U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 PM

41,723 posts, read 46,295,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Not all shrugs are super casual or wedding-y:
Thanks. I'll keep my eye out for some tailored ones. Some of the sheaths out there right now are super nice.

Quote:
Probably depends on the type of job you are seeking though too....I haven't seen a lot of suits at work in quite some time. But then the West does tend to be more on the casual side.
We're more casual here for every day, but not for interviewing or meetings with clients and top executives. My target industries are conservative too.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 PM

41,723 posts, read 46,295,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Birthday dinner was yummy. I had DH stop on the way home so I could buy a bottle of wine. It is still my b-day and I'm not done celebrating!
Glad you're enjoying yourself! Keep on partying!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:20 PM

1,333 posts, read 1,176,176 times
I mentioned this on another thread, but I have to vent:

We were robbed a couple of nights ago. We live in one of two very exclusive neighborhoods in this town, so this is kinda shocking. Someone broke in my car and stole the GPS (which was 4 years old and not worth much) and stole the lawn mower. The GPS I don't care about so much but it was a good lawn mower and we need it. I am thankful they didn't steal my car.

My car was locked, BTW. I always, always, always lock my car. The cop didn't believe me, I could tell.

Now I am kinda scared to sleep at night. DH has been out of the country for work, so it's scary by myself (well, with the kids).

That's why I'm here posting on CD instead of going to bed.
Nothing good on TV.

Can someone recommend a fantastic book?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 PM

16,914 posts, read 11,707,696 times
Sorry to hear that Calgirl......

What kind of book? Have you tried poking around the Book forum?

Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 PM

1,333 posts, read 1,176,176 times
Quote:
What kind of book?

Not a scary one!

Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 PM

16,826 posts, read 13,606,176 times
Quote:
Good for you! Enjoy the rest of your day. Has it cooled off any outside? I'm too lazy to check. Where'd you go for dinner - anywhere good?
we went downtown to the Spaghetti Factory. I didn't realize it is mostly a west coast chain. Neat old building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I mentioned this on another thread, but I have to vent:

We were robbed a couple of nights ago. We live in one of two very exclusive neighborhoods in this town, so this is kinda shocking. Someone broke in my car and stole the GPS (which was 4 years old and not worth much) and stole the lawn mower. The GPS I don't care about so much but it was a good lawn mower and we need it. I am thankful they didn't steal my car.

My car was locked, BTW. I always, always, always lock my car. The cop didn't believe me, I could tell.

Now I am kinda scared to sleep at night. DH has been out of the country for work, so it's scary by myself (well, with the kids).

That's why I'm here posting on CD instead of going to bed.
Nothing good on TV.

Can someone recommend a fantastic book?
I'm so sorry! That's awful!

Old 06-29-2011, 10:08 PM

11,951 posts, read 5,588,140 times
Rkb - party hearty!

Calgirl - sorry, that sucks. Do you have a dog? If not borrow one for a few nights, they are a great deterrent.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:12 AM

3,388 posts, read 1,690,826 times
Morning, folks!

calgirl - so sorry to hear about the break in! I second the dog idea - ours sound like they'd rip your leg off, but most likely they'd just lick someone to death if god forbid anyone tried to get in the house!

What do you like to read? If you're looking for some escapism fiction, Neil Gaiman is a favorite of mine - alternate worlds, kind of a dark sense of humor. In the land of nonfiction, I've been reading my way through presidential biographies (because I'm that kind of dork) - I highly recommend the series on TR by Edmund Morris.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:24 AM

5,742 posts, read 2,714,263 times
Morning all!

Ewag, it's going to be a beautiful day in the city of Philadelphia.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:36 AM

16,914 posts, read 11,707,696 times
Morning!

Everyone have fun/interesting plans for the day?

Hope Calgirl got some sleep last night.

FR - so now I've caught up with all the Masterchef episodes.....I'm finding it hard to stay as focused on what's happening as I do Top Chef...but it is interesting for sure. And yes, the 18 yo freshman - pfft. What an arrogant little snot. Same with Suzy. She does seem to have the chops but she needs to be knocked down a peg or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.