have always scared me even though I had never been through one. I could never live in one of those tornado states like Kansas, Oklahoma or such. I would be petrified. I blame that movie Twister lol.

Anyone in the Tampa area who wants free oranges, come on over. They are everywhere. I am just glad they did not go projectile!

I have not been out front yet to see the damage out there. I am hoping my SUV is ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting