U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-06-2011, 01:53 PM

11,294 posts, read 16,663,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Please bear with me because I have to get this out:

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

The coffee has kicked in and I walked around the house. Everything is covered in a layer of pink dust. Everything! And now the gardeners have moved across the street and they are blowing all of the dust up again. Huge sheets of it. Gentlemen! This is not the time for a blower! Use the hose!!

Ok. I'll stop complaining now. May I have a slice of that double chocolate cake, please?
I would've taken the hose to the gardeners if it were me. Or gone over there and yelled profanities at them while pouring dust right back to where it was before their blowers moved it.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:09 PM

17,039 posts, read 12,225,729 times
Hope you're feeling better Dew.

Hey Anon....good to see you.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:15 PM

21,891 posts, read 12,659,189 times
Yep! Thanks mm!

Old 07-06-2011, 02:24 PM

5,948 posts, read 2,914,569 times
Oh Dew! How awful. Have a shot, you deserve one.

Can you wait a couple of days to do a thorough clean up? Kinda literally wait until the dust settles?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:41 PM

17,039 posts, read 12,225,729 times
Hey FR - how are you? Interestingly enough, when we were back in the midwest, a second cousin or so, came down for the memorial service and we got to talking...her husband is in the same or related business as you are (not really quite sure what you do other than it has something to do with the production/engineering of music?). I never would have thought too much about it before since I am completely, hopelessly, not musically inclined at all...but it did make me think of you and what a small world it is....

Old 07-06-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hey FR - how are you? Interestingly enough, when we were back in the midwest, a second cousin or so, came down for the memorial service and we got to talking...her husband is in the same or related business as you are (not really quite sure what you do other than it has something to do with the production/engineering of music?). I never would have thought too much about it before since I am completely, hopelessly, not musically inclined at all...but it did make me think of you and what a small world it is....
Hey mm...

I'm good. Having a bit of the grumps, but I'll live. I'm glad my house isn't covered in dust.

Yeah, I'm an engineer/producer. I'm the one that sits behind the big recording console and says that sucks, do it again. I wonder if I know your cousin's hubby? It's a pretty small business. Definitely a small old world.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:03 PM

21,891 posts, read 12,659,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh Dew! How awful. Have a shot, you deserve one.

Can you wait a couple of days to do a thorough clean up? Kinda literally wait until the dust settles?
Thanks Fin. My medicinal bottle of Jack, kept under the sink, was put to good use.

The mess is such I didn't want to wait. There was a layer of dried muck on everything. I'm way too OCD to leave it. Hopefully, we'll get some rain to wash the trees off. It's going to take a couple of days for the dust to settle then I'll probably do it again. Wish I owned a car wash because those guys are going to make a mint!

Old 07-06-2011, 03:53 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,014,839 times
Little Miss FR is a cutie!

Old 07-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks Fin. My medicinal bottle of Jack, kept under the sink, was put to good use.
Good girl.

Quote:
The mess is such I didn't want to wait. There was a layer of dried muck on everything. I'm way too OCD to leave it. Hopefully, we'll get some rain to wash the trees off. It's going to take a couple of days for the dust to settle then I'll probably do it again. Wish I owned a car wash because those guys are going to make a mint!
No doubt! I'm sorry it's such a mess. What a PITA. (no you don't eat it).

I'd be a bit worried about your computer and hard drives. Do you have all your important stuff backed up? Fine dust like that can create havoc on circuit boards and fine moving parts like hard drives. They are probably pretty well sealed but I'd maybe make sure I had backed up recently just in case.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Little Miss FR is a cutie!
Why thank you, thank you very much! I wish I could post a full photo (shameless mommy bragging) - that one I picked because you can't really make out her features. You know, the internet bogey man and all that.

There are a few loonies lurking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.