Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 02:29 PM

13,292 posts, read 9,821,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
They were the bomb! Thanks for posting it. Were you there Fin?
Why yes, yes I was. You mean you can't pick me out?

Hopes, I have been itching to organize a bunch of stuff too. You wouldn't think I'd have anything to organize, we've only been here a year for gawd's sake. Where does it all come from??? And who messes it all up?

That's what I want to know. I'm going to have mm come over and do mine. I hear she's really good at it.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:41 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,662,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
We don't have bulk pickup in our area. So we either have to take everything to the recycling place, and hope they accept it, or hire a dumpster. PIA.
We can toss anything out onto the curb every week here. There are some criteria, such as paint cans have to be dry and carpeting has to be cut into 3' rolled sections. But I can put an appliance or piece of furniture out on the curb any week without making special arranagements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hopes, I have been itching to organize a bunch of stuff too. You wouldn't think I'd have anything to organize, we've only been here a year for gawd's sake. Where does it all come from??? And who messes it all up?
I'm the problem here. I'll buy something instead of realizing we already have it. A month ago, I was posting on here about buying a toddler wading pool FOR MYSELF because it's so hot this summer. Guess what? I found one of those blow up ones in the attic---IN AN UNOPENED PACKAGE! I must have bought it when the kids were in elementary school! LOL

My biggest problem is books. I have boxes and boxes of books stored in the attic. I can't bring myself to throwing them away! I'm not motivated enough to have a yard sale. And getting them to Half Price Books to sell them would require a U-Haul truck! I think I might finally just pitch them out the window and be done with it!

Quote:
That's what I want to know. I'm going to have mm come over and do mine. I hear she's really good at it.
Let's split her airfare to Pennsylvania!

Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
We can toss anything out onto the curb every week here. There are some criteria, such as paint cans have to be dry and carpeting has to be cut into 3' rolled sections. But I can put an appliance or piece of furniture out on the curb any week without making special arranagements.

I'm the problem here. I'll buy something instead of realizing we already have it. A month ago, I was posting on here about buying a toddler wading pool FOR MYSELF because it's so hot this summer. Guess what? I found one of those blow up ones in the attic---IN AN UNOPENED PACKAGE! I must have bought it when the kids were in elementary school! LOL

My biggest problem is books. I have boxes and boxes of books stored in the attic. I can't bring myself to throwing them away! I'm not motivated enough to have a yard sale. And getting them to Half Price Books to sell them would require a U-Haul truck! I think I might finally just pitch them out the window and be done with it!

Let's split her airfare to Pennsylvania!
Let's! It'll be worth it. Meanwhile, send me over some of your books - and I poked a hole in our kiddie pool with the rosebush and had to buy another one yesterday... sounds like I could use what's in your attic.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:37 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,509,832 times
How are our Colorado ladies surviving these nasty storms?

Quote:
Why yes, yes I was. You mean you can't pick me out?
Oh, I see you now. Up front in the red shirt?

Old 07-17-2011, 04:15 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,945,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
How are our Colorado ladies surviving these nasty storms?
They aren't that bad.
Just hard rain and a lot of lightening.
If anything its a nuisance cause you get drenched walking to/from your car to anywhere else and its noisy when you try to sleep.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:36 AM

Good Morning All!

Anyone else going to be watching the World Cup Soccer final this afternoon? Speaking of...don't know if you've heard about the doping scandal? 5 of the North Korean players have tested positive for steroids, but the part I really liked the most was the excuse the NK's gave:

"The steroids were accidentally taken with traditional Chinese medicines based on musk deer glands to treat players who had been struck by lightning"

Sure! That's an excellent excuse. The next time I'm caught in a jam and can't think up a good excuse, I'm going to use that one!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:33 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,348,269 times
Hey everyone - how was your weekend? I was busy spending time with my dad...he left first thing this morning. Then I had to go out and try to make a dent in the weeds that have accumulated over the past week or two...Yikes. By the time I got home from work each day it was always getting ready to pour down again. I think it's done now but the weather is reporting that it's supposed to be in the high 90's, hovering around 100 all week. And windy and dry. I was afraid if I didn't get to those weeds they'd be cemented in rock hard dirt and going to seed all at the same time. They were easy to pull but wow....I filled 2-3 garbage bags. Some of those prickly ones were 3' tall!

Hopes - you can generally donate books. I know I take boxes to our library from time to time. They have a used book room that they sell the donated books. I've also picked up some goodies there....

Have fun cleaning Hopes - I know it's a PITA but it sure feels great when it's done. One less thing hanging over your head....<note to self....do not open any mysterious envelopes from Pennsylvania>

Old 07-17-2011, 10:42 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,010,565 times
MM, I'm so glad you got to spend time with your dad!

Ugly wake-up call this morning: my car alarm going off. I'm suspecting one of the more evil rabbits around here. Yep. Going to watch soccer. Go, USA!!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:53 AM

Hey mm!

For Dew:

&#x202a;Bohemian Whapsody&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

Old 07-17-2011, 11:04 AM

The 7 Best insults courtesy of William Shakespeare. Some of them may come in handy in some of the more irksome threads. Maybe Julia can give us a heads-up if these go against TOS :

- "You should be women and yet your beards forbid me to interpret that you are so."

- "Methinks thou art a general offence, and every man should beat thee. I think thou wast created for men to breathe themselves upon you."

- "I must tell you friendly in your ear, sell when you can, you are not for all markets."

- "Thou art a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy worsted-stocking knave; a lily-liver'd, action-taking, whoreson, glass-gazing, superserviceable, finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way"

- "I'll beat thee, but I should infect my hands."

- "Away, you cut-purse rascal! you filthy bung, away! By this wine, I'll thrust my knife in your mouldy chaps, an you play the saucy cuttle with me. Away, you bottle-ale rascal! you basket-hilt stale juggler, you!"

- "Thou art a boil, a plague sore, an embossed carbuncle in my corrupted blood."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.