Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,840,888 times

Advertisements

C'mon over y'all, there's cake left! This is working out very well. My friend's husband lives out of state during the week, so she wants to host all the dinners, and we just take turns cooking in her gorgeous kitchen. I don't mind cooking as much as I mind cleaning for company, so it's right up my alley.

Num, your trip sounds great. I want to see whales and the northern lights before I die. I just can't quite bring myself to give up a beach vacation for a chilly one.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:12 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,354,751 times
mmmm....that would be lovely. I am having a craving for something sweet but don't keep anything in the house.... Settled for fat free Greek yogurt with some frozen organic cherries (big bag from ..... Costco)...

The northern lights are definitely something to see. That's on my to-do-again list... Mattie if you go to Southern California in about Feb (if I recall - Dew would know better probably) you can get the beach and the whales - although the beach won't be all that warm...and..the Pacific isn't all that warm of water in any event.

DH has not been to the PNW so that is on our list. One of these days....

DD just found out she has her job back for next semester - which is really a relief to her. She won't be able to work at all second semester and she has an odd schedule this semester so she wasn't sure if it would work out. She's hoping to be able to keep her savings account built up so she doesn't have to ask us for additional money during that semester. The countdown begins....We have 2 milestone birthdays next month and two graduations this spring. Yikes. But in a good way...

Last edited by maciesmom; 07-27-2011 at 10:20 PM..

Old 07-27-2011, 11:15 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,947,380 times
Are we ignoring me again or something?
I've said a load of GOOD things and no response at all.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,892,955 times
num - So glad you got to see so much on your trip! I love Anacortes, too. Olympic National Park (on the Peninsula) is one of my favorite places on the planet! Hope you've been able to catch up on some sleep

Ah, the northern lights - that's on my bucket list, as well. We really want to get up to Alaska at some point (funny that we didn't manage to do it while we lived out in Seattle, but oh well).

mm - Great news about DD - always nice to know those things are squared away.

FR - I forgot to ask how you liked the preschool? Is Miss FR planning to attend in the fall?

I am having a glorious half hour of quiet - DS is still asleep! I think (fingers crossed, knock on wood) we may be moving past the sleep difficulty.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 AM

13,293 posts, read 9,826,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
FR - I forgot to ask how you liked the preschool? Is Miss FR planning to attend in the fall?
We liked it very much, thanks for asking.

We were planning on attending in the fall. However, I get an email yesterday afternoon saying that somebody on the waiting list that they thought was not interested has just responded and that they will have to see if they want the spot before they can enroll anyone else. I asked her what that meant, as she said MissFR will then go on the waiting list and won't be able to enroll in September if they take it. I'm a tad PO'd at this development. They have our deposit check, and we'd already confirmed an orientation date.

MissFR already thinks she's going to that particular preschool. They didn't give any indication whatsoever that her attendance was subject to change. I'm not sure what to do about it now. The chances of us finding another one at this date that is in our price range and near our house are very slim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I am having a glorious half hour of quiet - DS is still asleep! I think (fingers crossed, knock on wood) we may be moving past the sleep difficulty.
Oh yay! I'm so happy to hear that. I hope so too.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:42 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,687,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
My friend's husband lives out of state during the week, so she wants to host all the dinners, and we just take turns cooking in her gorgeous kitchen.
I was wondering how it worked getting together for ladies' dinner with children and husbands being at everyone's homes. Thought you had to ship them out for the night. Soon you'll all be empty nesters and you can take turns by kicking your husbands out.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:44 AM

43,011 posts, read 107,687,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

We were planning on attending in the fall. However, I get an email yesterday afternoon saying that somebody on the waiting list that they thought was not interested has just responded and that they will have to see if they want the spot before they can enroll anyone else. I asked her what that meant, as she said MissFR will then go on the waiting list and won't be able to enroll in September if they take it. I'm a tad PO'd at this development. They have our deposit check, and we'd already confirmed an orientation date.

MissFR already thinks she's going to that particular preschool. They didn't give any indication whatsoever that her attendance was subject to change. I'm not sure what to do about it now. The chances of us finding another one at this date that is in our price range and near our house are very slim.
I'm sorry to hear about this development. I hope someone changes their minds and MissFR gets a spot. I'd keep looking just in case though.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,929,562 times
Quote:
However, I get an email yesterday afternoon saying that somebody on the waiting list that they thought was not interested has just responded and that they will have to see if they want the spot before they can enroll anyone else. I asked her what that meant, as she said MissFR will then go on the waiting list and won't be able to enroll in September if they take it. I'm a tad PO'd at this development. They have our deposit check, and we'd already confirmed an orientation date.
I'd be beyond po'd too - if there was a waiting list - how did MissFR get a guaranteed spot? If that person was just wishy washy - they should be out of luck and told THEY would have to wait since the spot was taken! IF the other person takes it?! So you for sure want it, they don't know, but they are going to let that person keep trying to make up their mind?

I'm annoyed for you! That's just not right. Geez.

Morning all!

Old 07-28-2011, 08:59 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,892,955 times
Quote:

Ugh - how annoying! I hope the wishy-washy one decides not to attend - nothing like having to re-decide something you already thought was finalized! Especially with finding the "right" preschool in a good location and price range. It would have been nice if they'd let you know all of this at the time of enrollment. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out for Miss FR.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:02 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,929,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Are we ignoring me again or something?
I've said a load of GOOD things and no response at all.
Okay - I'll bite. And I've said this before -

You only come on here and talk about yourself. Just update on what YOU are doing. You never engage in the rest of the conversation, ask about anyone else or seem to keep up with or care what is going on in anyone's lives. I think everyone is tired about hearing about you, you, you when you never reciprocate back.

On that note - mm, how did the senior pictures turn out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.