Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
PS do any of you own a cat?

Kitty X is taking into whole scorpion swallowing! She has hairballed two up in the past few days. Normally I thought cats just play, then kill, and then eat. But she seems to be swallowing them whole like a sword swallower! I don't know what she is trying to prove and she seems fine. Scorpion not so much.
Yes, two cats and we also have scorpions. I don't know if either of them has ever gotten one. I hear stories, though, that cats will do what your kitty has. Apparently will no ill effects.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
Kitty X is taking into whole scorpion swallowing! She has hairballed two up in the past few days. Normally I thought cats just play, then kill, and then eat. But she seems to be swallowing them whole like a sword swallower! I don't know what she is trying to prove and she seems fine. Scorpion not so much.
How is she able to do that without getting majorly hurt?

My sister lives in East Texas and is always finding scorpions in their house. Creeps me out!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:48 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
eeewww! We have one cat, no scorpions! She's old and spoiled. I don't know if he could catch a bug if she tried.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes, two cats and we also have scorpions. I don't know if either of them has ever gotten one. I hear stories, though, that cats will do what your kitty has. Apparently will no ill effects.
No the only effect was she came into the house from the garage walking like she had toothpicks for legs. She was meowing loudly and irritable. I thought she just wanted to go out and play. Well I let doggie X out but as she went to run she just hairballed out the scorpion instead! I think she wasn't too pleased in her act but afterwards was fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
How is she able to do that without getting majorly hurt?

My sister lives in East Texas and is always finding scorpions in their house. Creeps me out!
I hate scorpions! I believe NAPALM was invented for these purposes but it is illegal. Lucky this year we have not caught a single one since Kitty X and our pest control services. Last year we had four I believe. I flew to Florida and told Mr. X sort the problem out. Kitty X was very little then but now...that girl can kill! She brought home two earth round snakes, a gecko, she mutilates crickets and horrible as it may seem she likes to rip one of their legs off and watching them hop with one leg. Now its the scorpions.

Maybe she is taking swallowing lessons by watching old Madonna video?

If she caught a centipede I think I would die of fright. I have a very big big phobia against centipedes. Millipedes are cool but centipedes are the work of the devil........

Old 07-01-2011, 12:55 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
We have lots of scorpions here. Me no likey

Hopes - well done to DS, TK, and you!

Old 07-01-2011, 01:02 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
I hate scorpions! I believe NAPALM was invented for these purposes but it is illegal. .
Then I won't tell you I was stung by one a few months ago. I'll tell you, Mrs. X if I see one he has about 3 seconds to live.

Think I mentioned the marks on our sliding glass door a few weeks ago. I showed them to DH. He looked at them. Went outside and looked at them. Came back in and said, "Looks like bobcat prints" and went back to his work. So I said, "That's all? You're not worried?" (I know we have them in the neighborhood.) He said, "Nope. He's more afraid of us then we are of him."

Speak for yourself Mr. Boy Scout Nature Man.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
We have lots of scorpions here. Me no likey

Hopes - well done to DS, TK, and you!
Wait you are in Atlanta? Scorpions in Atlanta?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Then I won't tell you I was stung by one a few months ago. I'll tell you, Mrs. X if I see one he has about 3 seconds to live.

Think I mentioned the marks on our sliding glass door a few weeks ago. I showed them to DH. He looked at them. Went outside and looked at them. Came back in and said, "Looks like bob cat prints" and went back to his work. So I said, "That's all? You're not worried?" (I know we have them in the neighborhood.) He said, "Nope. He's more afraid of us then we are of him."

Speak for yourself Mr. Boy Scout Nature Man.
Hahahaha---Mr.X was having a ciggie late one night outside on the front steps. He comes back in and he tells me "Man I just saw the biggest cat ever! It was huge!" I was like it is probably a bob cat. He goes "No it wasn't a bob cat. He looked like a big house cat!" He describes it and stuff. I told him bob cat. Then he tells me "I tried calling it but it wouldn't come to me."

A few weeks later we head over to market days and there was this American Indian with stuffed bob cats. Mr. X goes that is what I saw and starts to tell him what happened the American Indian starts to laugh and tells him to becareful and stuff. So we walk away and I told him tonight when he goes back to the reservation he will name you BiglittlebrainEnglishMan.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:14 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Wait you are in Atlanta? Scorpions in Atlanta?
Yes. Very appropriately named "Little Southern Devils".

Old 07-01-2011, 01:27 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yes. Very appropriately named "Little Southern Devils".
Oh, those are scorpions? I thought they were your kids.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:33 PM

Well I am off. Time for a nap!

I wish everyone a very happy safe Fourth of July!

XX
Mrs. X
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting