Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 04:51 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,890,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Welcome back Ewag!
Thanks, Dew! And from one procrastinator to another, kudos to you for your super productive day! Isn't that the best feeling when the outcome is set to be better than we would have thought?

Old 07-25-2011, 05:41 PM

13,291 posts, read 9,808,652 times
Hey Ewag...

OK, things I have to get at Costco: Butter, bags of peeled tail on frozen shrimp (12.99 as opposed to $23 at our local ), pork chops, Clorox wipes, paper towels (although I hate it when they don't have the kind that splits into 3 small sheets) TP, Ziploc bags, tin foil, detergents, cheese (fresh Moz and the sharp cheddar that's in the fridge, not the ready made meals part), lunch meat, coffee - that Columbian one in the bag is fantastic. I can't buy a bin of ground Folgers for 12 dollars at the grocery store - 12 bucks! Not going to do it. Same with the butter. You get 4 packs for about 9 bucks, as opposed to a pack at the grocery for 3/4 bucks each. Those Chobani yogurts in the 12 pack. Good deal. In the winter, bags of frozen Spinach Ravioli, and a flat of Chicken Noodle/Chicken Rice soup.

Things I want at Costco but don't always get: Cheesecake. Whatever delicious bucket of dip they have, those Acai blueberry chocolate things, their cartons of organic chicken stock, a big salami, the cream cheese spread they have on demo every week. The big bucket of Mixed Nuts. The spinach cheese Phyllo pastry frozen triangle doo dads. Those are delicious.

Things I want but never get: Lobster and Crab. And a kayak. Not that I've ever been kayaking, but I get the urge to walk out of there with one, nonetheless.

Oh, and we've gotten some good down coats there, for all of us.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:21 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,503,399 times
Howdy Ewag!

I love Costco!

They do free hearing tests. Free is good.

What do we get there....eyeglasses, contact lenses and solution, car tires and car batteries, camping gear, lots of gardening stuff, plants and bulbs, last few printers ink cartridges, printer paper, bread, milk, dog food, last few projectors, last few cameras, zip lock bags, shampoo and conditioner, toothpaste, soap, soda, same Columbian coffee as Fin, TP, paper towel, tissues, frozen pizza, tri-tip steak for the BBQ, salmon, tilapia, lamb roast, lamb chops, mango salsa, hummus, beer, sugar-snap peas, avos, asparagus, berries.

Things I would love to buy, but don't.....that special fudge, the little cream puffs, the cooked ribs, and mango mochi's.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,334,257 times
Forgot about the eyeglasses...and LOL at the creampuffs. DS loves those. One year he requested those in lieu of a birthday cake....

Old 07-25-2011, 07:33 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,337,069 times
I so wish I could go to Costco but living in New York, any good store that opens is usually the only location and therefore crowded beyond belief. The only Costco location near enough to me always is so packed that the line to pay is a two hour wait. No matter what time of the day, their parking lot is filled to capacity.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,823,059 times
I love Chobani yogurt. I only buy it at Costco when DS is home from school, because the mega pack is all fruit flavored, and I like plain vanilla. Costco shrimp! How did I forget that? Right now they have frozen Key West Pinks, but they aren't shelled and deveined. So, even though I'm sure it is a wonderful product, I have to stick with the ones that I can defrost and toss into dinner.

BTW Fin, the big box of mixed nuts is now permanently off my list. DH loved them, but they have removed the pricey macadamias and added too many cashews.

I notice when Costco prices start to rise, much more so than in the supermarket. Coffee, toilet paper, you know, necessities, EEK!

Old 07-25-2011, 07:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,991,174 times
Costco: Vitamins, Oil of Olay, Coffee, Mexican Coke (if they have it), cleaning supplies, canned chicken breast, little lunch packs with tuna (for me), office supplies, photography supplies, books, wine.

Someone looks in our line at the check-out and they're thinking, "Boring."

Old 07-25-2011, 08:05 PM

970 posts, read 2,203,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleasach View Post
Does anyone here have a treadmill at home? I just ordered one today. Time to get into better shape. I have a manual one but you have to hold the rails and it's not very comfortable.

I'm three weeks into a complete change in eating habits and figure this will get me moving more on a daily basis. Anyone have one?
We have a treadmill at home for the humans and the dogs. One of our dogs will run on that thing for an hour with his tail wagging the whole time. Crazy dog. I think it was about $400 on Amazon and it's still in good shape considering how much it get used.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:15 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,503,399 times
We have a treadmill too. I like to walk on it if it's too hot to walk outside. DH is an avid runner and will use it if the weather is not co-operative for his daily runs. When DS was younger he would walk on there if he wanted to watch TV.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:57 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,614,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
When DS was younger he would walk on there if he wanted to watch TV.
Did he walk on the treadmill to earn TV time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.